PDA

View Full Version : Email from Chris Brown

Tatonka
03-10-2008, 10:28 AM
I will start off by saying that I think Chris Brown does a good job of giving us a direct pipeline into what is going on with the Bills. People cry about him being a puppet and hate on him all the time, but I just dont get it. Obviously he works for the Bills, so clearly there are some restrictions, but I still think that a lot of the information he provides is much better and much faster than any other source out there.

here was his response.. the question is below as well -

Yes, I am restricted from reporting on contract negotiations. I was prohibited from even reporting if Stroud was in the building because it was a trade situation not a free agent visit. Us here at the website have tried to the fight the good fight on your behalf, but we've only made incremental progress. We hope to be able to bring you more in the future, but right now we are under restrictions. Trust me when I tell you we're as frustrated as you are.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Wed 3/5/2008 4:31 PM
To: AskChris
Subject: do the Bills keep you from letting too much out?

Hi Chris, we have spoken several times before via email, but I just wanted to ask you something that I have always wondered.

Do the Bills impose certain restrictions on what you can and can not reveal? Or do you have to get approval on your blogs and article?

venis2k1
03-10-2008, 10:32 AM
Think Ralph OK'ed that E-mail?

Mitchy moo
03-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Think Ralph OK'ed that E-mail?

We are RW's clients, we have a right to know.

raphael120
03-10-2008, 10:45 AM
Ralph OK's Chris Browns ability to keep breathing. Ralph knows all.

PromoTheRobot
03-10-2008, 10:53 AM
We are RW's clients, we have a right to know.
Even if it queers a deal? Think about it.

PTR

Mitchy moo
03-10-2008, 10:59 AM

PTR

It's fairly obvious that we are the primary suitor for BJ. There are no other teams calling him and his agent played his cards. Extend Lee and sign BJ in that order.

Hamilton Billsfan
03-10-2008, 10:59 AM
After the rumors of the TD draft fiascoes, somebody better be implementing information restrictions on the Bills!
I'd rather wait a few extra hours to learn that we signed someone important than learn later that someone opened their big mouth and have that player end up somewhere else.

HAMMER
03-10-2008, 11:01 AM
It's fairly obvious that we are the primary suitor for BJ. There are no other teams calling him and his agent played his cards. Extend Led and sign BJ in that order.

There is a reason no one has signed BJ yet.

The Spaz
03-10-2008, 11:04 AM
If Chris Brown reports we signed Bryant Johnson at least we'll know it's true and over with.

Saratoga Slim
03-10-2008, 01:44 PM

PTR

Yes, we have no legal right to know anything about what happens at OBD. If the Bills were a publicly traded corporation, it would be a different story to some degree, but only with respect to financials etc.--not to the particulars of contract negotiations with an employee. that's not info that even a publicly traded company's shareholders are generally privvy to.

And Promo's right: the Bills have every reason to control their release of info to the press and public while they're in the process of negotiating a deal. Why risk screwing up a deal?

Pride
03-10-2008, 03:15 PM
That is a form email sent to everyone who asks this. Someone posted this same email on this forum months ago.

Michael82
03-10-2008, 04:10 PM
That is a form email sent to everyone who asks this. Someone posted this same email on this forum months ago.
:rofl: That's kinda funny. It basically means that he's not even getting those emails to read. :doh:

Tatonka
03-10-2008, 06:07 PM
:rofl: That's kinda funny. It basically means that he's not even getting those emails to read. :doh:

actually, it wasnt.. i removed some of the stuff that was irrelivant to what i posted.

DynaPaul
03-10-2008, 06:08 PM
So basically he admits that he's useless during the off-season for information.

Crisis
03-10-2008, 06:10 PM
someone got the same email months ago, with the marcus stroud reference and all?

The Spaz
03-10-2008, 07:46 PM
So basically he admits that he's useless during the off-season for information.

He doesn't post false reports...

Michael82
03-10-2008, 11:53 PM
actually, it wasnt.. i removed some of the stuff that was irrelivant to what i posted.
oh, okay....