PDA

View Full Version : Fox sports rumor: Boldin is on the block....

Mitchy moo
03-12-2008, 07:44 AM
According to fox sports Boldin needs to take way less than what Fitz just got and he vetoed that.

Ickybaluky
03-12-2008, 07:55 AM
Unless you have a link, Scooby, this is just reckless and misleading. It is kind of tiring that you post this crap every time there is some rumor.

There has been nothing out of Arizona about Boldin being on the block. Zip. Nada.

Now, I think it is natural to speculate. Boldin's agent is Drew Rosenhaus. He is under contract for 3 more years at $2.5 (2008), $2.75M (2009) and $3M (2010). He is going to want a new deal. However, Arizona knew about this when they signed Fitzgerald. Nobody, either from the team or Boldin himself, has said anything.

Boldin is a terrific player, one of the best WR in the NFL. However, there isn't any indication he will be traded. Or Roy Williams. Or Chad Johnson. None.

Mahdi
03-12-2008, 08:00 AM
Unless you have a link, Scooby, this is just reckless and misleading. It is kind of tiring that you post this crap every time there is some rumor.

There has been nothing out of Arizona about Boldin being on the block. Zip. Nada.

Now, I think it is natural to speculate. Boldin's agent is Drew Rosenhaus. He is under contract for 3 more years at $2.5 (2008), $2.75M (2009) and $3M (2010). He is going to want a new deal. However, Arizona knew about this when they signed Fitzgerald. Nobody, either from the team or Boldin himself, has said anything.

Boldin is a terrific player, one of the best WR in the NFL. However, there isn't any indication he will be traded. Or Roy Williams. Or Chad Johnson. None.
There is nothing concrete but there are rumblings that Boldin is unhappy...

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2078

Jan Reimers
03-12-2008, 08:01 AM
This is a message board, not the New York Times. Come to think of it, the Times' liberal bias is far more reckless and misleading than anything Skooby does.

Mr. Miyagi
03-12-2008, 08:01 AM
Yeah but then we wouldn't have anything to talk about.

Well I guess we can always fall back on laughing at the 19-0 Patriots.

SquishDaFish
03-12-2008, 08:08 AM
Skooby I see NEs point dont make the title decalring it as real news say rumor is or something.

Ickybaluky
03-12-2008, 08:09 AM
Skooby I see NEs point dont make the title decalring it as real news say rumor is or something.

Exactly.

Mitchy moo
03-12-2008, 08:09 AM
There is nothing concrete but there are rumblings that Boldin is unhappy...

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2078

Thx, I am on my phone and cannot cut & paste. It's funny to get cut down before anyone tries to look it up, esp... By 18-1.

SquishDaFish
03-12-2008, 08:14 AM
Whats funny is that link says nothing about him being on the Block Skooby. It says some teams might call them on him thats all bro

Mr. Miyagi
03-12-2008, 08:15 AM
This is a message board, not the New York Times. Come to think of it, the Times' liberal bias is far more reckless and misleading than anything Skooby does.
Well said.

Mitchy moo
03-12-2008, 08:18 AM
Whats funny is that link says nothing about him being on the Block Skooby. It says some teams might call them on him thats all bro

It was on Fox sports radio last night, it maybe up on their site.

clumping platelets
03-12-2008, 08:54 AM
:popcorn:

Mahdi
03-12-2008, 09:04 AM
POSTED 10:30 p.m. EDT, March 11, 2008

ANQUAN BOLTIN'?

Now that the Cardinals have locked up receiver Larry Fitzgerald at a more affordable (or, as the case may be, less unaffordable) price over the next four seasons, they might have to deal with another thorny issue at the position.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Anquan Boldin could want more money and/or a trade in the wake of Fitzgerald's $10 million-per-year contract.

Per Schefter, some in the Cardinals organization actually regard Boldin as the better wideout. But Boldin will make far, far less than Fitzgerald over the next three seasons -- he's due to earn base salaries of $2.5 million, $2.75 million, $3 million.

In our view, Fitzgerald and Boldin together is a luxury that the Cardinals don't need, especially with coach Ken Whisenhunt presumably trying to bring a Pittsburgh-style power running vibe to the desert.

Assuming that the Cardinals have a plan (which could be a dangerous assumption because we're talking about, you know, the Cardinals), the huge deal given to Fitzgerald should be regarded as evidence that they've opted to keep Fitzgerald over the long haul, and to get what they can for Boldin.

Throw in the fact that Boldin is represented by Drew Rosenhaus, and the stage is set for Boldin to start making noise about moving on.

Possible destinations are Philly, Dallas, and the Redskins.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Interesting... I would love to have this guy obviously... most physical WR in the game right now IMO. Bills coaches should also love the fact that he is one of the best blocking WRs in the NFL. I would give up a 2nd and a 4th as well if need be.

FlyingDutchman
03-12-2008, 09:16 AM
Thx, I am on my phone and cannot cut & paste.

