PDA

View Full Version : The Bills are still Cheap a**es! Sign Johnson!

jpdex12
03-12-2008, 06:27 PM
I know Johnson isn't the best big wide receiver in the NFL to compliment Evans but he was one of the best #2 WR's to fit in with the Bills realistically.

We lost Troupe who was one of few decent TE's left in FA to the Bucs and he wasn't signed for an overwhelming amount.

If we have so much GD money under the cap to spend without breaking the bank then why aren't we signing a few more solid players to fill some voids?

Keep dickin around Ralph and we will lose out on Johnson and have ZERO chances at landing a #2 WR that we desperately need. A rookie will not fill the void we will have this year enough to make our offense competitive.

Quit screwing around!

PECKERWOOD
03-12-2008, 06:31 PM
No, realistically we need to draft Sweed in the first round.. Screw, BJ he isn't that talented anyways. We are in a good position for the draft, now we just need to sign depth. Sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make.

YardRat
03-12-2008, 06:34 PM
I'm a little irate that we haven't addressed the needs on the offensive side of the ball yet and are apparently waiting for the draft, but if Johnson is looking for a paycheck that is way above his head I can't blame the FO for trying to build responsibly.

Michael82
03-12-2008, 06:47 PM
I'm a little irate that we haven't addressed the needs on the offensive side of the ball yet and are apparently waiting for the draft, but if Johnson is looking for a paycheck that is way above his head I can't blame the FO for trying to build responsibly.
yeah, we had such a good start to the offseason and then apparently Ralph just closed his pocketbook and told Russ that he's done spending. :ill:

:sigh:

Bone
03-12-2008, 06:48 PM
Long Way Till the season....I wouldn't Mind Malcolm Kelly Though:bandwagon

raphael120
03-12-2008, 06:51 PM

Yeah I think he's just asking for way too much money. Look at all the teams he could have went to and no one is picking him up. I think teams got smart after the signing frenzy when other WR's have gotten huge contracts. BJ aint worth it and he hasn't proved that he's deserved the money.

I think the Bills put in a fair incentive laiden deal so that if BJ turned out to be a bust, then he would lose money, as it should be. The amount of money thrown to mediocre players around the league is mindboggling.

Nighthawk
03-12-2008, 07:08 PM
I've felt that they are getting themselves in trouble by not addressing the WR situation before the draft. Even if they don't want Johnson, why the hell aren't they looking at other WR's? They do know that we still need WR on this team....don't they? With or without drafting a WR....this team needs to sign other players for the position.

Michael82
03-12-2008, 07:13 PM
I've felt that they are getting themselves in trouble by not addressing the WR situation before the draft. Even if they don't want Johnson, why the hell aren't they looking at other WR's? They do know that we still need WR on this team....don't they? With or without drafting a WR....this team needs to sign other players for the position.
Not to mention they also missed out on Crumpler for a fair price, and Ben Troupe. :ill:

Nighthawk
03-12-2008, 07:51 PM
Not to mention they also missed out on Crumpler for a fair price, and Ben Troupe. :ill:

I know. I just don't understand the philosophy of not addressing possibly the worst offense in the NFL last year?

The Spaz
03-12-2008, 08:03 PM
Lol why hasn't anyone else signed him if it was about the money.

don137
03-12-2008, 08:21 PM
Not addressing the WR position even though they know it was an achilles heel other than Evans just tells me they are going WR with their first roound pick.

Dr. Lecter
03-12-2008, 08:28 PM
yeah, we had such a good start to the offseason and then apparently Ralph just closed his pocketbook and told Russ that he's done spending. :ill:

:sigh:

And you know this how?

Just becuase they have cap money does not mean they should overpay for Johnson or any other player.

Do not overpay for Johnson.

Dr. Lecter
03-12-2008, 08:29 PM
I know. I just don't understand the philosophy of not addressing possibly the worst offense in the NFL last year?
Because there is not much out there?

venis2k1
03-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Anyone remember the

"Bills are still Cheap A**es! Pay Darwin Walker, he is an upgrade at DT"

threads last year.

