PDA

View Full Version : W.Post: unannounced inspections of locker rooms, press boxes & in-game communications

Mitchy moo
03-07-2008, 12:47 PM
BB might as quit right now, then again Roger will just call his old buddy Kraft and give him a heads up about someone stopping by....

With confidence in NFL rules oversight at low ebb, commissioner Roger Goddell is proposing enacting easier-to-impose cheating penalties as a deterrent for future SpyGate scandals, The Washington Post reported Thursday.
In an article on its Web site, the newspaper cited a memo sent to the league's competition committee Thursday and said the proposals included a change in rules that would allow league officials to make unannounced inspections of locker rooms, press boxes and in-game communications equipment.
The measure was among a series of stricter rules changes Goodell wants to enact before next season "to preserve the integrity of the game" and "maintain public confidence" in the sport, according to the memo.
"As the Commissioner and Competition Committee, we must take every appropriate step to safeguard the integrity of the NFL," Goodell wrote. "We have already taken some positive and significant actions this past season, but we must go further to ensure fair competition amongst our 32 teams and maintain public confidence in our game."
Goodell pledged stricter penalties for competition-rules violations and proposed a plan requiring team employees to give the league reports of "actual or suspected" violations.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3280996 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3280996)

Mitchy moo
03-07-2008, 12:55 PM
I think that there needs to be a rotating system of officials that specifically monitor for this type of behavior. THe rules need to be clear to all and have all the coaches, GM and staff sign binding agreements that they understand what the rules are and if "found" to have cheated, termination is instant and permanent.

BB saying I didn't know that something was wrong, doesn't make it right. Your honor I killed a man but didn't know the law here is not going to fly.

ddaryl
03-07-2008, 01:02 PM
I think this is the NFL's way of trying to avoid being brought in front of congress/senate and being further scrutinize. there trying to sweep this under the rug with this reactive BS

They don;'t want to dig up the fact that pro football might have been a big sham for the last 7 years.

Mitchy moo
03-07-2008, 01:05 PM
I think this is the NFL's way of trying to avoid being brought in front of congress/senate and being further scrutinize. there trying to sweep this under the rug with this reactive BS

They don;'t want to dig up the fact that pro football might have been a big sham for the last 7 years.

Like those who cheated and taped everything to gain and advantage when they had no real talent to speak of and a c-sucking queer for a QB??

justasportsfan
03-07-2008, 01:12 PM
makes me wonder whether Godell had crap on the cheatriots in the destroyed tapes which is why he is lobbying for this

trapezeus
03-07-2008, 04:07 PM
this is such a cosmetic change, it's ridiculous. It's going to be like 20 year old auditors trying to find financial wrongdoings with 50-60 year CFO's running the books.

YardRat
03-07-2008, 07:35 PM
You just know there's more skeletons in the closet if Goodell is trying to kiss Congresses ass.

VeggieMan14
03-07-2008, 07:41 PM
I bet the Pats are payin goodell to do this so he can steal playbooks from other teams and give them to him