PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Marv Got Us Into this WR Mess

PECKERWOOD
03-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Forked from: Marv Got Us Into this WR Mess (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2365713)

Fowler is not solid.

Fowler is the reason why on goal line we can't run right up the middle with him. Or on 3rd and short we're throwing because the line is getting dominated at the line. There's a reason why our 3rd down conversion rate was so bad, and most of it had to do with our run blocking. Go back, watch Fowler in the games. You'll see he is the guy that usually get blown up off the line, and the one being knocked on his ass while Lynch is brought down behind the line.

Hell! There's even a few times when Fowler gets backed up INTO Lynch!

That's not acceptable, I'm sorry. But Fowler I'll give the benefit of the doubt, we got most of the line solidified and it's a lot better than it was before and better than a good amount of lines but will it get us a championship? No. Honestly, we need someone better up the middle who will be a good run blocker because if we want to win championships (sometimes Bills fans lose site of that goal) we need someone better at center. And I'm sure we could find a capable rookie that could come in and compete and at some point replace Fowler. But again, these are things that Marv could have addressed in the draft. But it's hard to rebuild a team when you do mediocre in the draft and FA in the same year. I place that blame at the foot of Ralph Wilson for getting a 2 year trial GM in here that knew what needed to be done, and tried.

What I'm trying to say is, this is year 3 of rebuilding and really this is the year where all the culmination of the past few years proves whether the rebuilding worked or not.

Admit it, if we don't make the playoffs this year, the whole rebuilding process was a failure. I mean, how many years do you want to wait for success to be realized? Who knows if Jauron will be around if he fails again? I know plenty of fans won't be happy with him and Ralph will have to do something.

Please answer both questions, once.

I went yes and yes.

If the majority of people disagree with my view point, then I'll rest my case. Plus, I'm just curious what the consensus is like around here about Fowler.

P.S. My definition of solid is an average football player or better.

Mr. Pink
03-09-2008, 06:11 PM
You're on a Bills site and Marv is God...do you really think you're going to get an honest response without bias on this one?

McGahee ran better when Teague was here...and then turned into a dancing fool when Fowler was. Now in Baltimore he makes the pro-bowl. And Lynch doesn't put up stats that are any different than what McGahee did.

You do the math on if he's better or not.

raphael120
03-09-2008, 06:21 PM
This question reminds me of the one South Park where you got to chose between a Turd Sandwhich or a Giant Douche.

Please state why you think Melvin Fowler is solid? Did you WATCH any of the games? If i had time and really gave a damn I could youtube and put together a 5 minute compilation of Melvin Fowler being knocked on his ass 50 times to the music "Like a Chump"

Philagape
03-09-2008, 06:28 PM
Being better than Teague is probably the least impressive distinction in all of football. That's an upgrade from an F to a D. Certainly not worth its own thread.

YardRat
03-09-2008, 07:39 PM
No-Yes.

Too weak at the point of attack, marginally better pass protector than Teague.

gr8slayer
03-09-2008, 08:56 PM
I don't think he's really all that big of an upgrade over Teague but seriously, who the hell cares about Melvin Fowler? We must remember that at the time it was a good signing, he stepped in for Birk in Minnesota and did very well. People act like we broke the bank or something, he can easily be replaced.