• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • H2OBFLO
    • Jul 2002

good QB class this year in college

One of these guys could be our next #1 QB
    They're being compared to the class of '83, we sure did well then (JIMBO)!
    GO BILLS!!!
    Cold BEER,Hot WINGS and Friends.
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

That's quite high praise. Three HOF QBs came from the '83 class.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
      Expert on Experts
      • Jul 2002

This QB class has a LOT of guys with tons of potential. SOme people think there will be up to 9 or ten qb's that go in the first couple rounds.
      Last edited by SoCalBillsFan; 08-24-2002, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• Alluro
        You Don't Stand a Chance !
        • Jul 2002

the Bills should take Drew in the 2nd round...Drew Henson. we might have to wait a year or so for him to flop in baseball but he has john elway type talent

Comment

• Wys Guy
          Drew and Sam stole all my hair
          • Jul 2002

Yeah right!

No, we traded for Drew.

W/ one lone pick in round 2, we have no choice but to take a DT or DE. Anything else, barring some bizarre trade, and TD should get fired before next season even begins.

We can forget about all the top QBs coming out this year however. There's too many other teams that will take them and w/o a first round pick, it just won't happen. That's why I was in favor of beefing up our DL first, grabbing Chandler, and getting a QB next year. Difference of opinion w/ mgt. I guess. Sure doesn't sound like the approach they chose is gonna yield us much though.

Time will tell...
          Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
            • Jul 2002

Besides, if Bledsoe doesn't work out, this will hurt us for years to come.

Drew's our QB now, and it's not gonna be good if he isn't the answer. There's no sense in drafting a QB who's gonna want to start w/ Drew here.

If this trade is gonna work out, you can count on Drew being our starter for at least 5 or 6 seasons.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Buffatexas
              • Aug 2002

I think that the Bills will seek veteran help on defense instead of going through the draft. I think that if Byron Leftwich, QB from Marshall, drops to our pick in the second round, we should take him. Bledsoe is a great leader and I really dont think that Travis Brown would be the "heir apparent"

Comment

• Wys Guy
                • Jul 2002

Hey Buffatexas,

Welcome to the BillsZone!!!

Either way, I just can't see us going for another big name QB as long as Drew's on the team and playing effectively. It simply doesn't make any sense.

Besides, we can't afford to be picky as to where we get DL help. Our problems will have compounded by next offseason since we completely neglected it this offseason.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Buffatexas
                  • Aug 2002

Thanks Wys, I am basing that on the fact that if Bledsoe has a good 3-5 years left in a Bills uniform, we could take a QB and let him learn from Drew so that way when Drew does hang it up, we won't go through a Todd Collins/Rob Johnson/Doug Flutie fiasco.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                    • Jul 2002

We have way too many concerns to be selecting a QB w/ our precious 2nd round pick next year for "grooming" for 5 years from now. Besides, that planning horizon is way too long for the NFL these days. When you draft a player, or pick one up as a FA, you'd better have plans for immediate use (w/in 2 years) or it's simply not worth it unless they're a backup.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                      • Jul 2002

BTW, if Bledsoe isn't what we hope he'll be, that opens up an entirely different scenario. IMO we put all of our eggs in his basket this offseason. Our offseason will be rated on how well Drew plays this year. He really needs to be up there w/ his best seasons and even then he'll need to be more consistent if this trade is going to have been worth it.

Otherwise, we neglected an awful lot of the other aspects of the team in exchange. We could have had two other stellar DL or OL and Chandler, AND a first rounder next year. IMO that'd have been the wiser move. Then drafting a QB next year would have been something to look at. It's not an option now.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

You don't draft a QB to be the starter down the road unless down the road is a year or so away. Look at Drew Brees. You think Marty would have been smart to wait until Flutie retired to start Drew?
                        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• HenryRules
                          • Jul 2002

I don't think we should grab one of the QB's with our second rounder, but judging by the number available this year, it'd be quite reasonable that one of them would still be around come our 3rd or 4th round pick. At this time, I think it'd be great value to grab one of the QB's. 3rd or 4th rounders are normally project picks anyway, and if the QB gets ready earlier, then we can trade him for a 1st rounder in a year or two. Not a bad investment, IMO.

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
                            • Jul 2002

the bills better go after a DT/DE next year...they needed to this year IMO.
                            Its all about the quest.

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

They needed a DT last year. I'm still :angry: at the Rams for snagging Damione Lewis.

Comment

Working...
                              X