PDA

View Full Version : GM

scott51
03-09-2008, 11:28 AM
I am sorry, I have been in a dark hole under a rock apparently! Who in the world is our GM? I never heard an announcement or anything. Sorry I know its probably old news but couldn't find out anywhere and figured could get answers here!

OpIv37
03-09-2008, 11:45 AM
Officially, we don't have one.

We have Russ Brandon as COO, Jim Overdorf as VP of football administration, John Guy as VP of Pro Personnel and Tom Modrak as VP of college scouting.

They make decisions as a group with input from Jauron.

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/office.jsp

trapezeus
03-09-2008, 11:57 AM
it's an ok system until jauron gets the can. not saying he should, just saying if this year is a disaster, and we hire a young guy or a second r ate coach, they not only get input on coaching decisions and personnel decisions.

However, that's a post that we can potentially talk about next year's offseason.

OpIv37
03-09-2008, 08:06 PM
it's an ok system until jauron gets the can. not saying he should, just saying if this year is a disaster, and we hire a young guy or a second r ate coach, they not only get input on coaching decisions and personnel decisions.

However, that's a post that we can potentially talk about next year's offseason.

You trust Jauron's personnel decisions? based on what? His 1 great year and 4 mediocre years in Chicago, or his 2 mediocre years here?

trapezeus
03-10-2008, 08:39 AM
it's blind faith that i'm giving him. Obviously he's got the locker room's ear. They like him and respect him. his week to week coaching seems to be sound. we all agreed he got more out of last year team than we could possibly expect.

His in game coaching is less than to be desired (late game decisions, keeping jackson on the bench for A train), but he's put in his system and should have some say.

From what it sounds like, Marv and him made a lot of personnel decisions in tandem last year. i'll give him the pass.

hydro
03-10-2008, 08:45 AM
I understand why people are not high on Jauron to a point but for once I would like to just give a coach a few years to get the personel that he wants while getting them all on the same page. Yes I know we have gone to the playoffs in 8 years but is that all Jaurons fault?

The team is going in what seems to be a good direction and unless we have a below .500 year again I don't see why Jauron can't be our coach going further into the future.