• Show
Clear All
  • BLeonard
    BoB Sabermetrician
    • Jan 2003

Bryant Johnson to visit Redskins

Redskins | Team expected to meet with B. Johnson
    Sun, 9 Mar 2008 17:18:57 -0700

Chrissy Mauck, of SF49ers.com, reports the Washington Redskins are expected to meet with unrestricted free-agent WR Bryant Johnson (Cardinals).

Win your fantasy football league with The Huddle's award-winning fantasy football cheat sheets, rankings, sleepers and insider tools.

Good. He waited a week for them to get ahold of him, he can go there, as far as I'm concerned. He either wants to be there more, or is dragging everything out to try to get more money. I understand if the interest is there, but it took the Skins a week to acknowledge his existence. Then again, why would the 49ers writer be the one to know? Maybe her and Johnson's agent are trying to make it look like there's interest.

-Bill
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Bryant Johnson to visit Redskins

Originally posted by BLeonard
    Redskins | Team expected to meet with B. Johnson
    Sun, 9 Mar 2008 17:18:57 -0700

Chrissy Mauck, of SF49ers.com, reports the Washington Redskins are expected to meet with unrestricted free-agent WR Bryant Johnson (Cardinals).

Win your fantasy football league with The Huddle's award-winning fantasy football cheat sheets, rankings, sleepers and insider tools.

Good. He waited a week for them to get ahold of him, he can go there, as far as I'm concerned. He either wants to be there more, or is dragging everything out to try to get more money. I understand if the interest is there, but it took the Skins a week to acknowledge his existence. Then again, why would the 49ers writer be the one to know? Maybe her and Johnson's agent are trying to make it look like there's interest.

-Bill
    Chrissy should probably go back and read the news that came directly from the Redskins.... THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED IN HIM!

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
      • Oct 2002

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
      Chrissy should probably go back and read the news that came directly from the Redskins.... THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED IN HIM!
      Redskins NOT interested in someone?? Can that happen??

Comment

• X-Era
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BADTHINGSMAN
        Redskins NOT interested in someone?? Can that happen??
        Quick search on my posts and you will find the link to their official site saying as much.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

I didn't find anything on 49ers.com either.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
            Defies all logic
            • Oct 2006

Honestly, I'm growing impatient with Bryant. The Bills have showed interest in him from the start, yet he wants to wait forever and a day for the Redskins to take a look at him for whatever reason. If he doesn't want to be here, then I don't want him here. If we do sign this guy, I will have a hard time rooting for him as an individual.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

**** bryant.

i wish someone else would sign him so we can go after hackett.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• mikemac2001
                is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                Honestly, I'm growing impatient with Bryant. The Bills have showed interest in him from the start, yet he wants to wait forever and a day for the Redskins to take a look at him for whatever reason. If he doesn't want to be here, then I don't want him here. If we do sign this guy, I will have a hard time rooting for him as an individual.

It doesnt mean he doesnt want to be here....maybe we are not offering alot

MUCK
                FIAMI

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                  I think we need to be careful here.

"he wants to wait forever"... link? I havent seen any comment from him or his agent since he was here. It could be that the Bills are the ones waiting. We just dont know.

Seriously, just because he hasnt signed doesnt mean he wont. Nor does it, necessarily, mean that he didnt like Buffalo that much or that we didnt like him. It could easily be that his agent was going for big money that we wouldnt pay. I say his agent because sometimes the player doesnt even get involved until the end when they get an official offer. It happens.

Id like us to sign him, I will root for him, but if we dont, theres plenty of talent in the draft.

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                    • Oct 2002

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
                    Quick search on my posts and you will find the link to their official site saying as much.
                    I know, but usually the Redskins are interested in everyone, so im shocked that they actually said they are NOT interested in someone..

Comment

• jpdex12
                      • Jan 2005

Why hasn't this thread been moved to SPAM yet? I haven't seen it confirmed in any other reports?
                      Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                        Roways rooking ahread!
                        • Sep 2005

Is there a possibility that we are trying to structure a new deal for Lee first out of respect for him?

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by jpdex12
                          Why hasn't this thread been moved to SPAM yet? I haven't seen it confirmed in any other reports?
                          Kffl confirmed it.. It wasnt from a site where a poster said he heard it on the radio..

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                            Roways rooking ahread!
                            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by BADTHINGSMAN
                            Kffl confirmed it.. It wasnt from a site where a poster said he heard it on the radio..
                            I heard that BJ signed with the Bills on the radio, twice now.

Comment

• ddaryl
                              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                              • Jan 2005

I think its obvious that Bryant would play here but he would rather get an offer from another team.

He's is looking for a bigger payday etc.... I'm moving on

besides I think Kelly or Sweed would be a better option longterm... We can sign another FA WR that would help us but also fit finacially into a #3 or #4 roll if and when we draft a WR and that WR is ready for the #2 spot.

This is how I figured BJ was handled. The bills are offering a salary that can fit into the #3 WR spot. BJ will be an option at #2 while the Bills groom their newly drafted WR for the eventual #2 spot.

Comment

Working...
                              X