Outstaning FA business I could cope with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outstaning FA business I could cope with

Here is my opinion of some outstanding Free Agent business I'd like to see done.

FB: Ok McIntyre is being talked to but I wonder why we've not spoken to Kreider? One guy I think we should have a chat with is Princeton alumini, Zak Keasey of the 49ers. Led the way for Gore last year having been converted from LB and is also a special teamer so more useful than most FBs. Only 26, but at 245lbs can block and clearly has the brains.

QB: Joey Harrington. Lets get the JP show over with. Being the same size as Edwards, there'd be fewer OL adjustments to make, he's young enough to remind Trent to step up and interestingly his QB rating and Pct has usually increased every year. He seems to have been often cut due to money rather than ability

LB: Teddy Lehman. Pat's favourite guy, he can start at SLB if Angelo goes down again meaning minimal LB re-adjustment but can also STeam. Has previously played in Jauron's defences

OT: Marvin Williams. Huge upgrade over Chambers.

LS: Greg Warren. No more s**t snaps for Brian

WR: Devard Darling. The lights finally came on in Week 11 and he then had 16 catches for over 300yds, 3TDs and a 18.1 average. At 6ft1, 215lbs might he be to us what Andre Davis has been to the Texans?

TE: Aaron Walker - there is nothing at all to inspire confidence but if we are considering Courtney Anderson, we might as well look at Walker, who has bounced around fewer teams

Personally I'm tired of hiring aging vets, or overpaying mediocre players who never have been or never will be. Most are 25-27 and Williams and Harrington aren't old at 29

I'm tired of teams not called the Buffalo Bills, taking a chance on a 3-5 year old veteran who hasn't done much and then has a breakout season.

Our turn.
    Last edited by Guest; 03-07-2008, 02:18 PM.
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Outstaning FA business I could cope with

I only disagree on Joey Harrington. He is a classic bust who has been cut because he can't play QB in the NFL. Give me a seasoned veteran who has had some success in his past - Brunell or Leftwich, for example - or a young guy with upside.

Harrington has had little success, and won't be getting any better.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
      I only disagree on Joey Harrington. He is a classic bust who has been cut because he can't play QB in the NFL. Give me a seasoned veteran who has had some success in his past - Brunell or Leftwich, for example - or a young guy with upside.

Harrington has had little success, and won't be getting any better.
      Leftwich has no mobility at all while won't a leftie cause more readjustment than a guy of similar size to the OL making it riskier?

I'd rather a guy who'll remind Edwards that he's there. I'm not sure there are many in FA who can do that and are better than Harrington

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by kernowboy
        [FONT=Times New Roman
        I'm tired of teams not called the Buffalo Bills, taking a chance on a 3-5 year old veteran who hasn't done much and then has a breakout season. [/FONT]

Our turn.
        We tried that with Larry Tripplett and that didn't seem to work out very well for us, eh?

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

I should've known you couldnt get threw a post without mentioning Ted Lehman. LOL

Lemme guess. We got STroud, McCargo, Spencer Johnson and Kyle Williams, and we should STILL draft Dre Moore in the second round too?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Originally posted by kernowboy
            Leftwich has no mobility at all while won't a leftie cause more readjustment than a guy of similar size to the OL making it riskier?
            I'm pretty sure that almost all of the starting lefthanded QBs in this league have had righthanded backups, and guys like Brunell and Simms have backed up righties. So I don't see the problem.

But I'm a lefty myself, so I'm a little sensitive to discrimination against us portsiders.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              I should've known you couldnt get threw a post without mentioning Ted Lehman. LOL

Lemme guess. We got STroud, McCargo, Spencer Johnson and Kyle Williams, and we should STILL draft Dre Moore in the second round too?
              2 injury prone starters ... Kyle Williams or Dre Moore who is faster than Calais Campbell and can play end.

Mmmm

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

There is a 0% chance they are drafting a DT before round 4, at the EARLIEST.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

Joey Harrington = JP NO

Teddy Lehman = Digi NO

Marvin Williams could be a possibility, seeing Chambers is garbage but we could draft a Tackle on day 2 for this same role.

Know nothing about your LS choice, which could be a good thing or a bad thing.

Devard Darling = Peerless Price...isn't the idea to upgrade and not add more scrubs?

We've brought in Teyo Johnson who has more upside and talent than Walker.

None of these choices upgrades anything, outside of the Tackle. Why bother?

Comment

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                    Joey Harrington = JP NO

Teddy Lehman = Digi NO

Marvin Williams could be a possibility, seeing Chambers is garbage but we could draft a Tackle on day 2 for this same role.

Know nothing about your LS choice, which could be a good thing or a bad thing.

Devard Darling = Peerless Price...isn't the idea to upgrade and not add more scrubs?

We've brought in Teyo Johnson who has more upside and talent than Walker.

None of these choices upgrades anything, outside of the Tackle. Why bother?
                    As you didn't mention my FB suggestion I assume you're ok there. Let me respond

1) Harrington = Losman .. fair enough. Harrington = Losman but then consider the 3rd or 4th rounder we get from trading JP? We get a starting calibre QB who is the same size as Trent and can keep him on his toes + a draft pick. GOOD DEAL

2) Is DiGiorgio a SLB? Will we go into the season with just 5 LBs on the roster? Lehman or Haggan or Costanzo? A starter who can play special teams or a STeamer who we hope doesn't have to start? Lehman can immediately back up Crowell, and can step in with immediate effect and minimal disruption and reorganisation. GOOD DEAL

3) You want to trust Trent's blindside to a Day2 rookie if Peters goes down, or massively reorganise the OL to cope, causing problems elsewhere? Williams brings experience to key OL postion and could step in immediately. GOOD DEAL

4) We need a proper LS like we had with Schneck. Warren replaced Schneck at Pittsburgh and won a ring. GOOD DEAL

5) Price was out of football a year, old and had a massive deal. Darling is younger and has finally started to play. Your comparison is totally erroneous. Compare Darling to Andre Davis and you have a better comparison. Can Darling step up like Davis has? He has all the tools. GOOD DEAL

6) Johnson has played for 5 NFL teams been out of football and never adjusted to being a TE. Walker has stuck with two teams, never been out of football and is a true TE. How does Teyo have more upside? Twice the number of teams disagree with you and favour Walker. GOOD DEAL

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

What happened to the love for Pearson?
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                      X