PDA

View Full Version : So who does the BZ Members want?

Bone
03-10-2008, 01:51 PM
1. Malcolm Kelly

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f9ZHjgrXArI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f9ZHjgrXArI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

2. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IoeJ6lhY9M8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IoeJ6lhY9M8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

3. Other

yordad
03-10-2008, 03:21 PM
As of now, Kelly. If we sign Johnson, DRC. So, I will reserve my vote for now.

VeggieMan14
03-10-2008, 06:11 PM
DRC WR class is very deep this year we can wait

coastal
03-10-2008, 06:13 PM
I know you are asking for one player... but tough ****.

Here is my board for the first 3 rounds.

I would draft WR's consecutively in rounds 1 and 2 if Doucet fell, Bennett was gone, and I had already grabbed D. Thomas. Nothing wrong with lining up Thomas, Evans, Doucet and Parrish in a 4 wideout spread.

I would also draft CB's consecutively in rounds 2 and 3. I needn't remind anyone who we play against twice a year.

Round 1
Derrick Harvey, DE Florida
Devin Thomas, WR Michigan State
Philip Merling, DE Clemson

Round 2
Martellus Bennett, TE Texas A&M
Early Doucet, WR LSU
Antoine Cason, CB Arizona
Reggie Smith, CB Oklahoma
DaJuan Morgan, S NC State
Mike Pollack, C Arizona

Round 3
Terrell Thomas, CB USC
Chevis Jackson, CB LSU
Carl Nicks, OT/OG Nebraska
Curtis Lofton, LB Oklahoma
Tavares Gooden, LB Miami

DraftBoy
03-10-2008, 06:31 PM
I think an ideal WR draft for us may be;
2nd Round-James Hardy/Devin Thomas/Early Doucet
4th Round-Adairus Bowman/Jerome Simpson/DJ Hall/Paul Hubbard/Justin Harper

This is as of now, if we sign a WR like Johnson or Hackett forget about a 2nd Round WR, imo.

Bone
03-10-2008, 06:36 PM
I know you are asking for one player... but tough ****.

Here is my board for the first 3 rounds.

I would draft WR's consecutively in rounds 1 and 2 if Doucet fell, Bennett was gone, and I had already grabbed D. Thomas. Nothing wrong with lining up Thomas, Evans, Doucet and Parrish in a 4 wideout spread.

I would also draft CB's consecutively in rounds 2 and 3. I needn't remind anyone who we play against twice a year.

Round 1
Derrick Harvey, DE Florida
Devin Thomas, WR Michigan State
Philip Merling, DE Clemson

Round 2
Martellus Bennett, TE Texas A&M
Early Doucet, WR LSU
Antoine Cason, CB Arizona
Reggie Smith, CB Oklahoma
DaJuan Morgan, S NC State
Mike Pollack, C Arizona

Round 3
Terrell Thomas, CB USC
Chevis Jackson, CB LSU
Carl Nicks, OT/OG Nebraska
Curtis Lofton, LB Oklahoma
Tavares Gooden, LB Miami

Good Post, Devin Thomas possibly at the 11th pick though?

yordad
03-10-2008, 06:44 PM
I think an ideal WR draft for us may be;
2nd Round-James Hardy/Devin Thomas/Early Doucet
4th Round-Adairus Bowman/Jerome Simpson/DJ Hall/Paul Hubbard/Justin Harper

This is as of now, if we sign a WR like Johnson or Hackett forget about a 2nd Round WR, imo.Yeah, unless Hardy is still there. I don't think you can pass on him in the second. He could push Johnson (or Hackett), and everyone hard. And, we would have better options if Lee isn't extended.

PECKERWOOD
03-11-2008, 05:16 AM
Other...

