PDA

View Full Version : Screw the NFLN

Bill Brasky
03-11-2008, 02:08 PM
I had it as part of my package on Dish Network. As of a few weeks ago, they took it off my package. Now NFLN and NFLNHD are pay channels. WTF? Thanks for the notice!!!1

Mitchy moo
03-11-2008, 02:12 PM
The Bills will probably be on there 2 times this season, not in HD though.

hydro
03-11-2008, 02:14 PM
I had it as part of my package on Dish Network. As of a few weeks ago, they took it off my package. Now NFLN and NFLNHD are pay channels. WTF? Thanks for the notice!!!1
I still get NFLN and I have DishNetwork with the Americas Top 200 package. :idunno:

SquishDaFish
03-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Hate to tell you this...Acc I love to say this. ITS NOT NFLNETWORKS FAULT!! Your cable co or sat co decides if they want to add it to the pay channel. NFLNetwork doesnt want the cable co to add them to the pay channel list that is the problem they were having with comcast and time warner.

THATHURMANATOR
03-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Not entirely true. The NFLN is charging cable and satellite companies way more to carry their channel than other networks.

RockStar36
03-11-2008, 03:20 PM
They are both at fault.

realdealryan
03-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Comcast did that a year ago. You're lucky.

Bill Brasky
03-11-2008, 03:26 PM
I could really care less, honestly. I am just pissed that I am paying for HD and over the course of the last year they have systematically taken more channels off than they've added. I never really watched the NFLNHD because all they did was re-air Patriot slaughters.

Michael82
03-11-2008, 03:35 PM
Not entirely true. The NFLN is charging cable and satellite companies way more to carry their channel than other networks.
EXACTLY! :bf1:

The Spaz
03-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Comcast dropped nfln from there regular package and now you have to buy the sports package to get it.

gr8slayer
03-11-2008, 03:52 PM
Get over it, it's a service not a right. Get DirecTV if you don't like it.

THATHURMANATOR
03-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Get over it, it's a service not a right. Get DirecTV if you don't like it.
Can't you have Jerry Jones look into this for us?

SquishDaFish
03-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Direct TV is better anyway. Pretty much same price for more HD and FREE NFLNetwork. Not to mention football package

Jan Reimers
03-11-2008, 04:04 PM
I wouldn't have anything other than DirecTV. As long as they have the monopoly on the NFL Sunday Ticket, that is.

gr8slayer
03-11-2008, 04:05 PM
Can't you have Jerry Jones look into this for us?
Oh you and your inferiority complex....

Bill Brasky
03-11-2008, 04:30 PM
when i got dish, direct tv had half the amount of HD stations. i only have a few months left on my contract anyways. i would expect nothing less than the responses here :rolleyes:

gr8slayer
03-11-2008, 04:36 PM
when i got dish, direct tv had half the amount of HD stations. i only have a few months left on my contract anyways. i would expect nothing less than the responses here :rolleyes:
Exactly what were you expecting? By the way, get used to it because no matter who you're with your going to start seeing a lot less channels offered on the regular packages.

SquishDaFish
03-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Direct TV is launching another sat in April or May I think. Which is for HD and HD locals. So more HD even though they are tops now.

Bill Brasky
03-11-2008, 08:47 PM
Exactly what were you expecting? By the way, get used to it because no matter who you're with your going to start seeing a lot less channels offered on the regular packages.

thanks for the heads up!!!1 i was completely clueless!!!1

OpIv37
03-11-2008, 08:54 PM

call up and *****- DirecTV did the same thing with some of my HD channels so I called and complained- they gave me 3 months free. Granted, it's only 3 months and then I'll either end up dropping them or paying extra (probably dropping), but at least I had 3 months notice to decide.

Mitchy moo
03-11-2008, 09:01 PM
call up and *****- DirecTV did the same thing with some of my HD channels so I called and complained- they gave me 3 months free. Granted, it's only 3 months and then I'll either end up dropping them or paying extra (probably dropping), but at least I had 3 months notice to decide.

