PDA

View Full Version : Justin Hartwig

Nighthawk
03-11-2008, 06:42 PM
I would not mind seeing this guy signed to address our Center position on the OL. He has size and is a very good player being pushed out for salary cap reasons and to make room for Kalil (a very good player out of USC), who was drafted last year. He wouldn't break the bank, so I would think that would make him a good fit for the Bills FO.

Jayhawk
03-11-2008, 07:30 PM
yes! Hartwig is a must.

for the simple fact that he's a Jayhawk Alumn like me :D

YardRat
03-11-2008, 07:35 PM
Do I have to change my username to YardHawk to be eligible to post in this thread, or am I OK as is.

Nighthawk
03-11-2008, 07:41 PM
Do I have to change my username to YardHawk to be eligible to post in this thread, or am I OK as is.

I like the ring of that...you're now officially YARDHAWK!

YardRat
03-11-2008, 08:18 PM
It doesn't sound that bad, really...I'll have to think about this.

I'd take Hartwig in a second if he isn't looking for a big payday...He's good enough to possibly push Fowler at center, plus he's played guard and tackle...Pretty versatile, and that's a good thing.

don137
03-12-2008, 07:01 AM
Hartwig never did really good in Carolina...He had a few injuries and did not perform any better than average at center. Carolina had the same success as Buffalo in short yardage situations. Never got the push upfront which resulted in not getting the yard they needed.
Carolina cutting him actually cost them money instead of saving them money. I'd say at this point he is on par with or maybe a tad better than Fowler but just by a slim margin.

jamze132
03-12-2008, 09:41 AM
I think he could step onto the field for the first time and send Fowler to the pine.

ryjam282
03-12-2008, 12:04 PM
It's funny, I thought the exact same thing when I saw that on the bottom line of the ESPN ticker this morning. If we don't at least give him a look then the front office is 100% nuts. He would be an instant upgrade to Fowler and would shore up the middle of the line. Please, someone bring him in for at least a talking too.

Hell, just call his agent. Just let us know you are making some kind of effort....