Mahdi
03-12-2008, 08:40 PM
I understand everyone's concerns but will anyone really be upset if after the draft our wr corps is Evans, Sweed/Kelly, Parrish, Reed... and TEs Dustin Keller, Royal, Anderson.... I would be ecstatic...

I think the Bills know they have no reason to panic....

mysticsoto
03-12-2008, 08:51 PM
I know Johnson isn't the best big wide receiver in the NFL to compliment Evans but he was one of the best #2 WR's to fit in with the Bills realistically.

We lost Troupe who was one of few decent TE's left in FA to the Bucs and he wasn't signed for an overwhelming amount.

If we have so much GD money under the cap to spend without breaking the bank then why aren't we signing a few more solid players to fill some voids?

Keep dickin around Ralph and we will lose out on Johnson and have ZERO chances at landing a #2 WR that we desperately need. A rookie will not fill the void we will have this year enough to make our offense competitive.

Quit screwing around!

Have you stopped to think that maybe there is a reason people aren't running after Johnson and that maybe there's a reason no team has picked him up yet?

Nighthawk
03-12-2008, 09:11 PM
Because there is not much out there?

There are players that would be an improvement over what we have. That is just an excuse.

Dr. Lecter
03-12-2008, 09:19 PM
And at what cost?

You still don't overpay for a moderare improvement.

(And, BTW, who are these improvements? Names?)

Philagape
03-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Hackett's reportedly visiting the Redskins, Bucs and Panthers this week

gr8slayer
03-12-2008, 09:49 PM
Hackett's reportedly visiting the Redskins, Bucs and Panthers this week
They can have him.

feelthepain
03-12-2008, 10:25 PM
No, realistically we need to draft Sweed in the first round.. Screw, BJ he isn't that talented anyways. We are in a good position for the draft, now we just need to sign depth. Sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make.

Li-ma-bean- Li-ma-bean, I can see it now, that's gonna be a funny!!:bandwagon

ParanoidAndroid
03-12-2008, 11:09 PM
The lack of news on Johnson and the fact that his signing with Buffalo keeps coming out in false reports might hint at something. There are folks who know it's coming and are trying to be the first to report it, but are, instead, jumping before the snap. Pure speculation, but it fits with the circumstantial evidence.

Night Train
03-13-2008, 02:16 AM
Anyone that is still out there after the first 72 hours of FA usually fits the description of " looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane ".

ddaryl
03-13-2008, 06:42 AM
I think there are 3-4 rookies in the draft that have better potential then Johsnon. Heck I'd be happier if we took Sweed or Kelly in round 1 and then took Hardy in round 2 if possible. Although I'm not saying we would go 2 rd's of WR I'm just saying I believe that is a better option.

On top of that what is the $$$ Johnson wants... he is not worth spending 5 mil or even 4 mil for the production he has had. Call the Bills cheap but Johnson really hasn't done a heluva a lot in the league to deserve such a payday.. and on top of that if he was worth it he would have recieved multiple offers from multiple teams which he hasn't

One of the knocks on Johnson is that he has a tendancy to catch the ball with his body instead of his hands... The other knock on him is he doesn't play like his size. He is a bigger WR but doesn't play like a bigger WR and that is really what the Bills want.

I'm not dissapointed here. When we 1st targeted him I was a little more gung ho for us to sign him. However in hindsight and doing more research I believe the Bills will be better served by drafting a pair of WR's in the draft.

The amount of money thrown to mediocre players around the league is mindboggling.

This is very true... BJ is holding out for mega bucks an he is not worth just throwing money at and hoping he lives up to it.

X-Era
03-13-2008, 06:56 AM
And you know this how?

Just becuase they have cap money does not mean they should overpay for Johnson or any other player.

Do not overpay for Johnson.

Have you happened to check my sig?

On topic, I would like to add Johnson and it seems more and more likely as the list of other teams dries up.

Tatonka
03-13-2008, 07:46 AM
They can have him.

yeah, they can.. and they will have a good receiver, and we will stick with a bunch of 3rd string guys.. awesome.. oh.. and all of them alread had better offenses than us. Hackett has the potential to be every bit as good as lee evans.. based on production when starting, he is better.

gr8slayer
03-13-2008, 07:54 AM
yeah, they can.. and they will have a good receiver, and we will stick with a bunch of 3rd string guys.. awesome.. oh.. and all of them alread had better offenses than us. Hackett has the potential to be every bit as good as lee evans.. based on production when starting, he is better.
Hackett a good WR? Hardly.... I'll take my chances on Sweed, Hardy, or Kelly.

