PDA

View Full Version : Anderson better than Troupe?

Mitchell55
03-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Anderson only played 39 and got 763 yards. Troupe played 55 games and got 1,056. Anderson also averaged more yards a game and has only 1 TD short of Troupe. Last, Troupe had the ROY throwing him the ball, Billy Volek and Kerry Collins. Anderson had McCown, Russell, Cullpeper, Brooks, and Rick Mirer. I know that Tennesses QBs havent been great but they are certainly better than Oaklands.

bigbub2352
03-10-2008, 04:01 PM
Good Post, i just dont see this guy being a starter, we need someone like a Davis from USC or Bennett form Texas A&M i would not mind at all if this guy came in a contributed like Gaines did for us last year, but that is wishful thinking

chernobylwraiths
03-10-2008, 04:08 PM
Of course Anderson is better. We signed him. Everyone else that we don't sign, sucks.

mikemac2001
03-10-2008, 04:14 PM
I think troupe is better but thats what i think....ill take anderson because he is huge but thats about it...hopefully he is on roster when madden is launched

BADTHINGSMAN
03-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Of course Anderson is better. We signed him. Everyone else that we don't sign, sucks.

Exactly!!

Mitchy moo
03-10-2008, 04:49 PM
The food bill for ralph just went up 10% for signing Courtney.

Nighthawk
03-10-2008, 04:55 PM
Anderson is a waste. He doesn't improve this team at all.

Mad Max
03-10-2008, 04:57 PM
:yawn:

Here's a blurb on Anderson from Scout.com http://buf.scout.com/a.z?s=24&p=2&c=735656

[Last season, Anderson was released by Oakland before the season, was in Miami’s training camp, signed a contract with Detroit, appeared in two games with the Lions, was cut loose in late October, and signed with Atlanta in November, where he played in two games.
Oakland, Miami, Detroit and Atlanta – a combined 16-48 last season – aren’t exactly tight end hotbeds. The fact that Anderson failed to latch on with each team may]

We need to draft a TE (along with DE and WR) on day 1.

Jaybird
03-10-2008, 05:00 PM
depth, if i ever see him on the field i might cry!!!!!

he is not the answer at tight end

and troupe is better

TigerJ
03-10-2008, 05:04 PM
I would have prefered Troupe. He's faster and would be able to stretch the field a little more between the 20s. I think Teyo Johnson is a little more athletic and faster than Anderson. But I always try to be openminded about signings. Anderson certainly has the size. Besides if it doesn't work out we can always ask him to bulk up and turn him into another offensive tackle. Hey what is it with all these Swedish TEs, Anderson, Johnson. . .

On a more serious note, if I were in the Bills War Room on draft day, I would advocate taking an athletic pass catching TE if one appeared to be a good value in the second third or fourth round.

Mad Max
03-10-2008, 05:17 PM
Hey what is it with all these Swedish TEs, Anderson, Johnson.

Didn't you hear? Ralphie is sponsoring an all Nordic Curling team. He already has the Norwegian chimaera in Denny,Schobel,Kelsay...the latest additions finish off the team. SKOL!

FlyingDutchman
03-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Last year we went to Gaines a few times in the red zone. Thats all we are doing is filling his spot. We were terrible in the red zone last year and hopefully Andersons size will give us a weapon. I dont look to him to stretch the field, but he without a doubt, will be a red zone threat.

Oaf
03-10-2008, 05:46 PM
Why don't we just sign ONE dude that can START or draft ONE TE ahead of the 7th round (ok Euhus, but that was still a reach) and stop signing several schmucks like Anderson, Johnson, Massacoi, Neufeld, Murphy, Shouman, Cieslak, Royal, the list goes ON and ON past Dave Moore and even Mark Campbell. (Lonnie Johnson?!)

Geez. When will we learn that seven 7th round picks DO NOT equal one 1st round pick?

That Guy
03-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Why don't we just sign ONE dude that can START or draft ONE TE ahead of the 7th round (ok Euhus, but that was still a reach) and stop signing several schmucks like Anderson, Johnson, Massacoi, Neufeld, Murphy, Shouman, Cieslak, Royal, the list goes ON and ON past Dave Moore and even Mark Campbell. (Lonnie Johnson?!)

Geez. When will we learn that seven 7th round picks DO NOT equal one 1st round pick?
People quickly forget that we were unfortunate to lose Kevin Everett...

Dr. Lecter
03-10-2008, 05:59 PM

Lonnie Johnson was a 2nd round pick.

JJamezz
03-10-2008, 06:01 PM
They should've just re-signed Gaines, they were going to draft one early regardless (IMO). Unless something crazy happens, I think that 2nd rounder will be used on a TE.

mikemac2001
03-10-2008, 06:02 PM
I posted this on my bro's myspace i still thought TE was gonna be able to do some stuff if he stayed healthy but he never could

Aug 8 2007 12:30 PM

Kevin Everett over the middle at night practice last week

That TE i was talking about for years finally not hurt

Tatonka
03-10-2008, 06:03 PM
People quickly forget that we were unfortunate to lose Kevin Everett...
because he was lighting the world on fire pre injury. He could hardly hold down a special teams spot.

DynaPaul
03-10-2008, 06:13 PM
Personally I wasn't excited about either Troupe or Anderson. Neither guy is a #1 on the depth chart. Looks like we'll have to go to the draft.

askabry
03-10-2008, 06:19 PM
So if they throw it to me 12 I’m pretty sure I’d catch eight

You just can't make this s**t up. This actually came out of the mouth of a guy we signed.

75% of the time, this guy is gonna do the job, and that's his own best estimate? I can't imagine why no other team was desperate to sign him.

jimbohastle51
03-10-2008, 06:40 PM
i think that anderson and troupe are a draw. neither one is a game changer, but i think that either one is better than neufeld and cieslak, so if our season started and our TE's were royal, anderson, johnson, and a rookie, i wouldnt be upset, in fact if it was a rookie, johnson, and anderson, i would be ok. i just dont think royal is more than a blocker. i would rather see teyo johnson and courtney johnson fight for the job than royal, those too were at least natural pass catching TE's.