Is that REALLY your excuse? Im with NE, kinda getting sick of this board being clogged with crap skoob. I dont mind your posts so much, but there is an average of 5 threads a day on here usually started by you, and to be perfectly honest, more times than not they are crap threads. Example, I could give a rip what jersey you buy next. Nothing personal.

Mitchy moo
03-12-2008, 09:18 AM
This might also explain BJ's hesitation to join the Bills, he may become # 2 WR for the cards.

POSTED 10:30 p.m. EDT, March 11, 2008

ANQUAN BOLTIN'?

Now that the Cardinals have locked up receiver Larry Fitzgerald at a more affordable (or, as the case may be, less unaffordable) price over the next four seasons, they might have to deal with another thorny issue at the position.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Anquan Boldin could want more money and/or a trade in the wake of Fitzgerald's $10 million-per-year contract.

Per Schefter, some in the Cardinals organization actually regard Boldin as the better wideout. But Boldin will make far, far less than Fitzgerald over the next three seasons -- he's due to earn base salaries of $2.5 million, $2.75 million, $3 million.

In our view, Fitzgerald and Boldin together is a luxury that the Cardinals don't need, especially with coach Ken Whisenhunt presumably trying to bring a Pittsburgh-style power running vibe to the desert.

Assuming that the Cardinals have a plan (which could be a dangerous assumption because we're talking about, you know, the Cardinals), the huge deal given to Fitzgerald should be regarded as evidence that they've opted to keep Fitzgerald over the long haul, and to get what they can for Boldin.

Throw in the fact that Boldin is represented by Drew Rosenhaus, and the stage is set for Boldin to start making noise about moving on.

Possible destinations are Philly, Dallas, and the Redskins.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Interesting... I would love to have this guy obviously... most physical WR in the game right now IMO. Bills coaches should also love the fact that he is one of the best blocking WRs in the NFL. I would give up a 2nd and a 4th as well if need be.

Mahdi
03-12-2008, 09:23 AM
This might also explain BJ's hesitation to join the Bills, he may become # 2 WR for the cards.
The delay could be one of 3 reasons:

Bills are still negotiating with Evans and have agreed with Johnson that they will take care of him afterwards

Bills waiting to see if Boldin will be available for trade

Johnson taking his time and evaluating options... which I doubt because most FAs dont like to be on the market this long...

madness
03-12-2008, 09:41 AM
If Boldin is really available, which I doubt, I expect the Bills to go all in. Especially when we might have the extra ace up our sleeve.

>>Mel Kiper, the draft guru, missed on this one, but there's no shame there. Just about everyone, including to a lesser degree the Arizona Cardinals, misjudged Anquan Boldin. "His speed is a question mark, only running in the 4.7 range," Kiper had said as he sized up the college draft of wide receivers...

The same questions about Boldin's speed came up in the Cardinals' predraft meetings until receivers coach Tyke Tolbert, who was an assistant at Florida last season, stepped in: "I told them, `Trust me. Do not worry about this man's 40 time. He plays faster than the clock.'

"I've watched him since he was playing in high school in Pahokee. I saw him playing for Florida State when I was an assistant to Terry Bowden at Auburn. I know that after just three games he's wowing people. But nothing he has done surprises me."<<

Let's see... He's big, he's fast, has an excellent work ethic, plays through injuries and gives 110% on every play... oh and did I mention he's considered an extremely loyal player? This guy has high character inscribed in his DNA.

As soon as he becomes available, they best be getting on the phone.

HAMMER
03-12-2008, 10:06 AM
If Boldin is really available, which I doubt, I expect the Bills to go all in. Especially when we might have the extra ace up our sleeve.

Let's see... He's big, he's fast, has an excellent work ethic, plays through injuries and gives 110% on every play... oh and did I mention he's considered an extremely loyal player? This guy has high character inscribed in his DNA.

We have our own stud receiver to worry about locking up, there is only so much money to go around at each position. I would be surprised if the Bills sign any new receivers at this point unless they feel they can't retain Evans. Look for the draft to be where we fill our #2 WR slot.

Mitchy moo
03-12-2008, 10:08 AM

I feel the same way, this cat would secure our WR core with Lee there.

Ickybaluky
03-12-2008, 10:10 AM
LINK (http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/KentSomers/19116)

The focus will be on taking care of their own. Adam Schefter of NFL.com writes today that the Cardinals attention will turn now to receiver Anquan Boldin, who makes far less now than Fitzgerald. He also speculates that Boldin could be a subject of trade inquiries and rumors.

I would be surprised if the Cardinals traded Boldin. Along with strong safety Adrian Wilson, he's the soul of this team. When management meets with college scouts to describe the type of player they want to draft, they essentially point to No. 81 and say, "Get us more of this type of guy."

As good as Fitzgerald is, he's not a leader on this team. Boldin is. The Cardinals would be foolish to trade him.

