PDA

View Full Version : Not good for us Malcom Kelly fans out there!!

bigbub2352
03-11-2008, 11:36 AM
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m...031108aaa.html (http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m...031108aaa.html)

Starting to wonder what is going on with him, he has missed alot of exposure,
Sweed is looking better and better

Tatonka
03-11-2008, 11:45 AM
says the page does work.

Mitchy moo
03-11-2008, 11:47 AM
says the page does work.

See how much exposure he is missing already, LOL.

JJamezz
03-11-2008, 11:52 AM
Because he didn't participate in the team pro day?

Don't players of his caliber usually hold individual pro days?

TigerJ
03-11-2008, 11:55 AM
See if this one works.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/031108aaa.html

Obviously Kelly won't be considered by teams in the first round if he doesn't do a workout.

DraftBoy
03-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Because he didn't participate in the team pro day?

Don't players of his caliber usually hold individual pro days?

Sometimes yes but they also usually will have posted a 40 time, or bench press by now.

PECKERWOOD
03-11-2008, 12:11 PM
At this point I want Limas Sweed.

blackonyx89
03-11-2008, 12:18 PM
At this point I want Limas Sweed.

Something tells me they're going after Sweed. Makes more sense, economically speaking.

eyedog
03-11-2008, 12:20 PM
I'm leary of guys who don't have confidence in their abilities to compete or show what they got.
Why wouldn't he run a 40 at least ? If he knew he would run in the 4.4's or better he would have ran.
Sounds fishy to me.

PECKERWOOD
03-11-2008, 12:46 PM
I'm leary of guys who don't have confidence in their abilities to compete or show what they got.
Why wouldn't he run a 40 at least ? If he knew he would run in the 4.4's or better he would have ran.
Sounds fishy to me.

I don't doubt the man's talent.. However, I'm just more all around impressed by Limas Sweed over Kelly. I feel like Sweed uses his size more effectively than Kelly and I love the way Sweed uses his hands, he is a very natural WR. He proved that he has good speed as well with his insane 40yd time for a man his size, as if the tape didn't already establish that fact. I just got a good feeling about this guy, I'm going with my gut instinct here a little too.

bigbub2352
03-11-2008, 12:50 PM
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...php?pyid=57212 (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...php?pyid=57212)

This was posted in another message board, saying that malcom Kelly will be running soon.

bigbub2352
03-11-2008, 12:51 PM
Why wont my links work? this is what they said

To clear up all of these rumors Malcolm Kelly will NOT be participating in his pro-day today. This is old news and was announced on 02/22/08. He WILL be running and doing drills either later this month or next month. The reason for this is strictly due to injury and rehab. He wants to be 100% before running his drills and 40 time. Right now he's at about 95%. As you know the .10 of a second on your forty due to injury is unacceptable at this time so it was a smart decision to wait until he's 100% ready. He will run, he will catch, he will jump and we will all be there watching. Please stop the rumors...he's not "scared" to run his forty or do positional drills. If he didn't run or do drills he wouldnt even be drafted in the first TWO rounds, much less top 15. Also, for all of you calling him a bust...he hasn't even run yet and we don't know what pick he'll be drafted at. How the heck can you call him a bust. Stop being ridiculous! Thank you and have a good one Bills fans.

eyedog
03-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Well that explains the 40. If he's injured I can see it.

Mitchy moo
03-11-2008, 01:17 PM
When it's time for a show, you need to be 100%. Excuses don't pay the Bills, good times / grades will.

Bone
03-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Im not concerned at all...He will have his individual pro day and wow people.

The Answer
03-11-2008, 03:52 PM
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m...031108aaa.html (http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m...031108aaa.html)

Starting to wonder what is going on with him, he has missed alot of exposure,
Sweed is looking better and better

For anybody interested - The Answer heard from a very reliable colleague among the scouting ranks that Kelly is purposely missing the pro day because his agent advised him to do so due to Kelly's lackluster work ethic and cocky attitude - if exposed these things would definitely lower his stock leading up to the draft.

Also as for Sweed - we better stay far away from him too. Currently have him graded as a 3rd rounder on my draft board and he's tumbling fast.

So let's hope that OBD isn't banking on either Kelly or Sweed to be our answer to the gaping hole at #1 receiver.