Limas Sweed.

mysticsoto
03-11-2008, 07:33 AM
I was hoping we could get a veteran #2 WR in FA, but since we didn't I am shakier about this decision. Nevertheless, since I am a defense-1st type person, I will stick with my original decision to prefer DRC and shore up the defense. We need someone to counter Randy Moss. With the deep draft at WR, pick the best one available in the 2nd and maybe later in the 4th also...It'd be nice if Jenkins or Mayle stepped up into the #2 WR role until the rookies are ready to step in though...Oh, and extend Evans contract. With no more FAs coming in much, we should have money to be able to extend him...

eyedog
03-11-2008, 08:42 AM
I was hoping we could get a veteran #2 WR in FA, but since we didn't I am shakier about this decision. Nevertheless, since I am a defense-1st type person, I will stick with my original decision to prefer DRC and shore up the defense. We need someone to counter Randy Moss. With the deep draft at WR, pick the best one available in the 2nd and maybe later in the 4th also...It'd be nice if Jenkins or Mayle stepped up into the #2 WR role until the rookies are ready to step in though...Oh, and extend Evans contract. With no more FAs coming in much, we should have money to be able to extend him...

If your a defense 1st type person you should want a pass rusher like Harvey. You will barely notice a difference with DRC covering Moss or any other cb on this team. The only way your slowing down Brady is a pass rush. Why can't some of you fiqure that out yet ? Also DRC won't counter Moss. You actually think he will come in as a 1-AA rookie and "counter" Moss ?
Jenkins or Mayle step up into the #2 ? Is that a joke ? Either will be lucky if they are even on the team come opening day. It would be nice if I won the lotto to.

mysticsoto
03-11-2008, 09:20 AM
If your a defense 1st type person you should want a pass rusher like Harvey. You will barely notice a difference with DRC covering Moss or any other cb on this team. The only way your slowing down Brady is a pass rush. Why can't some of you fiqure that out yet ? Also DRC won't counter Moss. You actually think he will come in as a 1-AA rookie and "counter" Moss ?
Jenkins or Mayle step up into the #2 ? Is that a joke ? Either will be lucky if they are even on the team come opening day. It would be nice if I won the lotto to.

Well I'd love Harvey if the stupid FO hadn't committed so much money toward our current DEs. Denney is just average and contributes on STs but to me Kelsay is a complete bust. I know he's been hurt and had surgery this offseason, but I really don't expect much more from him. I can't understand why they chose to invest so much in him. As a result, I am against getting another DE in which we have to pay alot of money to also. Besides, a rookie DE is not going to contribute much in their 1st year as much as a CB will. Mario Williams was a much better prospect than Harvey or any DE this year and he didn't start contributing until his 2nd year. I'd prefer a veteran DE next year to replace Kelsay or a lower rd raw prospect with potential DE to groom for the position. DRC will be able to contribute immediately and if you still think he is just a mere 1-AA whelp then you didn't watch him in the senior bowl where he competed against top WRs in this year's draft class.

As to Jenkins and Mayle, Jenkins already showed potential on STs and made a few catches last year. Mayle showed incredible burning speed in the long haul, but seemed to accelerate slow and needed to work on his routes. I watched him in TC and thought he had potential if he can work on his routes more. McGee is fast and Mayle continually burned past him every time.

People around here always seem to think that players can't grow in the offseason. I mentioned last year both Fred Jackson and DiGiorgio and people jumped on me about them being camp fodder and that there was no way either would make the team. Guess what? They were both vital contributors!!!

eyedog
03-11-2008, 09:54 AM
No both Dig and Jackson are avg. at best NFL backups, nothing more.
And DRC, if you think he's going to come in and "counter" Moss, then I can't help you.
So Denney is avg, and Kelsay is a "bust".. and you don't want a pass rushing d-end ?
Mario Williams had six sacks his rookie year while being hurt for most of it.
This team still needs one more d-end to go with Schobel, Denney ,and Kelsay. Why not a pass rusher to put opposite of Schobel on passing downs ?

mysticsoto
03-11-2008, 10:06 AM
No both Dig and Jackson are avg. at best NFL backups, nothing more.
And DRC, if you think he's going to come in and "counter" Moss, then I can't help you.
So Denney is avg, and Kelsay is a "bust".. and you don't want a pass rushing d-end ?
Mario Williams had six sacks his rookie year while being hurt for most of it.
This team still needs one more d-end to go with Schobel, Denney ,and Kelsay. Why not a pass rusher to put opposite of Schobel on passing downs ?

