PDA

View Full Version : What if we snag Fitz and Johnson and trade Lee off to AZ?

Mitchy moo
03-07-2008, 09:07 PM
AZ has Big cap problems with Fitz, lets trade Lee to AZ straight up and we can sign BJ as well. We would have 2 great receivers signed to long term projects and could afford both.

VeggieMan14
03-07-2008, 09:12 PM
AZ has Big cap problems with Fitz, lets trade Lee to AZ straight up and we can sign BJ as well. We would have 2 great receivers signed to long term projects and could afford both.

WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!! O i wish

OpIv37
03-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Skoobs is back on the anti-depressants.

That idea is just nuts.

VeggieMan14
03-07-2008, 09:15 PM

That idea is just nuts.who cares lol we can hope cant we

Mitchy moo
03-07-2008, 09:20 PM

That idea is just nuts.

Do you like the idea?? We have BJ here in town, What's to say he is not on the phone to Fitz and asking him to come aboard. It's been pretty quiet here and getting a Pro-bowl WR and friend to run complimentary routes is not unreasonable. They know eachother and each have a reason to move on.

AZ cannot pay Fitz and we could not realistically keep him a Lee happy but we could keep Fitz and BJ happy real easy. We would also have a much better WR corp, isn't that we want?

YardRat
03-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Who would the second 'great' receiver be? I must have missed something.

Mitchy moo
03-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Who would the second 'great' receiver be? I must have missed something.

BJ is better than any current 2nd option we hold now, Fitz is better than lee = Improvement in WR core.

YardRat
03-07-2008, 09:33 PM
BJ is better than any current 2nd option we hold now, Fitz is better than lee = Improvement in WR core.

Granted, but better than Reed or Parrish doesn't make him 'great'. It makes him 'serviceable'.

VeggieMan14
03-07-2008, 09:35 PM
alright here is the plan trade picks fro fitz and trade the rest of our WRs for roy williams. thus we have fitz on the right evans on the left roy in the slot. sound good?

Mitchy moo
03-07-2008, 09:38 PM
alright here is the plan trade picks fro fitz and trade the rest of our WRs for roy williams. thus we have fitz on the right evans on the left roy in the slot. sound good?

I would love that but I think the price is going to be real high for that.

Mitchy moo
03-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Granted, but better than Reed or Parrish doesn't make him 'great'. It makes him 'serviceable'.

Fitz makes everyone better around him.

VeggieMan14
03-07-2008, 09:41 PM
I would love that but I think the price is going to be real high for that. lol i kno i was jokin

Mr. Pink
03-07-2008, 09:48 PM
Now Bryant Johnson is great again? :rofl:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=147728

What happened?

VeggieMan14
03-07-2008, 09:50 PM

What happened? ummm if you look at that post again i think you will change your mind

Mitchy moo
03-07-2008, 09:51 PM

What happened?

I think he would perform better with a team mate he is experienced with already. They have been running around and practicing together for years and know each other, completely different scenario.

OpIv37
03-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Do you like the idea?? We have BJ here in town, What's to say he is not on the phone to Fitz and asking him to come aboard. It's been pretty quiet here and getting a Pro-bowl WR and friend to run complimentary routes is not unreasonable. They know eachother and each have a reason to move on.

AZ cannot pay Fitz and we could not realistically keep him a Lee happy but we could keep Fitz and BJ happy real easy. We would also have a much better WR corp, isn't that we want?

Arizona can't pay Fitz. We can't pay Lee. Why would that change if you swapped the team names?

Mitchy moo
03-07-2008, 09:53 PM
ummm if you look at that post again i think you will change your mind

He doesn't read things, he just wants to come on all of my threads and try to knock things to make himself feel better. If he actuallly bothered to read the whole thing thread, he would see the final results based on that scenario.

Mitchy moo
03-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Arizona can't pay Fitz. We can't pay Lee. Why would that change if you swapped the team names?

Who would BJ play better next to, Lee or Fitz?? We could pay Fitz or Lee but most likely not both at the same time. Fitz and BJ, no problem. Either way a long-term deal around $10 M is going to be necessary, I'd rather have Fitz.

