PDA

View Full Version : Big no no by lindy

Mitchell55
03-10-2008, 08:46 PM
You dont shoot 1st. You have the advantage when you shoot 2nd. 1 goal and you have the advantage the way in the shoot out.

Mitchy moo
03-10-2008, 09:30 PM
I would of put pommer first as well, as the 2nd shooter of course.

SabreEleven
03-10-2008, 10:25 PM
They've been doing that all year maybe it is time to switch it up.

RockStar36
03-10-2008, 10:33 PM
Every team does it. It makes no sense to me but whatever.

THATHURMANATOR
03-10-2008, 10:44 PM
You dont shoot 1st. You have the advantage when you shoot 2nd. 1 goal and you have the advantage the way in the shoot out.
This shows how much you know. The team that shoots first has a better winning percentage in shootouts.

chubluv
03-10-2008, 11:07 PM
I havent seen a home team yet; not go first in the shoot out.

Dude
03-11-2008, 06:45 AM
Lindy isn't the problem.

JD
03-11-2008, 10:17 AM
Golly is.

Michael82
03-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Golly is.
and the piece of **** that came back to Buffalo to finish it off....Larry Quinn. :ill:

THATHURMANATOR
03-11-2008, 11:11 AM
If it wasn't for Golly there would be no Buffalo Sabres currently. There is no way to have kept everyone. If they signed Drury, Vanek would be gone. If they signed Campbell, Miller would be gone. Have they made all the right decisions no freaking way but in a small market this is what we will get no matter who the owner/GM is.

Dude
03-11-2008, 11:22 AM
Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

Lindy, Quinn, and Golisano are not the ones missing shots and letting in soft goals.

Yes, Quinn and Golisano have ****ed up this team in a big way, but the cheaper players who remain are not performing.

RockStar36
03-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

Lindy, Quinn, and Golisano are not the ones missing shots and letting in soft goals.

Yes, Quinn and Golisano have ****ed up this team in a big way, but the cheaper players who remain are not performing.

Exactly.

This thread wouldn't even exist if Max scores on the breakaway last night or Stafford is able to stuff the puck in the wide open net.

Everyone is so quick to blame management and it seems like the majority of the time the players get a free pass. Whether it's in the games or during the off-season.

mchurchfie
03-11-2008, 03:27 PM
I totally disagree, that's like not taking the ball when you win the flip on the coin toss in football. If you start first and score first then you create instant momentum and have the other team behind the eightball. They have the pressure on them to have to score. Unfortunately, this team can't score so things get switched around.

RockStar36
03-11-2008, 03:28 PM
I totally disagree, that's like not taking the ball when you win the flip on the coin toss in football. If you start first and score first then you create instant momentum and have the other team behind the eightball. They have the pressure on them to have to score. Unfortunately, this team can't score so things get switched around.

I guess it's on the individual person.

I always kick the ball first in football. Different scenario though. I want the ball after halftime. I guess that doesn't really apply to the shootout.

mchurchfie
03-11-2008, 03:31 PM
I guess it's on the individual person.

I always kick the ball first in football. Different scenario though. I want the ball after halftime. I guess that doesn't really apply to the shootout.
That was probably not a very good analogy. No halftime in SO's. You have three shots to make it count so why not draw first blood and make the other team blink.

Michael82
03-11-2008, 04:02 PM
If it wasn't for Golly there would be no Buffalo Sabres currently. There is no way to have kept everyone. If they signed Drury, Vanek would be gone. If they signed Campbell, Miller would be gone. Have they made all the right decisions no freaking way but in a small market this is what we will get no matter who the owner/GM is.
sorry, but the small market thing doesn't work for me. They are not a small market in the NHL. They are actually one of the higher ticket prices in the NHL, sell the most tickets, they have one of the highest TV ratings in the league, have one of the highest merchandise sales, the fan excitement is always there. They are making their money. I won't cry small market in this league.

RockStar36
03-11-2008, 04:20 PM
That was probably not a very good analogy. No halftime in SO's. You have three shots to make it count so why not draw first blood and make the other team blink.

I still like shooting second but it goes both ways.

If you shoot first and miss, you put extra pressure on Miller.

If you stop them first and score second, the pressure is really on them to score.

But like I said, it goes both ways.

We should probably discuss why the games are even going to shootout to begin with.

RockStar36
03-11-2008, 04:24 PM
sorry, but the small market thing doesn't work for me. They are not a small market in the NHL. They are actually one of the higher ticket prices in the NHL, sell the most tickets, they have one of the highest TV ratings in the league, have one of the highest merchandise sales, the fan excitement is always there. They are making their money. I won't cry small market in this league.

There is a salary cap these days Mikey.

If they paid both Drury and Briere they would be cash and cap strapped for a few years which would prevent them from signing Miller.

They have to plan for the future. I'm sure there was a method to the madness in letting certain people go and signing Vanek. Just like trading Campbell. They are setting up to sign Miller.