A simple answer. $$$. We are paying Kelsay too much to sit on the bench!!!

eyedog
03-11-2008, 10:10 AM
You know they rotate anyhow, and on passing downs you make sure your pass rusher is one the field. Pretty simple really.

DraftBoy
03-11-2008, 10:36 AM
Mystic its not worth it, eyedog does not like DRC simply because he attended a DI-AA school, that is his only argument, he has no issue of any substance with his play, just his level of competition.

eyedog
03-11-2008, 10:41 AM
LOL. you guys have seen him play a college all-star game. Where offenses practice together for one week. You think they got their timing down ?

and you've seen his 40 times running in shorts at a combine.

And I've said numerous times I don't want ANY cb at # 11.

DraftBoy
03-11-2008, 10:42 AM
LOL. you guys have seen him play a college all-star game. Where offenses practice together for one week. You think they got their timing down ?

and you've seen his 40 times running in shorts at a combine.

And I've said numerous times I don't want ANY cb at # 11.

Ive seen him play on numerous occasions but you've made it quite clear you dont care about that.

eyedog
03-11-2008, 10:43 AM
There are numerous cb's and wr's for that matter that they can get in the 2nd and 3rd rd's.

but guess what, all the best d-lineman will be long gone.

venis2k1
03-11-2008, 10:45 AM
Here is my feelings on dominique rodgers cromartie. Athletic ability and potential are through the roof. This kid has all the intangibles you could ever want. Fast, athletic, tall, amazing change of direction(He is a track star). And from all the interviews ive read, he comes off as a very respectful and likable kid. Before I start knocking him, I should say i havent seen him play with the exception of the senior bowl, and he played great there. I dont get to catch a whole lot of 1-AA Tennessee State games on TV, I doubt many of us do.

There are 2 knocks on him at this point, first he is said to be weak against the run. This is understandable, at 6'2 he only weighs in at 178 lbs, Im not sure how good of an open feild tackler he is, but i can see him having trouble taking down the bigger backs in the nfl. Thats not a huge deal i think you sign DTs and LBs to stop the run. The second knock on him is somewhat more serious. He has only played 1 season of football in his life before going to college. Because of this the only offer he got was from Tennessee State, a 1-AA team that is hardly considered a power house. While he played well there, one has to worry about the level of competition he faced on a weekly basis. But moreso the level of technique coaching he received. DRC is still very raw by most accounts. An athletic playmaking CB with all the tools to dominate, but still very raw.(kinda reminds me of Youboty).

I think DRC could be a probowl level shut down corner at the next level, but hardly a lock to supplant McGee on opening day. I just remember this place going crazy last year at the thought of Digi beating out Poz to be the opening day starter. Could you imagine if your 11th overall pick this year didnt see more than Nickle and ST duties his rookie year? Like I said, I'm no expert, but i know we need an imediate starter to come from that 11 spot.

eyedog
03-11-2008, 10:45 AM
Ive seen him play on numerous occasions but you've made it quite clear you dont care about that.

Really. did you see any games in person. One maybe, two.

Or did you actually watch any games on tv ? One, two ?

Or did you watch a "highlight " reel on the internet ?

DraftBoy
03-11-2008, 10:51 AM
Really. did you see any games in person. One maybe, two.

Or did you actually watch any games on tv ? One, two ?

Or did you watch a "highlight " reel on the internet ?

