PDA

View Full Version : How taping helped the Pats - an illustration

Jeff1220
03-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Here's a nice, simple look at how the Cheatriots benefit from taping the defensive signals (courtesy of the Boston Globe):

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Third_Party_Graphic/2007/09/13/1189669857_7848.gif

Michael82
03-10-2008, 02:02 PM
Wow. Nice diagram and also very informative. It does make sense, look at the Patriots dynasty run and when Brady excels the most, it's always in the 2nd half, and specifically the 4th quarter. By then, the team already has all the signals matched with the players and Brady can start picking them apart. :ill:

:mad:

justasportsfan
03-10-2008, 02:15 PM
Did Bledsoe know this ?

Mitchy moo
03-10-2008, 02:31 PM
Did Bledsoe know this ?

Drew couldn't understand it, that's why Brady stayed in there and could actually use the info.

jamze132
03-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Drew thought it would be better to just stand in the pocket.

Mr. Miyagi
03-10-2008, 02:58 PM
Did anyone here prior to this thread not understand how taping opponent's defensive signals could help the offense? The illustrations didn't tell us anything we didn't already know.

mikemac2001
03-10-2008, 02:59 PM
Did anyone here prior to this thread not understand how taping opponent's defensive signals could help the offense? The illustrations didn't tell us anything we didn't already know.

ya but its kinda funny

JJamezz
03-10-2008, 03:21 PM

I've read a whole s**tload of posts (on this site and elsewhere) with people downplaying the whole thing, saying it didn't give them an advantage.. so yeah, there must be some who don't get it.

Michael82
03-10-2008, 03:28 PM
ya but its kinda funny
yeah it is. :snicker:

Mr. Miyagi
03-10-2008, 03:33 PM
I've read a whole s**tload of posts (on this site and elsewhere) with people downplaying the whole thing, saying it didn't give them an advantage.. so yeah, there must be some who don't get it.
Those people are either Brady lickers or Bills haters. The Patriots could've stolen other teams' playbooks and those people would've defended them just the same.

Meathead
03-10-2008, 03:35 PM
yeah i was like no duuuh

i still have to laugh at morons who say it offered no advantage. reminds me of the dopes that still say smoking doesnt hurt you

Mr. Miyagi
03-10-2008, 03:39 PM
yeah i was like no duuuh

i still have to laugh at morons who say it offered no advantage. reminds me of the dopes that still say smoking doesnt hurt you
I tried using the same argument in Vegas when they caught me peeking at other people's cards. Apparently those bouncers who kicked me out on my ass were not Patriot fans. :(

Jeff1220
03-10-2008, 03:59 PM

...and this is exactly why I posted it.

DynaPaul
03-10-2008, 06:11 PM

Some people are ******ed and still believe that it didn't give them any kind of advantage. Most of them are Patriots fans but there are a few stragglers from other teams as well. I especially like "But Everybody Does It" defense strategy

Mr. Miyagi
03-11-2008, 03:36 AM
Some people are ******ed and still believe that it didn't give them any kind of advantage. Most of them are Patriots fans but there are a few stragglers from other teams as well. I especially like "But Everybody Does It" defense strategy
Oh yeah the "everybody does it" defense. Reminds me of a joke.

A cop pulls over a guy for speeding.
Cop: "Sir, do you know why I stopped you?"
Guy: "No."
Cop: "You were going 80 in the 65 zone."
Guy: "So was everyone else! Why did you just pull me over??"
Cop: "Sir, have you ever gone fishing?"
Guy: "Yeah..."
Cop: "Did you ever catch all the fish?"

mybills
03-11-2008, 07:49 AM
Drew couldn't understand it
:rofl:

Michael82
03-11-2008, 09:07 AM

:lmao:

DynaPaul
03-11-2008, 06:30 PM

Guy: Just the BIG ones!

Confused
03-11-2008, 07:51 PM
Those dirty mother****ing Patriots!!!!!!! Oooooohhhhh them ****ers!!!!

mikemac2001
03-11-2008, 07:55 PM
Wow i finally understand it all

Here's a nice, simple look at how the Cheatriots benefit from taping the defensive signals (courtesy of the Boston Globe):

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Third_Party_Graphic/2007/09/13/1189669857_7848.gif