PDA

View Full Version : LB depth?

jimbohastle51
03-10-2008, 10:28 PM
who else here thinks we need some depth at LB? i mean are starters are known and ellison and digorgio are good fill ins, but we need to get some veteran depth in here. there is alot of good veteran depth still out there in free agency and i think we should sign one or 2 and draft one or 2, opinions?!?

clumping platelets
03-10-2008, 10:29 PM
I bet the Bills bring either Haggan or Stamer back and also draft a versatile LB day two

jimbohastle51
03-10-2008, 10:32 PM
they should those 2 were there part of the heart and soul of our special teams.

yordad
03-10-2008, 10:40 PM
We're good, IMO.

Scumbag College
03-10-2008, 11:43 PM
DiGiorgio and Ellison are good for backups. Maybe use a mid to late round pick on a developmental LB whom can come right in and help on ST coverage.

venis2k1
03-11-2008, 12:47 AM
Bring back the Super Mario Super Show.

PECKERWOOD
03-11-2008, 05:13 AM
If Ali Highsmith falls to the 4th I want him.

kernowboy
03-11-2008, 05:36 AM
I had suggested Teddy Lehman before he signed for the Bucs but Pat booed that off.

Angelo and Paul have a record of injuries, particularly Angelo, which could leave us with a LB Corps of Mitchell-DiGiorgio-Ellison. Unfortunately there is no way I'd want Stammer or Haggan starting.

Ickybaluky
03-11-2008, 07:59 AM
Ian Gold is still out there. He is still a pretty good player and fits in a Tampa 2 scheme with his speed and athleticism. He is good enough to start though, so he will cost more money.

Rob Morris would seem like a guy to bring to camp if his knee is healthy. He has extensive Tampa-2 experience from Indy, is a quality lockerroom guy and will only get backup money. He is getting older (33), but is a solid veteran from a winning program who puts the team first.

He would be a good guy to play on run downs. Remember, when Indy was having problems stopping the run the year they won the Super Bowl, one of the adjustments they made was to insert Morris in at WSLB. He really helped shore things up for them.

Morris hurt his knee (ACL) and missed most of last year and Indy cut him because he was due $1.2M in salary this year. It wouldn't surprise me if they brought him back at the minimum if his knee checks out OK. I think some team will bring him to camp, because he knows how to play the game and is a team guy.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-11-2008, 09:03 AM
I hate to point this out, but DiGiorgio and Ellison ARE veterans now--each is entering his 3rd year in the league and has a year of starting experience.

Don't expect the Bills to sign Gold, who will probably be looking for a shot to start somewhere or Rob Morris, who has an extensive history of injuries, when they have younger, healthier guys who already are familiar with the team and have starting experience.

And, IMHO, the Bills aren't going to spend a lot of money on their 6th or 7th LB, who is primarily going to be a ST player in any event. Right now, their 6th LB is Blake Costanzo who is a STer. Look for them to try to bring back Haggan, if no other team signs him in FA or to draft a LB late (or bring in a UDFA) to play STs.

bigbub2352
03-11-2008, 09:21 AM
Why do we need to bring in a vet, Stamer and Haggan cant help out if there is an injury, sorry but those guys can go, we are week three into FA and they are still out there that should tell you how the rest of the league veiws how important they are,

Draft a Lber and sign some UDFA's and maybe a guy liek Blake Costanzo who played well on ST for us, we dont need to spend money on a vet Dig and Ellison are perfect and interchangeable

justasportsfan
03-11-2008, 09:50 AM
We're good, IMO.
I agree.

Crowell - 5 years
DiG- 3 years with starting experience
Ellison - 3 years back up with starting experience ( quality depth)
Poz- needs experience but huge potential.
Kawika- 6 years vet with sb experience.

If our DL lives up to their potential ,our lb'ers will be better. Even with POZ not having much experience, he should have an easier time with a good DL.

I'm good with the amount of experience with this corps and I like it's potential. If anything, we may just need to replace Stamer and Hagan who are easily replaceable as lb'ers. On St is another question.

IMO, it's the least of our worries. Fill the other needs.

Throne Logic
03-11-2008, 10:29 AM
Don't expect the Bills to sign Gold, who will probably be looking for a shot to start somewhere or Rob Morris. . .

I wonder if these guys get a bit nervous this late in the FA game. As we get closer to the draft, teams are clearly turning their attention away from FA's and looking at the potential rookie pool.

It wouldn't shock me if one of these guys signs a basic one-year deal just to make sure they have a decent place to play in 2008; looking to hit FA again next season. Not sure Buffalo is interested now that they have plenty of back-up depth with extensive starting experience in this system.

Last year's injury problems should really help this team in that we'll see some solid depth on defense.

acehole
03-11-2008, 10:41 AM
who else here thinks we need some depth at LB? i mean are starters are known and ellison and digorgio are good fill ins, but we need to get some veteran depth in here. there is alot of good veteran depth still out there in free agency and i think we should sign one or 2 and draft one or 2, opinions?!?

I am concerned about pos. I heard on another board that he is thinned out and he was also smoking cigeretts. If that is true he will never hold up in the middle. I think it would be better to put him on the outside and Mitchel in the inside. Dejorgio and ellison are good back ups...I and sure we can find another in the draft.

venis2k1
03-11-2008, 11:11 AM
I am concerned about pos. I heard on another board that he is thinned out and he was also smoking cigeretts.

I dont even know how to respond to this post.

ptd86
03-11-2008, 11:11 AM
you could argue that lb is our deepest position, i think we need depth everywhere