• Show
Clear All
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

NHL working on Yankee Stadium game

Rangers reportedly eyed for Yankee Stadium game

ESPN.com news services

Yankee Stadium has been the setting for scores of World Series games, but what are the odds that a Winter Classic follows a Fall Classic in The House That Ruth Built?

Only time will tell if the Yankees play in October, but there seems to be a decent chance that a puck will drop at the stadium next winter.

The NHL and the Yankees are continuing their work toward a deal that would call for the Rangers to play host to a 2008-09 regular-season game before Yankee Stadium is shuttered for good, the New York Daily News reported in Monday's editions.

The NHL and the Yankees are continuing their work toward a deal that would call for the Rangers to play host to a 2008-09 regular-season game before Yankee Stadium is shuttered for good, the New York Daily News reported in Monday's editions.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion
  • RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Re: NHL working on Yankee Stadium game

I was just going to post this.

I like the Winter Classic.

I don't know how much I'll be interested in other ones though. I have a feeling I was so into this one because it was my team and my city playing.

D & S Sports

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

I like this idea a lot.

Comment

• chubluv
        BillsZone bowling team MVP
        • Jan 2003

Its a novelty not an every year thing.

We are in 5th place
        Clump is on the IR
        Chubluv average is 167
        Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
        Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

• JD
          Sabres Zone
          • Sep 2003

I would goto this just because its in Yankee Stadium. If it was at some place in Michigan for the Wings, I wouldnt give two ****s.
          “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• RockStar36
            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
            • Sep 2004

Wow. Every single sports writer I've heard comment on this hates the idea. Something about the final game in Yankee stadium shouldn't be a hockey game.

D & S Sports

Comment

Working...
            X