Anderson better than Troupe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Anderson better than Troupe?

Anderson only played 39 and got 763 yards. Troupe played 55 games and got 1,056. Anderson also averaged more yards a game and has only 1 TD short of Troupe. Last, Troupe had the ROY throwing him the ball, Billy Volek and Kerry Collins. Anderson had McCown, Russell, Cullpeper, Brooks, and Rick Mirer. I know that Tennesses QBs havent been great but they are certainly better than Oaklands.
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Re: Anderson better than Troupe?

Good Post, i just dont see this guy being a starter, we need someone like a Davis from USC or Bennett form Texas A&M i would not mind at all if this guy came in a contributed like Gaines did for us last year, but that is wishful thinking
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
      • Jan 2003

Of course Anderson is better. We signed him. Everyone else that we don't sign, sucks.

Comment

• mikemac2001
        is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
        • Mar 2003

I think troupe is better but thats what i think....ill take anderson because he is huge but thats about it...hopefully he is on roster when madden is launched

MUCK
        FIAMI

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
          Of course Anderson is better. We signed him. Everyone else that we don't sign, sucks.
          Exactly!!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

The food bill for ralph just went up 10% for signing Courtney.

Comment

• Nighthawk
              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
              • Jul 2002

Anderson is a waste. He doesn't improve this team at all.

Comment

• Mad Max
                Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                • Mar 2003

Here's a blurb on Anderson from Scout.com http://buf.scout.com/a.z?s=24&p=2&c=735656

[Last season, Anderson was released by Oakland before the season, was in Miami’s training camp, signed a contract with Detroit, appeared in two games with the Lions, was cut loose in late October, and signed with Atlanta in November, where he played in two games.
                Oakland, Miami, Detroit and Atlanta – a combined 16-48 last season – aren’t exactly tight end hotbeds. The fact that Anderson failed to latch on with each team may]

We need to draft a TE (along with DE and WR) on day 1.

Comment

• Jaybird
                  • Dec 2005

depth, if i ever see him on the field i might cry!!!!!

he is not the answer at tight end

and troupe is better

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

I would have prefered Troupe. He's faster and would be able to stretch the field a little more between the 20s. I think Teyo Johnson is a little more athletic and faster than Anderson. But I always try to be openminded about signings. Anderson certainly has the size. Besides if it doesn't work out we can always ask him to bulk up and turn him into another offensive tackle. Hey what is it with all these Swedish TEs, Anderson, Johnson. . .

On a more serious note, if I were in the Bills War Room on draft day, I would advocate taking an athletic pass catching TE if one appeared to be a good value in the second third or fourth round.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Mad Max
                      Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by TigerJ
                      Hey what is it with all these Swedish TEs, Anderson, Johnson.
                      Didn't you hear? Ralphie is sponsoring an all Nordic Curling team. He already has the Norwegian chimaera in Denny,Schobel,Kelsay...the latest additions finish off the team. SKOL!

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                        • Apr 2005

Last year we went to Gaines a few times in the red zone. Thats all we are doing is filling his spot. We were terrible in the red zone last year and hopefully Andersons size will give us a weapon. I dont look to him to stretch the field, but he without a doubt, will be a red zone threat.

Comment

• Oaf
                          Do you read what you write?
                          • Jun 2007

Why don't we just sign ONE dude that can START or draft ONE TE ahead of the 7th round (ok Euhus, but that was still a reach) and stop signing several schmucks like Anderson, Johnson, Massacoi, Neufeld, Murphy, Shouman, Cieslak, Royal, the list goes ON and ON past Dave Moore and even Mark Campbell. (Lonnie Johnson?!)

Geez. When will we learn that seven 7th round picks DO NOT equal one 1st round pick?

Comment

• That Guy
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Oaf
                            Why don't we just sign ONE dude that can START or draft ONE TE ahead of the 7th round (ok Euhus, but that was still a reach) and stop signing several schmucks like Anderson, Johnson, Massacoi, Neufeld, Murphy, Shouman, Cieslak, Royal, the list goes ON and ON past Dave Moore and even Mark Campbell. (Lonnie Johnson?!)

Geez. When will we learn that seven 7th round picks DO NOT equal one 1st round pick?
                            People quickly forget that we were unfortunate to lose Kevin Everett...

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Oaf

Lonnie Johnson was a 2nd round pick.
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X