Squeaky wheel works, no doubt.

colin
03-12-2008, 07:13 AM
i have time warner in NYC.

expensive and garbage. i get no NFLN no sunday ticket nothing.

although i am not a pro gv't guy by any means, since the gov buys the nfl stadiums and gives them a pass on the anti trust, then they should say that a monopoly on the direct tv service is junk and force the nfl to allow all cable providers to offer it.

the fcc is the reason why we have this crappy cable tv situation, they should either f@ck off and let us get it all on the net (and put the cable companies in the ground) or at least not let them totally F@CK us

Bill Brasky
03-12-2008, 11:15 AM
i have time warner in NYC.

expensive and garbage. i get no NFLN no sunday ticket nothing.

although i am not a pro gv't guy by any means, since the gov buys the nfl stadiums and gives them a pass on the anti trust, then they should say that a monopoly on the direct tv service is junk and force the nfl to allow all cable providers to offer it.

the fcc is the reason why we have this crappy cable tv situation, they should either f@ck off and let us get it all on the net (and put the cable companies in the ground) or at least not let them totally F@CK us

why not optimum? i had it when i lived down there and it was probably the best cable deal i've ever had.

Johnny Bugmenot
03-12-2008, 12:35 PM

I think ESPN would beg to differ...

superbills
03-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Direct TV is launching another sat in April or May I think. Which is for HD and HD locals. So more HD even though they are tops now.

March 17th actually. DirecTV 11 will be launching from a pad located in the Pacific Ocean.

http://www.sea-launch.com/current_launch.htm

Bill Brasky
03-12-2008, 01:09 PM
I think ESPN would beg to differ...

ESPN! that's because ESPN sucks. ESPN! the worldwide leader in sports ESPN!

thank god for the internet. it's allowed me to not have to watch that crap for a few years now! does anybody still give them the time of day? :idunno:

colin
03-12-2008, 04:12 PM
why not optimum? i had it when i lived down there and it was probably the best cable deal i've ever had.

soooo many buildings in manhattan are old and only have equipment for one provider.

sucks

realdealryan
03-13-2008, 03:08 PM
Bills 'state of the franchise' on Total Access tonight.

hydro
03-13-2008, 03:13 PM
Bills 'state of the franchise' on Total Access tonight.

Nice! Thanks for the heads up.

realdealryan
03-13-2008, 08:27 PM
I watched the ad earlier during lunch, and I went to DVR it tonight and it says f**kin Bengals!

Fake out. Or the program guide is wrong.

hydro
03-13-2008, 08:29 PM
I missed the 7pm airing anyway. I was going to DVR it at 10:30p but I guess that is going to be unneccessary

gr8slayer
03-13-2008, 08:30 PM
I saw the commercial earlier in the day and it said the Bills.

hydro
03-13-2008, 08:37 PM
Ok, well I will just record it anyway. An find out for myself.

Marvelous
03-16-2008, 03:18 AM
NFLN is ,yu favorite channel now. I rarely turn it off.. Great for the backround if i'm playing Madden or working etc etc... Marshal Faulk is on my last nerve though..

Spiderweb
03-17-2008, 12:54 AM
Hate to tell you this...Acc I love to say this. ITS NOT NFLNETWORKS FAULT!! Your cable co or sat co decides if they want to add it to the pay channel. NFLNetwork doesnt want the cable co to add them to the pay channel list that is the problem they were having with comcast and time warner.

Before you begin to babble, maybe you should have looked into the Dishnetwork's position a bit further. Seems they had a legitimate beef in that they carried the channel on their AT100 package last year, however when the NFLN decided to share the Pats game (I believe) with the networks, that broke the deal that Dishnetwork signed on for, which was that their games were not shared with the Broadcast Networks. The NFL has promptly filed suit against Dishnetwork over the lost revenue (millions). From what I see, the NFLN broke the deal, not Dishnetwork. With that said though, it does seem unfair for Dishnetwork to crop the channel from a lower priced tier/package when many signed up with it part of the AT100.

With the NFL channel now draining games from the Broadcast Networks, what's to stop them from getting a bit peeved as well? Also, one would believe this channel does quite well with advertising revenues and could easily be offered to the cable and satellite providers for free, increasing the viewer base, thus making their advertising revenues even that mush better.

Advertisers pay for viewers, and the more that view....still a valid business mode. But, no, the NFLN wants even more..... It's the NFL greed rearing it's ugly head, yet again.

I have the Dishnetwork's AT200 package and still have the NFLN channels, yet it still was a crappy thing the Dishnetwork did to its AT100 subscribers.

colin
03-17-2008, 12:13 PM
i wish they would just show tv on the net. who cares who the provider is? i should be able to just get the channels w advertising on the web. i'll tivo them and cut the commercials.