• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Why haven't we looked at Eric Johnson?

This guy has had injury problems, in fact many. But IMO, he's a guy worth the risk. He's a fantastic pass catching TE; as evidenced by his 82 catches for 825 yds with SF in 2004. Even last year with the Saints, he had 48 catches for 378 in 14 games.

Keep that bum Royal to block and use this guy in more passing situations. I think he'd be a perfect target for a guy like Edwards.

Find it hard to believe that Teyo Johnson and Maybe Anderson are going to be the only additions.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Re: Why haven't we looked at Eric Johnson?

Originally posted by patmoran2006
    This guy has had injury problems, in fact many. But IMO, he's a guy worth the risk. He's a fantastic pass catching TE; as evidenced by his 82 catches for 825 yds with SF in 2004. Even last year with the Saints, he had 48 catches for 378 in 14 games.

Keep that bum Royal to block and use this guy in more passing situations. I think he'd be a perfect target for a guy like Edwards.

Find it hard to believe that Teyo Johnson and Maybe Anderson are going to be the only additions.
    Couldnt agree more, and i thought we would have brought him in already instead of Troupe, i say cut ROyal he is not worth what we r payin him, at all, and if we sign Johnson, and draft a TE, i think Schouman would be fine as a 3rd string TE and slash hback out of the backfeild, Royal was one of Marvs many FA mistakes and needs to go
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

because he sucks.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

Johnson doesn't suck...but why hasn't really anyone looked at him?

I haven't heard any news on him at all.

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

A one-year wonder, but that one year makes him probably the best of a weak crop. Will be just 29 in September.
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

one year wonder who gets hurt and who doesnt provide a down the field threat.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Tatonka
              one year wonder who gets hurt and who doesnt provide a down the field threat.
              Possession guys are just as important as downfield threats.

He's a TE, not a sprinter speed WR. Those guys are supposed to be the downfield threat and open the middle of the field for TEs and possession receivers.

Not many TEs are downfield threats in this league and even the good to great TEs in this league do the majority of their "damage" in the middle of the field within 10-15 yards of the LOS.
              Last edited by Mr. Pink; 03-07-2008, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

If Buffalo can't sign a veteran TE with the ability to stretch the middle of the field, I wouldn't mind a TE who is a reliable pass catcher in the short zone, if they also draft a TE with more speed.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
                  a reliable pass catcher in the short zone
                  Utecht
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• gr8slayer
                    • Feb 2005

Because he's a horrible, washed up TE who can't stay healthy.

Comment

Working...
                    X