• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

NFL Films lays off 21 Employees

MOUNT LAUREL, N.J. -- Nearly 10 percent of the workers have been laid off at NFL Films, which has been documenting the league for more than 40 years.

Twenty-one of the 283 workers at the Mount Laurel company were told last week of the layoffs, which were first reported by The Philadelphia Daily News.

The company, whose documentaries often cast football games as epic confrontations, has run into difficulties on two fronts.

HBO decided not to renew "Inside the NFL" for next season.

NFL Films also does production work for the NFL Network, which has been the subject of a financial battle between the league and cable operators. But league spokesman Brian McCarthy said that dispute was not a factor in the layoffs.

-------------

where else do you think I got this? from the kings of negativity...
    Nearly 10 percent of the workers have been laid off at NFL Films, which has been documenting the league for more than 40 years.
  • Mski
    • Mar 2006

my neighbor works for them... nice gig... gets me on the field everyonce and a while... the thing about NFL films is that all media from the game (photo/video) become property of NFL films 24 hrs after the game ends, so even the photographers have to pay liscening to them for the photo's they took... lofl

also they already lost most of thier camera me to nascar films pay was better and so was the weather
    RIP Tommy D!
    12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• blackonyx89
      HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jfreeman
      MOUNT LAUREL, N.J. -- Nearly 10 percent of the workers have been laid off at NFL Films, which has been documenting the league for more than 40 years.

Twenty-one of the 283 workers at the Mount Laurel company were told last week of the layoffs, which were first reported by The Philadelphia Daily News.

The company, whose documentaries often cast football games as epic confrontations, has run into difficulties on two fronts.

HBO decided not to renew "Inside the NFL" for next season.

NFL Films also does production work for the NFL Network, which has been the subject of a financial battle between the league and cable operators. But league spokesman Brian McCarthy said that dispute was not a factor in the layoffs.

-------------

where else do you think I got this? from the kings of negativity...
      http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3287460
      Sad an end of an era for HBO. Hope they find new jobs soon.
      Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by blackonyx89
        Sad an end of an era for HBO. Hope they find new jobs soon.
        Some of them already have.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
          Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mski
          my neighbor works for them... nice gig... gets me on the field everyonce and a while... the thing about NFL films is that all media from the game (photo/video) become property of NFL films 24 hrs after the game ends, so even the photographers have to pay liscening to them for the photo's they took... lofl

also they already lost most of thier camera me to nascar films pay was better and so was the weather
          can he get me in? i've wanted to work there forever. that's why i chose the career i went into.

Comment

• SABuffalo786
            • Feb 2003

Balls!

I really enjoyed watching ITNFL this past season.
            "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
            We are the Rockpile
            We are the Rockpile
            BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

I'm sure they can all get jobs in New England.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by YardRat
                I'm sure they can all get jobs in New England.
                Nah, New England's camera guys are way better! They have had more practice.

Comment

Working...
                X