• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Zone Exclusive: Scripted Sports

Our good friends at Scripted Sports have sent us this gem of a mock letter from Ralph Wilson to all NFL affiliates who may need a QB.

Scripted Sports takes everyday sports headlines and adds their own humorous spin to them. We received this contact from one of favorite writers Kevin Shenoy.

Thanks for this Kevin and thanks to Patrick Irving from Scripted Sports for thinking about us.

Enjoy the read:

This is an exciting time for all NFL teams because they know that the one missing piece of their puzzle is just a trade or free agent signing away. But beware! Any time there are prospectors panning for gold, there are opportunists looking to exploit their optimism (or greed).

At the very least, club officials should be wary of basic e-mail phishing scams like this…

SUBJECT: ATTENTION! COLLECT MILLIONS IN REWARD MONEY!!!

Date: March 7, 2008
    To: chucky@tbbucs.com; blankman@atlfal.com; ziggy@minnyvike.com; tuna@midolph.com; herm@kacychief.com

ATTN: Sir or Madam

I am Mr. Ralph Wilson, a very famous businessman aged eighty-nine (89). My reputation for honesty is known all over far-off exotic places like Lackawanna and Cheektowaga, so you can be sure this e-mail is not a scam.

Full letter
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Zone Exclusive: Scripted Sports

They didnt mention that he comes with magic beans.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Nice!

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

They should take a lesson from "The Onion" on how to be funny.

Good find though!

Comment

Working...
        X