I download torrents of smaller school prospects Ive seen about 5 of his games via those. They are handy tools indeed.

don137
03-11-2008, 11:00 AM
The offense really needs another game breaker at WR to take the pressure off of Evans...The offense has not done much this off season to put fear in the opposition. While DRC is a great player we need to put points up and stop being so one dimensional in the pass.

venis2k1
03-11-2008, 11:34 AM
I download torrents of smaller school prospects Ive seen about 5 of his games via those. They are handy tools indeed.

wow...you need a hobby.

mysticsoto
03-11-2008, 12:18 PM
wow...you need a hobby.

Isn't it obvious this is his hobby? Nothing wrong with that. If he enjoys it, what harm is there?

DraftBoy
03-11-2008, 12:29 PM
wow...you need a hobby.

Why? I assume your going insinuate that I have no life because I love doing this. I love doing this stuff, and I love sharing it with you guys. I think its very appreciated by almost everyone on here and I like being somebody that people come to about prospects. Im no expert and Ive never claimed to be, Ive been wrong before and Ill be wrong again. However I never let this hobby get in the way of my life. I download the torrents over night while I sleep, I work 40-60 hours per week between my office, the state capital and my home. I go to law school at night. I spend most weekends evenings out with friends or with my girl, and I usually watch the games in the mornings to early afternoons. It doesnt take long to watch games when you are looking at one prospects. I just like to maximize my the time that Im awake.

PECKERWOOD
03-11-2008, 12:41 PM
wow...you need a hobby.

I'm glad that this is DraftBoy's hobby, I get good information from him for absolutely free! You got to give the guy props for pointing out a guy like DRC before anybody knew who he was. Good work DB, hats off to you!

Oh yeah and...

LIMAS SWEED AT #11!! GOOGOGOO! :posrep:

mysticsoto
03-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Why? I assume your going insinuate that I have no life because I love doing this. I love doing this stuff, and I love sharing it with you guys. I think its very appreciated by almost everyone on here and I like being somebody that people come to about prospects. Im no expert and Ive never claimed to be, Ive been wrong before and Ill be wrong again. However I never let this hobby get in the way of my life. I download the torrents over night while I sleep, I work 40-60 hours per week between my office, the state capital and my home. I go to law school at night. I spend most weekends evenings out with friends or with my girl, and I usually watch the games in the mornings to early afternoons. It doesnt take long to watch games when you are looking at one prospects. I just like to maximize my the time that Im awake.

And if you ever get tired of politics, you could always head over to ESPN and become an analyst. Heck, you take JJamez with you with some of those videos he makes and you've got an instant show on NFLN all by yourself!!!

DraftBoy
03-11-2008, 01:53 PM
I only wish that could happen Mystic

Bone
03-12-2008, 01:51 PM
I wanna go to the draft but I have no Idea how, you can't buy tickets or anything can you?..

PECKERWOOD
03-12-2008, 02:01 PM
Leodis McKelvin and Limas Sweed's names better start entering the conversation soon, because you better believe the Bills are eyeing those two.

Bone
03-12-2008, 02:22 PM
I think Leodis Mcklevin is gone at number 7 to the Patriots, but I agree with you.

venis2k1
03-13-2008, 08:49 AM
Why? I assume your going insinuate that I have no life because I love doing this.

Not at all. Just that watching D-II games to "scout" a player that the bills may or may not make part of their team might not be the best way to "maximize the time that your awake."

But to each his own.

Night Train
03-13-2008, 02:49 PM
We're going to draft someone other than DRC, Kelly or Sweed and the majority of posters will implode, having brainwashed themselves into thinking they have this all figures out.

Happens most every year.

Jan Reimers
03-13-2008, 03:01 PM
We're going to draft someone other than DRC, Kelly or Sweed and the majority of posters will implode, having brainwashed themselves into thinking they have this all figures out.

Happens most every year.
I have about a half dozen favorites for a really good implosion, even if it's not related to the draft. But I'll feelthepain if I reveal The Answer to who they might be.