PDA

View Full Version : 30th ranked offense and we sign nobody?

The Answer
03-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Is anybody else disturbed by this?

Trent is a complete stud, but The Corpse and the rest of the puppets at OBD can't seriously believe he is going to carry this team on his shoulders this year?

Also if they are thinking we are going to address this in the draft and rely on rookies with no NFL experience to transform this unit into a juggernaut that's a Donahoesque type of gamble. Studards and Beastshawn Lynch came in as rookies and had an immediate impact, but for a WR/TE it takes a few years to develop.

Hopefully there is a blockbuster trade in the works....

~The Answer

Mitchy moo
03-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Our D has been ranked about the same as well for a few years now, address needs when you can, (which we did on D).

Jan Reimers
03-10-2008, 11:39 AM
We could really use D.J. Hackett and Ben Utecht at this point. We would still need a WR and TE in the draft, but signing these guys would give us some flexibility in our draft approach.

raphael120
03-10-2008, 11:44 AM
I've been thinkin the same damn thing, you aren't going to get back into respectability offensive-wise by bringing in a pair of rookies and expect too damn much.

PLUS Tuck Schonert in his first OC stint AND second year guys in Lynch and Edwards...and you expect them to be paired up with a rookie TE and WR? That's just too young, too inexperienced to get things done if you ask me.

raphael120
03-10-2008, 11:48 AM
Our D has been ranked about the same as well for a few years now, address needs when you can, (which we did on D).

This is now year 3 in addressing issues.

We're now addressing issues that we tried to address in '06. (DT, CB, S) Not to mention the positions that amounted to putting bubble gum on a leaking dam. No more Donahoe bull****, we're now trying to fix the current regimes mistakes.

Romes
03-10-2008, 11:48 AM
Its still a long time till September.

justasportsfan
03-10-2008, 11:49 AM
OMG! ! The sky is falling! The FO isn't doing squat. Time to panic !

Mitchy moo
03-10-2008, 11:53 AM
This is now year 3 in addressing issues.

We're now addressing issues that we tried to address in '06. (DT, CB, S) Not to mention the positions that amounted to putting bubble gum on a leaking dam. No more Donahoe bull****, we're now trying to fix the current regimes mistakes.

True.

SquishDaFish
03-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Im just as disturbed as I am with your posting oh wait no Im not that disturbed with the signings. ITS NOT OVER YET!

kernowboy
03-10-2008, 01:31 PM
No

There's is no point in splashing large amounts of money for marginal upgrades if they are upgrades at all.

With the increase in the cap, teams are playing ridiculous amounts for very average players.

That money would be better put to retaining our best players.

Fortunately this year, the draft at two of the positions are very deep. I can see us drafting a WR and TE, and maybe not before Day2.

Starting with Reed and Royal, these guys will be replaced by the rookies before 6 games have passed.

All we do by signing average players to ridiculous sums, is compel to team to play them, and all this does is impede the development of potentially far superior players from college.

mikemac2001
03-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Is anybody else disturbed by this?

Trent is a complete stud, but The Corpse and the rest of the puppets at OBD can't seriously believe he is going to carry this team on his shoulders this year?

Also if they are thinking we are going to address this in the draft and rely on rookies with no NFL experience to transform this unit into a juggernaut that's a Donahoesque type of gamble. Studards and Beastshawn Lynch came in as rookies and had an immediate impact, but for a WR/TE it takes a few years to develop.

Hopefully there is a blockbuster trade in the works....

~The Answer

I thought JP was the problem?

BuffaloRanger
03-10-2008, 03:36 PM
Bottom Line: I like the way they improved the defensive front 7, but that is no excuse for not improving their weak offense. Considering how bad the offense was last season - Edwards no TD passes in 5 games he started - I thought they would have made some moves by now. Yes the former OC was a complete moron, and I like what I hear from Turk, but he's still a rookie OC.

The key question is:
Would FAs like Johnson and Troupe been a big upgrade (for this season) over what the Bills have on the roster or could get in the draft? Yes and Yes.

I know the argument can be made "How good is Johnson if he hasn't been signed yet?" Well how many other teams need a #2 WR as bad as Buffalo? How many offenses were as bad as the Bills? Very few. Pay the man. Even overpay the man if you have to.

Face it, although it is still "early" in the offseason, the only remaining way left to improve this team is the draft. There aren't any July 1st cuts of consequence anymore - especially since every team is under the inflated salary cap. Don't kid yourself that some other team will be cutting a valuable veteran during training camp.

With glaring holes at TE, CB, and WR, signing a young WR and TE that each had 40 catch NFL seasons in the past would have gone a long way to improving the team.

Yes 2 of those 3 holes can be filled in the draft - with rookies. Maybe they'll really shine in a couple years. But by then we'll have other holes to fill in order to finally make the playoffs.

The Bills haven't done enough to catch the Pats this offseason. If the Bills split with the fins and jets this year - a definite possibility, what would be the chances of going better then 8-8?

justasportsfan
03-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Bottom Line: I like the way they improved the defensive front 7, but that is no excuse for not improving their weak offense. Considering how bad the offense was last season - Edwards no TD passes in 5 games he started - I thought they would have made some moves by now. Yes the former OC was a complete moron, and I like what I hear from Turk, but he's still a rookie OC.

The key question is:
Would FAs like Johnson and Troupe been a big upgrade (for this season) over what the Bills have on the roster or could get in the draft? Yes and Yes.

I know the argument can be made "How good is Johnson if he hasn't been signed yet?" Well how many other teams need a #2 WR as bad as Buffalo? How many offenses were as bad as the Bills? Very few. Pay the man. Even overpay the man if you have to.

Face it, although it is still "early" in the offseason, the only remaining way left to improve this team is the draft. There aren't any July 1st cuts of consequence anymore - especially since every team is under the inflated salary cap. Don't kid yourself that some other team will be cutting a valuable veteran during training camp.

With glaring holes at TE, CB, and WR, signing a young WR and TE that each had 40 catch NFL seasons in the past would have gone a long way to improving the team.

Yes 2 of those 3 holes can be filled in the draft - with rookies. Maybe they'll really shine in a couple years. But by then we'll have other holes to fill in order to finally make the playoffs.

The Bills haven't done enough to catch the Pats this offseason. If the Bills split with the fins and jets this year - a definite possibility, what would be the chances of going better then 8-8?If the bills were very high on him, Johnson would be a bill now. I think somethins cookin at OBD and my guess goes along with those who think it';s on hold until Evans is extended.

Meathead
03-10-2008, 03:51 PM
we all know why they havent signed anybody for the offense