PDA

View Full Version : Is it realistic of the Bills get Malcolm Kelly?

blackonyx89
03-10-2008, 08:28 AM
I hope they can get MK if not, the logical selection would be Limas Sweed? Do we honestly have a shot and not be upstaged by another team grabbing Malcolm?

Mr. Miyagi
03-10-2008, 08:33 AM
I think if we stay at #11, both of them will be there.

After the first round they will be gone.

ddaryl
03-10-2008, 08:36 AM
Depends on how teams have players ranked....

it seems ot me that OT, DT, DE's are dominating the top 10 with a QB RB and CB sprinkled in

many have Sweed rated higher then Kelly so I would say hell yes there is a good shot that kelly would be there at #11...

But then if then Bills want a tall WR how do you pass up on the 6' 6" 4.48 speed Hardy. the Bills could trade down and take Hardy in the latter part of the 1st rd and add some more picks in the process.

venis2k1
03-10-2008, 09:10 AM
But then if then Bills want a tall WR how do you pass up on the 6' 6" 4.48 speed Hardy. the Bills could trade down and take Hardy in the latter part of the 1st rd and add some more picks in the process.

:afro: word :afro:

bigbub2352
03-10-2008, 09:33 AM
I think the plan should be, WR at 11 and TE in rd 2, my dream draft would be Sweed at 11 and Davis in rd 2, the way i think it will go down, and wouldnt be pissed at all is Kelly at 11, and Bennett in the 2nd rd

Tatonka
03-10-2008, 10:13 AM
has kelly even run yet? he didnt run at the combine. if he puts up a 4.6, he very well could be there in round 2.

Mahdi
03-10-2008, 10:39 AM
At 11 we should have first pick of all the WRs.

Ron Burgundy
03-10-2008, 10:42 AM
I doubt we go with James Hardy, 'cause he beat his girlfriend. Guy's got all the tools, though, 'cept for the occasional drop.

Nighthawk
03-10-2008, 10:59 AM
Why is everybody so enamored with Kelly? Sweed is better WR...period.

Mitchy moo
03-10-2008, 11:11 AM
I doubt we go with James Hardy, 'cause he beat his girlfriend. Guy's got all the tools, though, 'cept for the occasional drop.

Character flaws

PECKERWOOD
03-10-2008, 11:16 AM
No, I want Limas Sweed with the 11th pick.

DraftBoy
03-10-2008, 11:20 AM
If we sign a FA WR neither are realistic option

Buffalogic
03-10-2008, 11:26 AM
So true. I really want Sweed at 11.

The Answer
03-10-2008, 11:35 AM

Both are overrated - we definitely need to stay away from Sweed though. The Answer has scouted him thorougly and has him graded as a 3rd round prospect.

~The Answer

Buffalogic
03-10-2008, 11:36 AM
Both are overrated - we definitely need to stay away from Sweed though. The Answer has scouted him thorougly and has him graded as a 3rd round prospect.

~The Answer

:rofl:

bigbub2352
03-10-2008, 11:38 AM

~The Answer

3rd round huh, i have to disagree, he isnt hurt he is a top 10 pick, especially after his combine performance, his wrist heels he has the most talent of any WR in the draft, and he has great charachter on and off the feild from all i read and seen

Kelly has graded high as well, gotta see what he does at his proday

justasportsfan
03-10-2008, 12:02 PM

~The Answer

Now I want to trade up with the fins and grab Sweed.

Oaf
03-10-2008, 06:02 PM

~The Answer
:rofl: Just love the 3rd person quotes from him. He has been right about a few of his targets in the past though I think.

Gholston at 11, or just go with Sweed baby.

Tatonka
03-10-2008, 06:05 PM
so has kelly actually run yet??

VeggieMan14
03-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Jerome Simpson in round 3 or 4 Coastal Carolina

jimbohastle51
03-10-2008, 06:20 PM
kelly will be there but it will be interesting to see if any players fall to the bills. there will be some CBs at 11 that will be hard to pass up. kelly is a great reciever but in past 3 years drafts he wouldnt be a 11 overall pick. not too mention the bills could try to trade down and snag a TE, that kid out of usc anywhere in the 20's would make sense.

X-Era
03-10-2008, 06:24 PM
I hope they can get MK if not, the logical selection would be Limas Sweed? Do we honestly have a shot and not be upstaged by another team grabbing Malcolm?

Right now, yes.

On draft day? Maybe.

I think it really depends on how it all falls into place. What can happen is that teams may "reach" on a player because the guy they really wanted didnt drop.

Right now I think theres 5 players that are vritual locks as top 5 picks:

Glenn Dorsey
Sedrick Ellis
Chris Long
Vernon Gholston
Jake Long

I dont see him going top 5, and after that you have another 5 picks till us, your looking at the following teams:

NYJ- Could they use a WR? McCareins is gone. Coles and Cotchery... Possibility?
NE- Signed Randy, still have Wes Welker, i dont see them doing it
Bal- Mason, Williams, Mark Clayton... possible but unlikely with so much youth and Demetrius Williams, I dont see it
Cinnci- Housh and Chad Johnson... nuff said.
NO- Colston, Meachem, Devery Henderson.. see Baltimore.

If he slips past 5, and Im pretty sure he will, we have a slight worry in NYJ who is probably thinking defense, and hes ours.

X-Era
03-10-2008, 06:26 PM
kelly will be there but it will be interesting to see if any players fall to the bills. there will be some CBs at 11 that will be hard to pass up. kelly is a great reciever but in past 3 years drafts he wouldnt be a 11 overall pick. not too mention the bills could try to trade down and snag a TE, that kid out of usc anywhere in the 20's would make sense.

DRC is a riser that is even being talked about AHEAD of Buffalo. If hes there it will be awfully tempting.

I just think we have to add playmakers like the Bills said. I think they are gonna get it done in the draft.

DraftBoy
03-10-2008, 06:36 PM
so has kelly actually run yet??

Since nobody else has answered your question I will. Malcolm Kelly has posted no official time as of yet. However NFLDraftScout.com has him listed at a 4.54 40 which I think is gotten from OU's media guide and we all know how accurate those are. As for when he will run, that will be at his Pro Day which is currently scheduled for tomorrow March 11th. We have a Pro Day thread currently in the Scouting Zone, which includes a schedule for the dates of these pro days, links to any news on the pro days themselves and a site which is tracking the best results. I hope to have some news on OU pro day in that thread by tomorrow afternoon, here is the link to the thread as of now;

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=147902