Fox sports rumor: Boldin is on the block....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Fox sports rumor: Boldin is on the block....

According to fox sports Boldin needs to take way less than what Fitz just got and he vetoed that.
    Last edited by Mitchy moo; 03-12-2008, 08:15 AM.
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Unless you have a link, Scooby, this is just reckless and misleading. It is kind of tiring that you post this crap every time there is some rumor.

There has been nothing out of Arizona about Boldin being on the block. Zip. Nada.

Now, I think it is natural to speculate. Boldin's agent is Drew Rosenhaus. He is under contract for 3 more years at $2.5 (2008), $2.75M (2009) and $3M (2010). He is going to want a new deal. However, Arizona knew about this when they signed Fitzgerald. Nobody, either from the team or Boldin himself, has said anything.

Boldin is a terrific player, one of the best WR in the NFL. However, there isn't any indication he will be traded. Or Roy Williams. Or Chad Johnson. None.

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by NE39
      Unless you have a link, Scooby, this is just reckless and misleading. It is kind of tiring that you post this crap every time there is some rumor.

There has been nothing out of Arizona about Boldin being on the block. Zip. Nada.

Now, I think it is natural to speculate. Boldin's agent is Drew Rosenhaus. He is under contract for 3 more years at $2.5 (2008), $2.75M (2009) and $3M (2010). He is going to want a new deal. However, Arizona knew about this when they signed Fitzgerald. Nobody, either from the team or Boldin himself, has said anything.

Boldin is a terrific player, one of the best WR in the NFL. However, there isn't any indication he will be traded. Or Roy Williams. Or Chad Johnson. None.
      There is nothing concrete but there are rumblings that Boldin is unhappy...

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

This is a message board, not the New York Times. Come to think of it, the Times' liberal bias is far more reckless and misleading than anything Skooby does.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Yeah but then we wouldn't have anything to talk about.

Well I guess we can always fall back on laughing at the 19-0 Patriots.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
            • Jun 2005

Skooby I see NEs point dont make the title decalring it as real news say rumor is or something.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by BEASTMODE
              Skooby I see NEs point dont make the title decalring it as real news say rumor is or something.
              Exactly.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi
                There is nothing concrete but there are rumblings that Boldin is unhappy...

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=2078

Thx, I am on my phone and cannot cut & paste. It's funny to get cut down before anyone tries to look it up, esp... By 18-1.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                  Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                  • Jun 2005

Whats funny is that link says nothing about him being on the Block Skooby. It says some teams might call them on him thats all bro

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                    This is a message board, not the New York Times. Come to think of it, the Times' liberal bias is far more reckless and misleading than anything Skooby does.
                    Well said.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by BEASTMODE
                      Whats funny is that link says nothing about him being on the Block Skooby. It says some teams might call them on him thats all bro
                      It was on Fox sports radio last night, it maybe up on their site.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Comment

• Mahdi
                          • Mar 2004

POSTED 10:30 p.m. EDT, March 11, 2008

ANQUAN BOLTIN'?

Now that the Cardinals have locked up receiver Larry Fitzgerald at a more affordable (or, as the case may be, less unaffordable) price over the next four seasons, they might have to deal with another thorny issue at the position.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Anquan Boldin could want more money and/or a trade in the wake of Fitzgerald's $10 million-per-year contract.

Per Schefter, some in the Cardinals organization actually regard Boldin as the better wideout. But Boldin will make far, far less than Fitzgerald over the next three seasons -- he's due to earn base salaries of $2.5 million, $2.75 million, $3 million.

In our view, Fitzgerald and Boldin together is a luxury that the Cardinals don't need, especially with coach Ken Whisenhunt presumably trying to bring a Pittsburgh-style power running vibe to the desert.

Assuming that the Cardinals have a plan (which could be a dangerous assumption because we're talking about, you know, the Cardinals), the huge deal given to Fitzgerald should be regarded as evidence that they've opted to keep Fitzgerald over the long haul, and to get what they can for Boldin.

Throw in the fact that Boldin is represented by Drew Rosenhaus, and the stage is set for Boldin to start making noise about moving on.

Possible destinations are Philly, Dallas, and the Redskins.

Find all the latest ProFootballTalk news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

Interesting... I would love to have this guy obviously... most physical WR in the game right now IMO. Bills coaches should also love the fact that he is one of the best blocking WRs in the NFL. I would give up a 2nd and a 4th as well if need be.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
                            Thx, I am on my phone and cannot cut & paste.
                            Is that REALLY your excuse? Im with NE, kinda getting sick of this board being clogged with crap skoob. I dont mind your posts so much, but there is an average of 5 threads a day on here usually started by you, and to be perfectly honest, more times than not they are crap threads. Example, I could give a rip what jersey you buy next. Nothing personal.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                              Roways rooking ahread!
                              • Sep 2005

This might also explain BJ's hesitation to join the Bills, he may become # 2 WR for the cards.

Originally posted by Mahdi
                              POSTED 10:30 p.m. EDT, March 11, 2008

ANQUAN BOLTIN'?

Now that the Cardinals have locked up receiver Larry Fitzgerald at a more affordable (or, as the case may be, less unaffordable) price over the next four seasons, they might have to deal with another thorny issue at the position.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Anquan Boldin could want more money and/or a trade in the wake of Fitzgerald's $10 million-per-year contract.

Per Schefter, some in the Cardinals organization actually regard Boldin as the better wideout. But Boldin will make far, far less than Fitzgerald over the next three seasons -- he's due to earn base salaries of $2.5 million, $2.75 million, $3 million.

In our view, Fitzgerald and Boldin together is a luxury that the Cardinals don't need, especially with coach Ken Whisenhunt presumably trying to bring a Pittsburgh-style power running vibe to the desert.

Assuming that the Cardinals have a plan (which could be a dangerous assumption because we're talking about, you know, the Cardinals), the huge deal given to Fitzgerald should be regarded as evidence that they've opted to keep Fitzgerald over the long haul, and to get what they can for Boldin.

Throw in the fact that Boldin is represented by Drew Rosenhaus, and the stage is set for Boldin to start making noise about moving on.

Possible destinations are Philly, Dallas, and the Redskins.

Find all the latest ProFootballTalk news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

Interesting... I would love to have this guy obviously... most physical WR in the game right now IMO. Bills coaches should also love the fact that he is one of the best blocking WRs in the NFL. I would give up a 2nd and a 4th as well if need be.

Comment

Working...
                              X