PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone think we're not picking up Johnson because we realy want Sweed or Kelly.

Mitchell55
03-10-2008, 03:54 PM
Think about it. Kelly and Sweed are the 2 best recievers in the draft. They both fit what we need and Johnson has been here for 5-6 days. We might just want to wait to see what Washington offers him before we make an offer. Or we might just not want him and realy want Sweed or Kelly in the draft. Modrak has already told us that he loves Kelly so maybe we just dont want to waste money on Bry. Or maybe a mix of both.

BillsFanInNM
03-10-2008, 04:11 PM
I think the Bills are playing it safe, they don't want to sign B. Johnson to a contract that could handcuff us down the road and be stuck with him if he never progresses and remains at best a 3rd receiver. We already have a roster full of WR's who drop passes while going over the middle, only difference with Johnson is he's taller.

Unless we pull off a pretty big trade, I still see us taking a 1st day WR. We need playmakers and there just isn't any left in FA.

X-Era
03-10-2008, 04:24 PM
Think about it. Kelly and Sweed are the 2 best recievers in the draft. They both fit what we need and Johnson has been here for 5-6 days. We might just want to wait to see what Washington offers him before we make an offer. Or we might just not want him and realy want Sweed or Kelly in the draft. Modrak has already told us that he loves Kelly so maybe we just dont want to waste money on Bry. Or maybe a mix of both.

Kelly, IMO and yes.

I would say that we think we can fill the #2 spot from the draft and thats why were not in a big hurry to sign a #2 WR.

venis2k1
03-10-2008, 05:12 PM
I think we never intended to sign him. We just brought him in to mess with his head.

Jaybird
03-10-2008, 05:17 PM
no willing to give him the cash that he wants, he hasn't signed anywhere else, maybe he's asking for a bug contract !!!

FlyingDutchman
03-10-2008, 05:33 PM
I agree with the first two posts. He wants big money and he is unproven. Why dump an ass load of money into an unproven guy. I bet thats where the contract negotiations are breaking down. Johnsons agent is probably pleading upside, while the Bills are in the what have you done lately frame of mine. The only way something gets done will be if the contract is loaded with stipulations.

Oaf
03-10-2008, 05:40 PM
The only way something gets done will be if the contract is loaded with stipulations.

Which is what Johnson should, but likely does not, want.

I'll take Sweed over Kelly IMHO.