PDA

View Full Version : Any chance for a QB run in the 1st round?

Earthquake Enyart
04-11-2003, 12:07 PM
Say Marvin Lewis falls in love with Leftwich and picks him at #1.

The Bears are more interested in Palmer than Leftwich, and would take Palmer at 4 (they would pass on Leftwich there)

Arizona would take Boller

Baltimore would take Grossman

Green Bay panics and moves up to get Simms / Ragone

leaving all kinds of guys sliding down to us. Any chance of this?

TypicalBill
04-11-2003, 12:21 PM
anythings possible but highly doubtful....the only QB's that should get chosen in the first are Palmer, Leftwich and Boller. Nontheless, if this happens, an impact player could slip to our pick. Who knows.

Dozerdog
04-11-2003, 12:56 PM
I really think GB will move up in the first or second round ahead of Pittsburgh- They need a QB of the future and If they wait until rd 2 to get him, Pittsburgh will have 2 bites of the apple at getting one of the 2 remaining guys mentioned above. (or Grossman)

Earthquake Enyart
04-11-2003, 12:59 PM
There are a lot of teams in the 9 to 22 range looking for their QB of the future.

TigerJ
04-11-2003, 01:00 PM
I think it likely we'll see four QBs go in round one. Ragone and Simms are probably locked in the second round at this point as I see it.

Mr. Miyagi
04-11-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
I really think GB will move up in the first or second round ahead of Pittsburgh- They need a QB of the future and If they wait until rd 2 to get him, Pittsburgh will have 2 bites of the apple at getting one of the 2 remaining guys mentioned above. (or Grossman)
Yeah, the word here in Wisconsin is that GB wants Grossman to be Favre's replacement in the future.

Dozerdog
04-11-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
There are a lot of teams in the 9 to 22 range looking for their QB of the future.

But a lot have other glaring needs as well.

GB is no different, but I'm thinking they know they have 1 crack at it with Favre left, and to get a kid in now means 1 full year under the wing of Brett. I think they will make a move for Grossman if Grossman can escape the top 12-15 picks. Then you run into a string of picks (KC,NO-2,NE-2) that are settled on their QB- I would not be suprised if NO or NE trades down with GB.

Earthquake Enyart
04-11-2003, 01:15 PM
If the Bengals take Leftwich, Bears take Palmer, and Arizona takes Boller, Seattle and Baltimore are sitting there needing QB's. This would be the Packer's nightmare. I don't see Grossman making it to GB where they are now.

The whole key to this is Cincy taking Leftwich. If they take Palmer, the Bears wait until round 2 and take Simms (who is coming to Chicago for a workout). Arizona gets Leftwich, and Boller goes to Seattle or Baltimore.

Ingtar33
04-11-2003, 03:36 PM
I have problems seeing the Bears passing on a QB in the first regardless... their GM got toasted last year by the fans for passing on Bledsoe. He'll get lynched if he doesn't take a "blue chip" QB.

Earthquake Enyart
04-11-2003, 05:13 PM
I think Angelo is safe for another 2 years. They'll fire Jauron if they have another crappy year.

But boy, did they make a lot of bad decisions since he's been here. Last off season, they let Brockermeyer walk away and don't pick up anyone, reach in the 1st round for that buster tackle. They decided that Warrick Holdman is better to keep than Colvin. They sign Chandler, and actually gave up a draft pick for the worst QB I have ever seen, Henry Burris.

That said, and don't forget they have just gotten burned recently with McNown as a first rounder, I think they will play it safe and take Newman, Gross, or maybe Suggs after they work him out in Halas Hall. They talk like they want Chris Simms in round 2.

Maybe it's all a smoke screen, who knows.... :scratch:

Ingtar33
04-11-2003, 05:28 PM
Simms?!

Good god, Angelo will be run out of town on a rail when Simms falls on his face... of all the QBs in the draft Simms is the one I'd hang my hat on being a bust. He's just a highly regarded version of Rob Johnson.

Great Arm... deer in the headlights under pressure.

*of course that is just my take on him…

Earthquake Enyart
04-11-2003, 05:38 PM
They are flying him in, if he's not here already.

Hey, these are the guys who signed Kordell. :shakeno:

How would you like to have that selling your PSL's? :eek:

ublinkwescore
04-11-2003, 07:15 PM
What is PSLs?

The_Philster
04-11-2003, 07:27 PM
Personal
Seat
Licenses

basically the right to buy season tix in some cities

Billsouth
04-11-2003, 08:44 PM
i think that there will be more quarterbacks taken in the first few rounds this year than last. from a global perspective this too is good because it will leave more other skilled players on the board longer. maybe we will get a good defensive lineman and a speedy receiver in the first 2 rounds. then we go strictly depth... OL, RB, QB, special teams.

by the way, dashon polk will be playing outside linebacker this year (backup) and that will fill some of our depth at the position.

ArcticWildMan
04-11-2003, 08:55 PM
Hmmm....I wonder if TD can work a second round trade?

Earthquake Enyart
04-11-2003, 09:38 PM
Maybe Green Bay will want #22 ;)