PDA

View Full Version : If Lee's contract is the holdup, then....

yordad
03-09-2008, 11:03 PM
Why didn't they get it done sooner? Why wait until FA starts to negotiate with Lee?

Mitchy moo
03-09-2008, 11:05 PM
Why didn't they get it done sooner? Why wait until FA starts to negotiate with Lee?

Maybe Lee wanted to see what the current market was for 1st WR?

bills&sabresmvf
03-09-2008, 11:16 PM
what are you talking about? He's not a free agent until next season. That is, if They're waiting to sign a WR until they can figure out what Lee Evans future is here, then I gotcha.

LtFinFan66
03-09-2008, 11:32 PM
That's nothing but speculation by folks on here right?? Or was it printed somewhere?

Michael82
03-10-2008, 12:59 AM
That's nothing but speculation by folks on here right?? Or was it printed somewhere?
Chris Brown has hinted towards it...

TacklingDummy
03-10-2008, 08:12 AM

Maybe Lee doesn't want to play here his whole career.

ddaryl
03-10-2008, 08:20 AM
I think Lee is a BIll at heart... but he wants to see his due payday... and because other ;lesser WR just broke the bank the negotiations got trickier.

if the Bills don't reach an agreement before the draft, then I believe Lee is a franchise and trade candidate in 2009.... Which would suck if we have him paired next too Kelly or Sweed. that's my dream WR team which would be a massive problem for opposing teams for years.

Mr. Miyagi
03-10-2008, 08:22 AM
I say just pay the damn guy.

Saratoga Slim
03-10-2008, 09:31 AM
Maybe Lee wanted to see what the current market was for 1st WR?

Good point Skoob. Lee had little incentive to sign anything before seeing what guys like Moss and Walker and Berrian got on the open market. We've even heard hints that he wants to wait until training camp or later before inking, so that he can get a better idea of whether Schoenert's twists on the offense and Trent's play are going to help him be as productive as he should be. So bottom line......Im not at all surprised it hasn't happened yet, and I'll be pleasantly surprised if we are able to extend him now. But I sure hope they're trying!

acehole
03-10-2008, 10:03 AM

They have no intention of resigning L Evans.

Michael82
03-10-2008, 01:50 PM
They have no intention of resigning L Evans.
Sorry, but I totally disagree. I believe that they are working on a deal right now and trying to get him extended long term. I just hope the feeling is mutual... :pray: