PDA

View Full Version : OT. A Classy finfan.

justasportsfan
04-11-2003, 02:36 PM
Although most finfans did give their sympathies ,Here is what one had to say re: Buttler's passing away.

FINFAN38
"I think someone needs to get their proirities right. We all have to die some time, but football is forever. The important thing here is to try and take advantage to the situation. Be nice to SD and act like we get a crap, while pushing though a trade that would give us Seau for a bargin. Shoot, maybe we can put in a clause in small writing where we can get Quintin Jammer in the deal for a 7th round pick as well. }:-) "

I would've hit him in a hearbeat.

Mr. Miyagi
04-11-2003, 03:18 PM
Classy FinFan? What an oxymoron.

Schobel94
04-11-2003, 03:18 PM
What a jackass, I hope when we play the fins Henry runs right over Seau.

dolfan25
04-11-2003, 03:48 PM
What's funny is how both Fins and Bills fans have this compulsion to run back to the protection of their team's site anytime a fan of the opposing team says anything that is offensive or just plain stupid, as if he speaks for all those team's fans. It's like a bunch of girls running home to their mommies with their panties in a bunch.

Of course what this guy said was stupid, but it doesn't symbolize what all Fin fans think and no matter what you say it probably is a joke(not a funny one) but a joke nonetheless. Funny how you don't mention that right after he said this Fin fans were saying how inappropriate and ignorant his remarks were. One-sided reporting on your part. Maybe you can get a job with the Iraqi Information Ministry(j/k)

What I find amusing, and I know I'm going to get ripped for this, is how Butler has been ripped a new one on most Bills fans sites for 2 years now but now that he died Bills fans are minimizing just how much they villified him these past couple of years. Kinda like how Cher tore Sonny Bono to pieces for 25 years every chance she got but once he died she was ballin at his funeral, Please.

My opinion on Butler was a lot higher than a lot of Bills fans. I think he did an excellent job with the Bills and like someone said earlier if not for homerun throwback the Bills might've won it all. He saw an opportunity and went for it, if it had paid off it would've been bedlam in Buffalo. I also think Ralph had more to do with the salary cap mess than he is given credit for. I'm not sure if it's true but I suspect that Ralph pressured John into signing Flutie to the big contract after '98 and that was the main cause of the cap problems. Paying 2 QB's about 11 or 12 million is too much. Rob Johnson, now that was a bad decision on Butler's part.

Hopefully he's in a better place and I think you get Sunday Ticket for free in heaven. At least that would be my heaven.

don137
04-11-2003, 04:10 PM
I am pretty sure most fans realize that what that idiot said is not the sediment of all Dolphin fans. It sure is a sad statement.
Dolfan, I think you were missing the point with Bills fans. Fans were upset at the cap situation Butler did while he was here as well as his last couple of drafts here. They criticized him for his ability to work the salary cap. Other than his last few drafts here most every fan thought he was an excellant evaulator of talent. One may of attacked him as a capologist but they didn't attack him as a human being. Bills fans agree he was an nice compassionate human being. When his wife was in a car accident a couple years ago Bills fans showed their true colors in their outpouring of support about John Butler the person. He will be missed deeply. He was a fine young man.

Dozerdog
04-11-2003, 04:15 PM
Anyone who can't figure that out is an idiot.

Great post, Don!

SACKMARINO
04-11-2003, 04:17 PM
THAT IS AS CLASSLESS AS THEY COME. HE GIVES FINS FANS A BAD NAME!

dolfan25
04-11-2003, 04:37 PM
Come on Don let's not minimize what was said after John left Buffalo. When he went to San Diego a lot of Bills fans were saying they were happy he was gone and now he would go ruin the Chargers. I read a lot of disparaging remarks about him and his weight. Bills fans agree about him being a nice compassionate human being, well they didn't really care about that for the last 2 years until today.

Butler's criticism on his cap handling when you think about it is also somewhat misguided. Heck the cap came in, I think during the '93 season and the Bills were consistent winners until 2000 and didn't really pay until the 2001 season. That's 6 or 7 years of consistent winning without going into cap jail. When you look at it Tom Donahoe had the same situation he won for 6 or 7 years with the Steelers but the cap cost him too many free agents and the Steelers had down years from '98 to 2000. Every team that wins has cap problems but Butler was made the scapegoat for the Bills because they never won it all. Heck the Boys and Niners were much worse but they won the big one so all is forgiven.

The_Philster
04-11-2003, 04:45 PM
The big reason he was made the scapegoat is because he bolted right when he knew the going was getting rough. He overpayed for talent quite a bit and mortgaged the future on a regular basis. We didn't complain so much about it back then because people didn't understand the cap as well. You could almost use that argument in his behalf except that, one...he was paid to know about it...and two, he kept doing it in San Diego.

Big Dave
04-11-2003, 04:47 PM
Come on now, the guy's a jerk that said that. I'm sure you had other kind notes from Dolphins fans you can talk about. Why pull out the one idiot in the whole batch?

My deepest sympathies to all Bills fans.

Big Dave
My Dolphins Web Site:
http://www4.ncsu.edu/unity/users/d/dwblake/www/frames.html

lordofgun
04-11-2003, 04:49 PM
Welcome Big Dave! There are exceptions to every rule, and it appears you're one of them. ;)

Tatonka
04-11-2003, 05:03 PM
a lot of bills fans did make a lot of very mean remarks.. about more than just his job performance.. i saw a lions share of jokes about his weight, ect..

no one wanted him to die. period.

justasportsfan
04-11-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by dolfan25
What's funny is how both Fins and Bills fans have this compulsion to run back to the protection of their team's site anytime a fan of the opposing team says anything that is offensive or just plain stupid, as if he speaks for all those team's fans. It's like a bunch of girls running home to their mommies with their panties in a bunch.

Of course what this guy said was stupid, but it doesn't symbolize what all Fin fans think and no matter what you say it probably is a joke(not a funny one) but a joke nonetheless. Funny how you don't mention that right after he said this Fin fans were saying how inappropriate and ignorant his remarks were. One-sided reporting on your part. Maybe you can get a job with the Iraqi Information Ministry(j/k)

Get your facts straight. This is the first time I've done this and I didn't state what website and I said 1 finfan. I also stated "most finfans gave their sympathies"

I just got back to BZ as well and yes he got blasted by other finfans. A joke? Like I said with sarcasm "Class".

dolfan25
04-11-2003, 09:41 PM
I have my facts straight. I didn't say you were the one who did it all the time but there always seems to be a "Guess what so and so said" about whatever team on both boards.

Yeah most fin fans gave their sympathies but you felt compelled to post about the one that didn't. Weird behavior if you ask me. Even on the day your teams former GM died you still felt the need to poke fun at a Fins fan.

lordofgun
04-11-2003, 09:47 PM
There's never a bad day to make fun of fin fans....never.

dolfan25
04-11-2003, 10:07 PM
Finally someone with a sense of humor.

iceblizzard69
04-12-2003, 03:07 PM
You do a good job at spinning a story with that post justafan. You probably should have posted a link to the thread, because this finfan38 guy was the only one to say something stupid and everyone was calling him out. You did an excellent job by only posting the one stupid, negative post, while leaving everything else out or giving it very little mention.

Banamaniac
04-12-2003, 04:40 PM
Yah, way to go you big bully!

justasportsfan
04-14-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
You do a good job at spinning a story with that post justafan. You probably should have posted a link to the thread, because this finfan38 guy was the only one to say something stupid and everyone was calling him out. You did an excellent job by only posting the one stupid, negative post, while leaving everything else out or giving it very little mention.

Ice, the reason why I didn't post a link is because the last thing you guys need is more billsfans going to the board when there have been complaints about our posting over there. I did however say he got blasted by other finfans and the others gave their sympathies. I called out only one fins post. It was the dumbest and classless joke (if it was even a joke) I've seen in any website.

EricStratton
04-14-2003, 07:52 AM
Is FH open for buisiness or am I on one of those wacky secret bans?

justasportsfan
04-14-2003, 08:32 AM
Just tried to check it. It's working fine. Did it say you are banned? Did you tell them you were French ? :snicker2:

EricStratton
04-14-2003, 08:52 AM
I just can't get on, the page won't load from work but it's fine from my at home computer.

Dozerdog
04-14-2003, 09:00 AM
Sounds like work is blocking your access

EricStratton
04-14-2003, 09:07 AM
No, if work does it I get a message to that effect.