But, Anquan is human, I think. None of us like to be paid far less than someone of comparable talent doing the same job. His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, will want a new deal. The Cardinals approached Boldin about it last season, but their offer wasn't enough to interest him.

SquishDaFish
03-12-2008, 10:12 AM
Thats what I figured NE

Mitchy moo
03-12-2008, 10:19 AM
We have our own stud receiver to worry about locking up, there is only so much money to go around at each position. I would be surprised if the Bills sign any new receivers at this point unless they feel they can't retain Evans. Look for the draft to be where we fill our #2 WR slot.

I feel that Lee would go to # 2 if Boldin comes here. We also could retain Lee's services for 2 more years, one by contract and one by franchising him. We still draft a WR in the 3rd round and groom him to take over our #2 spot when the time is right.

HAMMER
03-12-2008, 10:23 AM
I feel that Lee would go to # 2 if Boldin comes here. We also could retain Lee's services for 2 more years, one by contract and one by franchising him. We still draft a WR in the 3rd round and groom him to take over our #2 spot when the time is right.

This is possible but....when does it end with you? Every time there is a shiney new penny on the market you have to have it. You can't have them all Skooby.

SquishDaFish
03-12-2008, 10:25 AM
Hammer you should start a rep thread for that :lmao:

Mitchy moo
03-12-2008, 10:49 AM
This is possible but....when does it end with you? Every time there is a shiney new penny on the market you have to have it. You can't have them all Skooby.

I didn't care which of the receivers the Bills get from Arizona, it's fairly obvious that they will not be able to keep all 3. BJ is MIA, Fitz just signed and AB is not going to be happy making 28% of his team mate doing the same job. If AB wants out lets give him some big money up front and keep his annual cost low to us for 5 years. We wouldn't need to draft a WR then and could focus on other needs with our picks. I realize that AZ would want a 2nd & 4th but they would take a 3rd and 4th which leaves us our 1st and 2nd to find 2 good players.

The Jokeman
03-12-2008, 10:55 AM
AB is a great player when healthy and would welcome the chance to bring him here. If AZ wants a 2nd and a 4th I say give them a 2nd this year and 2009 4th.

Mitchy moo
03-12-2008, 10:56 AM
AB is a great player when healthy and would welcome the chance to bring him here. If AZ wants a 2nd and a 4th I say give them a 2nd this year and 2009 4th.

I like that better, good call!! :respect:

Mitchy moo
03-12-2008, 11:17 AM
Our first for AB and AZ 2nd would work as well. It would give us a chance to draft a Lee replacement that we can groom over the next few years.

FlyingDutchman
03-12-2008, 11:53 AM
How about who cares because hes not coming here, this is a pointless discussion.

AssphawN
03-12-2008, 11:56 AM
Can't believe the Bears got Marty Booker... chit! Why were the Bills sleeping on him???

hydro
03-12-2008, 11:58 AM
Can't believe the Bears got Marty Booker... chit! Why were the Bills sleeping on him???

Because he is an old has been?

acehole
03-12-2008, 01:39 PM
hahaha in your face skoob

hahah

PECKERWOOD
03-12-2008, 01:56 PM
I would give up a 1st and 4th round pick for Boldin.

Mitchy moo
03-12-2008, 02:12 PM
I would give up a 1st and 4th round pick for Boldin.

That might work as well.

colin
03-12-2008, 04:10 PM
i would give up a 2nd and a conditional 09 pick (plenty for AB considering what stud DTs just went for).

if the bills sign him, they can actually swing having evans and ab. AB would be a bit like moulds was, so evans would have his game opened up by having him here. if we sign em both, we lock up our firepower for years to come.

how sick would it be if our foray into FA every year was just resigning our guys, and drafting late in each round?

Mitchy moo
03-12-2008, 04:21 PM
i would give up a 2nd and a conditional 09 pick (plenty for AB considering what stud DTs just went for).

if the bills sign him, they can actually swing having evans and ab. AB would be a bit like moulds was, so evans would have his game opened up by having him here. if we sign em both, we lock up our firepower for years to come.

how sick would it be if our foray into FA every year was just resigning our guys, and drafting late in each round?

I'd like it.

YardRat
03-12-2008, 06:29 PM
This is a trade I'd be all over, much more so than Fitz. Maybe the Stroud move will be a factor in our favor if the rumor ever really approaches reality.

yordad
03-12-2008, 10:16 PM
I still think if you signed a contract, you shouldn't "demand" an extention or raise until there is only one year left.

Oaf
03-12-2008, 10:27 PM
The Arizona Republic's Kent Somers does not believe WR Anquan Boldin will be traded.
Somers speaks glowingly about Boldin, calling him the "soul of the team" and more of a leader than Larry Fitzgerald. When the Cardinals speak to college scouts, they hold up Boldin as the ideal template for players they want. Regardless of trade possibilities, agent Drew Rosenhaus will want a new deal.
Source: Arizona Republic (http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/KentSomers/)

Come on Skoobs..
(http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/KentSomers/)