VeggieMan14
03-07-2008, 09:57 PM
He doesn't read things, he just wants to come on all of my threads and try to knock things to make himself feel better. If he actuallly bothered to read the whole thing thread, he would see the final results based on that scenario. he isnt very good at backing his thots i see

OpIv37
03-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Who would BJ play better next to, Lee or Fitz?? We could pay Fitz or Lee but most likely not both at the same time. Fitz and BJ, no problem. Either way a long-term deal around $10 M is going to be necessary, I'd rather have Fitz.

the one thing I like about the idea is that I suspect Lee is disgruntled- he saw how this org treated Moulds and he doesn't want the same thing to happen to him, so I have a feeling we're going to lose him anyway. Trading him for Fitz would be a good swap.

But the truth is that it all comes back to Edwards. We could get Moss and Owens but if Edwards doesn't improve we'll still be in the bottom 3rd of the league offensively.

VeggieMan14
03-07-2008, 10:02 PM
the one thing I like about the idea is that I suspect Lee is disgruntled- he saw how this org treated Moulds and he doesn't want the same thing to happen to him, so I have a feeling we're going to lose him anyway. Trading him for Fitz would be a good swap.

But the truth is that it all comes back to Edwards. We could get Moss and Owens but if Edwards doesn't improve we'll still be in the bottom 3rd of the league offensively. with moss and owens marques tuiasaposaohpusgaag could win MVP

Mitchy moo
03-07-2008, 10:05 PM

But the truth is that it all comes back to Edwards. We could get Moss and Owens but if Edwards doesn't improve we'll still be in the bottom 3rd of the league offensively.

That goes without saying but everything being equal, I'll take Fitz and BJ over what we have. It's about improving our team all the time.

I also must say that Lee choosing a side in a management decision against his friend needed to be kept to himself and not the press. You do not throw stones in a glass house or Crap where you eat. That is the first time I seen lee pull something like that and I think he is a bit peeved about it.

VeggieMan14
03-07-2008, 10:12 PM
That goes without saying but everything being equal, I'll take Fitz and BJ over what we have. It's about improving our team all the time.

I also must say that Lee choosing a side in a management decision against his friend needed to be kept to himself and not the press. You do not throw stones in a glass house or Crap where you eat. That is the first time I seen lee pull something like that and I think he is a bit peeved about it. i agree certain things should be thought not heard

Mitchy moo
03-07-2008, 10:21 PM
Fingers crossed on this happening........

VeggieMan14
03-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Fingers crossed on this happening........ i think most of us are

Mr. Pink
03-07-2008, 10:23 PM
16 million to one player and you think it's a good deal?

Wow. That's all I have to say.

VeggieMan14
03-07-2008, 10:25 PM

Wow. That's all I have to say. only the best up and coming WR in the game at the age of what 26 or 24 id say it is

Mitchy moo
03-07-2008, 10:26 PM

Wow. That's all I have to say.

He will end up with alot down and averaging a $10 M a year salary. Anymore than that is silly and he cannot possibly expect to get that, not a chance. The whole team / fan base is looking at him as a problem, I have a solution. Ship him here and we'll make him a rich star and give them back a #1 in Lee, send them JP as a sweetened package.

Mitchy moo
03-07-2008, 10:26 PM
only the best up and coming WR in the game at the age of what 26 or 24 id say it is

He'll turn 25 later this year...

VeggieMan14
03-07-2008, 10:29 PM
He'll turn 25 later this year... in between my two numbers close enough

Mr. Pink
03-07-2008, 10:31 PM
only the best up and coming WR in the game at the age of what 26 or 24 id say it is

Signing anyone to a 16 million dollar deal is ******ed and bad business. And you wonder why AZ wants to trade him? There's no way in hell anyone is gonna take him on with that contract. Plus, just imagine how much he is going to want when this contract is done. 20 per year? 30 guaranteed?

I can name 4 young, up and coming receivers in the league with as much talent as Fitz. Braylon Edwards, Roddy White, Colston, Brandon Marshall. The 4 of them combined probably don't make 16 a year.

Mr. Pink
03-07-2008, 10:32 PM
He will end up with alot down and averaging a $10 M a year salary. Anymore than that is silly and he cannot possibly expect to get that, not a chance. The whole team / fan base is looking at him as a problem, I have a solution. Ship him here and we'll make him a rich star and give them back a #1 in Lee, send them JP as a sweetened package.

Any team that potentially wants to trade for him is going to want to restructure his contract contigent on the trade. Why would he agree to restructuring?

Mitchy moo
03-07-2008, 10:36 PM
Any team that potentially wants to trade for him is going to want to restructure his contract contigent on the trade. Why would he agree to restructuring?

If he gets $30 M in guarantees / $22 Million signing bonus, he'll restructure.