~The Answer

Mitchy moo
03-11-2008, 03:57 PM
For anybody interested - The Answer heard from a very reliable colleague among the scouting ranks that Kelly is purposely missing the pro day because his agent advised him to do so due to Kelly's lackluster work ethic and cocky attitude - if exposed these things would definitely lower his stock leading up to the draft.

Also as for Sweed - we better stay far away from him too. Currently have him graded as a 3rd rounder on my draft board and he's tumbling fast.

So let's hope that OBD isn't banking on either Kelly or Sweed to be our answer to the gaping hole at #1 receiver.

~The Answer

Do these dreams become real when you wake up in the morning?

Bruce is Loose
03-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Please elaborate - what dont you like about Sweed?

LifetimeBillsFan
03-12-2008, 04:45 AM
The reason that Kelly isn't running at this point is that he seriously injured his quad early on in Oklahoma's bowl game.

I would rather have him rehab it and be 100% when he runs rather than run now and possibly re-injure it and not be able to take part in the OTAs if the Bills do take him.

The problem with Sweed is that he injured his wrist and missed virtually all of his senior season. He went to the Senior Bowl, but had to pull out after participating in some of the workouts because the wrist wasn't fully healed. He said it was about 65% at the time and, I believe that I read that he recently said that it is 85%, but I don't know if he has done any receiving drills for the scouts--he ran, but didn't catch passes at The Combine.

A quad injury can obviously be a problem for a WR and I must admit that I don't know enough about the injury to know if it is the kind of thing that recurs or if Kelly has a history of that kind of injury or not.

But, having broken a bone in my wrist while playing football in college, I do know that, depending on which bone is broken, it can take a long time to heal, there can be a lingering weakness, and there can be a chance of re-breaking some bones that, if broken again, cannot be then repaired--while I didn't re-break the bone in my wrist, it did take more than 6 months to heal and, to this day, if I bump the area or when the weather changes and gets damp, it will get painful.

I don't know what kind of injury Sweed sustained or which bone he broke, but, obviously, a wrist injury can be a serious problem for a WR if it prevents him from catching the ball or moving his hands into the proper position to catch the ball, especially if there is a significant risk of re-injuring the wrist.

I really like both Kelly and Sweed. Kelly has a bit of Paul Warfield in the way that he seems to just glide under the ball. Sweed reminds me of Roy Williams. I think they are the two most polished, NFL-ready, big WRs in this draft and, if healthy, I would be happy to see either one in a Bills uniform.

But, I really think that the MDs are going to have a big say in which one gets drafted first. Right now, I think Kelly would still be the less risky choice--at least in my mind--because leg injuries, like a quad, can heal and be avoided. And, Kelly has great hands for a college player. Wrist injuries are more tricky. It doesn't matter how fast you can run, how big you are or how well you run your routes if you can't catch the ball because the shock of it hitting your hands sends a jolt (or numbness) through your arm and hand, causing you to drop the ball. I'd really want to know that Sweed's wrist is and will be 100% before I would take him over Kelly at this point. And, only the MDs will know which WR has the better short- and long-term prognosis.

Night Train
03-12-2008, 05:28 AM
There are 2 dozen or more WR options in the Draft. Why some focus on one guy,as if he's the one and only option, is baffling.

colin
03-12-2008, 07:05 AM
i honestly think both guys are gonna be good.

if this makes kelly fall to the second round, we can go DB/Kelly or DE/Kelly, or even DT/Kelly if a monster falls.

that would work out pretty well IMO

X-Era
03-12-2008, 07:11 AM
There are 2 dozen or more WR options in the Draft. Why some focus on one guy,as if he's the one and only option, is baffling.

I wont say hes the only guy, I think others can do the job. I honestly think hes the best draftee for the job.

If you really think there are two dozen #2 WR's in this draft than you dont want to see us upgrade the posititon and you want to see Evans double teamed and inept all next year.

We arent trying to fill the spot with just a warm body, Josh Reed could do that. Were trying to get a guy that will command attention and take some heat off of Evans.

Kelly, Sweed, and maybe Devin Thomas or James Hardy can do that and fit the mold that we want. After that your digging for gems.

Bmax
03-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Until he proves that he can run a 4.4 or better no way i'm taking him at 11...Sweed and Hardy head my wish list at WR...too much time in the hot tub...

BMAX

Confused
03-12-2008, 07:28 PM
Hardy is the man

Oaf
03-12-2008, 10:12 PM
Update:
Chris Brown that Kelly was advised not to run on his pro Day and won't till April 9th. I'm still thinking Sweed.