I feel that the changes in the Bills D tilts the field a minimum of 10 yards...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

I feel that the changes in the Bills D tilts the field a minimum of 10 yards...

On average I feel that the Bills will not allow those extra yards that Killed us last season, an extra 10 or so yards per game. I know at this point it may seem difficult but looking at what we allowed versus our improvements we should be looking at average starting position of ~10 yards per possession, which is huge.

Think about how many games would of changed in our favor had we had the ability to stop the run and force teams to do things they didn't want to do. How about the ability to consistently let the Bills pressure the QB to making a throw a few seconds less than they have against us. I think we are there for getting a better push and eliminating them assuming their ability to run

When the Bills we're at their best, we seen the D coming out as a good thing, I cannot say that for the last decade plus. GO BILLS!!
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: I feel that the changes in the Bills D tilts the field a minimum of 10 yards...

So Lindell's average field goal should be 25 yards this year instead of 35?
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

Re: I feel that the changes in the Bills D tilts the field a minimum of 10 yards...

Originally posted by YardRat
      So Lindell's average field goal should be 25 yards this year instead of 35?
      5 yards on both sides of the ball.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Skooby
        5 yards on both sides of the ball.
        What improvements have we made on offense to account for their five yards?
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• VeggieMan14
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by YardRat
          What improvements have we made on offense to account for their five yards?
          that is what we shall solve in the draft. i see us taking DRC with our first pick and then totally offense from there
          I feel a win streak coming and a Bills Playoff Run!!!

VeggieMan- To many Concussions as a kid

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

On average I feel that the Bills will not allow those extra yards that Killed us last season, an extra 10 or so yards per game. I know at this point it may seem difficult but looking at what we allowed versus our improvements we should be looking at average starting position of ~10 yards per possession, which is huge.

Think about how many games would of changed in our favor had we had the ability to stop the run and force teams to do things they didn't want to do. How about the ability to consistently let the Bills pressure the QB to making a throw a few seconds less than they have against us. I think we are there for getting a better push and eliminating them assuming their ability to run

When the Bills we're at their best, we seen the D coming out as a good thing, I cannot say that for the last decade plus. GO BILLS!!
            I dont want 10 yards, I want no more than 2 yards per play.

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

if the changes on defense can stop just 10 3rd down conversions all year, think of all the critical stops that we didn't get latet in the 3rd and 4th that could of won us some games. i'm cautiously optimistic that we did the right thing. if we follow up with a great draft, then this is going to be a fun year.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                Defies all logic
                • Oct 2006

Man Mitchell is freaking jacked. I was just lookin at Skoob's sig. Hopefully he can help Poz bulk up a little, haha.

Comment

• bflojohn
                  • Aug 2005

Man, it is 3rd down and a mile to go against Denver, week one where everything you needed to know about the Bills defense showed up! The film didn't lie to Dick Jauron and Perry Fewell after the season! If they had stopped more 3rd and longs instead of allowing the conversion, they might have finished 9-7 or 10-6.... That problem is well on its way to being alleviated, IMO!
                  Note: and that was with a crappy offense!

Comment

• blackonyx89
                    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
                    I dont want 10 yards, I want no more than 2 yards per play.
                    The Clinton/Obama "avatar" is awesome and funny!!! Where did you get it?

Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by blackonyx89
                      The Clinton/Obama "avatar" is awesome and funny!!!

Unlimited power,lol.

Comment

• blackonyx89
                        HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
                        • Mar 2005

Unlimited power,lol.
                        Absolute power corrupts absolutely. I think that's how the saying goes.

Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X