PDA

View Full Version : Bubba

patmoran2006
03-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Anyone heard anything regarding Bubba Franks? Haven't seen him linked to any team since he got cut by GB.

VeggieMan14
03-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Anyone heard anything regarding Bubba Franks? Haven't seen him linked to any team since he got cut by GB. SIGN HIM UP

YardRat
03-07-2008, 08:51 PM
The last bit I saw had him possibly signing with Seattle, but that was early in the week.

patmoran2006
03-07-2008, 08:54 PM
He I'm sure is nowhere where he used to be, but he could always catch that football.

VeggieMan14
03-07-2008, 08:54 PM
whatever happened to Samkon Gado to. i remember he singal handidly saved my fantasy footbal team two years ago. if you dont know who im talkin about he was a RB for the pack for like half a season from Nigeria

FlyingDutchman
03-07-2008, 09:06 PM
whatever happened to Samkon Gado to. i remember he singal handidly saved my fantasy footbal team two years ago. if you dont know who im talkin about he was a RB for the pack for like half a season from Nigeria

didnt he go to Houston, then Miami...?

Ickybaluky
03-07-2008, 09:07 PM
The last bit I saw had him possibly signing with Seattle, but that was early in the week.

I think he visited Seattle, who is still looking for TE help after Alge Crumpler signed with the Titans.

According to this article (http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=723915) from earlier this week, his agent expected him to be signed by the end of this week:

Franks near deal: Recently released tight end Bubba Franks will have a new home before the week is out, according to his agent, Eugene Mato.

The Packers released Franks on Feb. 20 and he has drawn considerable interest since then, Mato said. Though he wouldn't say which teams were interested or where Franks would land, Mato said he expected a deal to be done this week.

Maybe something will happen with him this weekend.

OpIv37
03-07-2008, 09:11 PM
he probably wants too much money for his skill level at this point of his career. Still, I hope the Bills at least gave his agent a call.

Ickybaluky
03-07-2008, 09:12 PM

Gado was cut by Houston after they traded for him from Green Bay. Miami picked him up off waivers and he finished the season with them.

He was to be a Restricted FA for Miami this year, but they decided against tendering him an offer and he became an unrestricted FA. He is still out there, but I haven't heard anyone express any interest in him. Someone will probably bring him to camp, but he really probably doesn't have much to offer.

VeggieMan14
03-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Gado was cut by Houston after they traded for him from Green Bay. Miami picked him up off waivers and he finished the season with them.

He was to be a Restricted FA for Miami this year, but they decided against tendering him an offer and he became an unrestricted FA. He is still out there, but I haven't heard anyone express any interest in him. Someone will probably bring him to camp, but he really probably doesn't have much to offer. one hit wonder i guess

Al the Bills Fan
03-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Gado could be good in rotation for some team out there that wants to implament the "run by committee" approach. I don't think that he is capable of being a workhorse #1 RB.

I'd pass on him here! I am really happy with our RBs and hope to see alot of the Lynch-Jackson 1-2 punch this upxoming season. I just hope we can get the ball into Lynch's hands more in the passing game.

Gado may end up being a flash in the pan player who has had his 15 minutes of fame.

VeggieMan14
03-07-2008, 09:48 PM
Gado could be good in rotation for some team out there that wants to implament the "run by committee" approach. I don't think that he is capable of being a workhorse #1 RB.

I'd pass on him here! I am really happy with our RBs and hope to see alot of the Lynch-Jackson 1-2 punch this upxoming season. I just hope we can get the ball into Lynch's hands more in the passing game.

Gado may end up being a flash in the pan player who has had his 15 minutes of fame. yea i wasnt saying we should get him just a random thought