• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • askabry
    • Jul 2002

So if they throw it to me 12 I’m pretty sure I’d catch eight

This from our latest signing.

Four out of 12 times he's going to put the ball on the carpet - or worse, let it get through his hands and into someone else's.

If you can't laugh at this, I mean really ... I expect high school TE's to catch the ball 3 out of 4 times, or at least fair college TE's. I expect receivers to catch the ball each time the ball gets near them.

That's why there are so many GD zeros in your paycheck.
    what the last four years of a Republican House, Senate and Presidency has gotten us ...
    • tax cuts for the wealthy in the hundreds of billions
    • 1,000 dead American servicemen
    • the U.S. Constitution trampled upon
    • our national debt growing into the TRILLIONS of dollars
    • implicit lies and consistent obfuscations of the truth regarding Iraq

I can hardly wait to see what four more years will get us.
  • Buffatexas
    • Aug 2002

Re: So if they throw it to me 12 I’m pretty sure I’d catch eight

Honestly, I dont think there is a reciever out there who catches everything thrown their way. If the guy said that he drops 4 of 12 in an open field, well, then I have issues with that, but in a game time scenario, even TO and Chad Johnson "hears feet" or starts their run prior to securing the ball and winds up with a drop.

Comment

• VeggieMan14
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Buffatexas
      Honestly, I dont think there is a reciever out there who catches everything thrown their way. If the guy said that he drops 4 of 12 in an open field, well, then I have issues with that, but in a game time scenario, even TO and Chad Johnson "hears feet" or starts their run prior to securing the ball and winds up with a drop.
      especially when Donte is lurking around back there
      I feel a win streak coming and a Bills Playoff Run!!!

VeggieMan- To many Concussions as a kid

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

I can catch more then 8 out of 12. But, where are you getting this?
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• askabry
          • Jul 2002

Let's put this into game perspective.

A pretty good TE will catch nearly 50 balls a year; that's right around three a game. Which means you'd be seeing your TE drop one ball a game. We're ready to fry Josh Reed for basically doing that very thing.

I'm sorry, but there is NO fan base in the NFL that would support a guy that did that on a regular basis - especially if he was supposed to be the receiving TE.

TO/Chad? They catch 6,7,8 balls a game. It's a matter of perspective.
          what the last four years of a Republican House, Senate and Presidency has gotten us ...

Comment

• VeggieMan14
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by yordad
            I can catch more then 8 out of 12. But, where are you getting this?
            can you now with a NFL linebacker waiting for you when you catch it. I mean your fast but itd be hard to outrun one of those nfl corners but idk maybe you would make it in the nfl
            I feel a win streak coming and a Bills Playoff Run!!!

VeggieMan- To many Concussions as a kid

Comment

• casdhf
              • Jul 2002

The quote is pretty funny, if you actually read the whole thing. It was an Antonio Gates reference.
              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Jeff1220
                H to the 12:20
                • Jul 2002

Looking at just stats doesn't tell the whole story either. Were some of the passes severely over thrown or under thrown?
                I think whenever someone says they can do what a pro athlete does, about 95% of the time it's BS. A catch that is thrown in the parking lot, tossed by your 5'10" 175lb friend, is completely different than a laser fired at you by a big league arm with a bunch of 225+ pounders of solid muscle waiting to take your head off.

Comment

• casdhf
                  • Jul 2002

I’m pretty balanced I would say. I don’t think I’m just… a lot of it is opportunity. A guy like [Antonio] Gates or somebody you throw the ball to them 12 times you know he’s going to catch at least eight. So if they throw it to me 12 I’m pretty sure I’d catch eight. I think I’m pretty balanced. I think I can run block well, I think catch the ball well. I just have to still get better at every aspect.
                  Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                  cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by askabry

Four out of 12 times he's going to put the ball on the carpet - or worse, let it get through his hands and into someone else's.

If you can't laugh at this, I mean really ... I expect high school TE's to catch the ball 3 out of 4 times, or at least fair college TE's. I expect receivers to catch the ball each time the ball gets near them.

You're assuming that 100% of the passes are accurate and catchable. Not going to happen.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by VeggieMan14
                      can you now with a NFL linebacker waiting for you when you catch it. I mean your fast but itd be hard to outrun one of those nfl corners but idk maybe you would make it in the nfl
                      Oh wait, I'd have to catch it with an LB waiting for me? Awe shucks.

But, for the record. I am 6'2, 200 lbs, in my prime, and can run about a 4.6. I am a flag football stud. LOL
                      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                        • Feb 2005

In 2006 Terrel Owens was targeted 152 times... He caught 85. Does that mean he dropped 67 balls? NO! He was credited with dropping 14 balls.

Comment

• Buckets
                          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by askabry

Are you forgetting the DB"s who are also getting those GD zeros. You probably also ***** about a DB's inability to break up passes.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                            • May 2003

I think some of you guys take things that are said way to serious.

Comment

• askabry
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                              I think some of you guys take things that are said way to serious.
                              Here's what I expect our football team to do: get the simple thing right ALL THE TIME. Pass the short ball well. Catch the ball. Don't fumble. If you are a running back, fall forward and consistently make positive yardage. Stay onsides. Get off the field on 3rd and 14. Don't give up TD returns. Don't go for the interception when simply knocking it down wins the game. Know what down it is (amazingly, two key offensive players got this simple point wrong in the last five years). Make good, clean tackles - especially when you have the QB/RB in your sights for a loss.

I'm sorry, but these are not hard players to come by. Sometimes you don't even have to pay a lot to get them. Funny thing is, they rarely advertise themselves as guys that get the job done 75% of the time.

Example: the guy that led the league in pass catching last year, well I personally never saw him drop a ball and rarely missed one passed in his direction. Welker came to the Pats for a song.

Maybe Andersen IS the second coming of Gates. Maybe I take his comments too seriously. And maybe some players simply don't hold themselves accountable for what they do on the field, as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X