Tatonka
03-13-2008, 08:02 AM
the numbers say he is a good wr.

he produces when he plays.. produces a very high rate actually.. but why would that matter.. lets draft a rookie that has done nothing and give him a boat load of money. and then wait 3 years for him to develope.. just like our other 2nd round wrs josh reed and roscoe.

streetkings01
03-13-2008, 08:04 AM
So we should overpay for a #3 WR so you guys can complain during the season that the Bills dont know what their doing?

gr8slayer
03-13-2008, 08:13 AM
the numbers say he is a good wr.

he produces when he plays.. produces a very high rate actually.. but why would that matter.. lets draft a rookie that has done nothing and give him a boat load of money. and then wait 3 years for him to develope.. just like our other 2nd round wrs josh reed and roscoe.
Are you sure? You might want to go check those stats again, he has very Josh Reed type numbers.

gr8slayer
03-13-2008, 08:16 AM
<tbody><tr><td class="NHLsubheadingStats" style="background-color: rgb(60, 81, 121); color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" colspan="21" nowrap="nowrap"><b>&nbsp;Career Stats</b></td></tr><tr class="NHLsubheadingStats" style="background-color: rgb(60, 81, 121); color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" nowrap=""><td colspan="3"><b></b></td><td colspan="6"><b>Receiving</b></td><td colspan="6"><b>Rushing</b></td><td><b>Fumb.</b></td><td colspan="2"><b>KO Ret</b></td><td colspan="2" nowrap="nowrap"><b>Punt Ret</b></td></tr><tr class="bsubcontentStats" style="background-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><td>&nbsp;Year</td><td>Team</td><td><b>G</b></td><td><b>Rec</b></td><td><b>Yds</b></td><td><b>Y/G</b></td><td><b>Avg</b></td><td><b>100 Yd</b></td><td><b>TD</b></td><td><b>Rush</b></td><td><b>Yds</b></td><td><b>Y/G</b></td><td><b>Avg</b></td><td><b>100 Yd</b></td><td><b>TD</b></td><td><b>Lost</b></td><td><b>Yds</b></td><td><b>TD</b></td><td><b>Yds</b></td><td><b>TD</b></td></tr><tr class="tro"><td>&nbsp;2005</td><td>SEA</td><td>13</td><td>28</td><td>400</td> <td>30.8</td><td>14.3</td><td>0</td><td>2</td> <td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0.0</td><td>0.0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td></tr><tr class="tra"><td>&nbsp;2006</td><td>SEA</td><td>14</td><td>45</td><td>610</td> <td>43.6</td><td>13.6</td><td>1</td><td>4</td> <td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0.0</td><td>0.0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td></tr><tr class="tro"><td>&nbsp;2007</td><td>SEA</td><td>6</td><td>32</td><td>384</td> <td>64.0</td><td>12.0</td><td>2</td><td>3</td> <td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0.0</td><td>0.0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td></tr><tr height="5"><td colspan="21" bgcolor="#3c5179"></td></tr></tbody>

Mahdi
03-13-2008, 08:19 AM
Career Stats</b></td></tr><tr class="NHLsubheadingStats" style="background-color: rgb(60, 81, 121); color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" nowrap=""><td colspan="3"><b></b></td><td colspan="6"><b>Receiving</b></td><td colspan="6"><b>Rushing</b></td><td><b>Fumb.</b></td><td colspan="2"><b>KO Ret</b></td><td colspan="2" nowrap="nowrap"><b>Punt Ret</b></td></tr><tr class="bsubcontentStats" style="background-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><td>&nbsp;Year</td><td>Team</td><td><b>G</b></td><td><b>Rec</b></td><td><b>Yds</b></td><td><b>Y/G</b></td><td><b>Avg</b></td><td><b>100 Yd</b></td><td><b>TD</b></td><td><b>Rush</b></td><td><b>Yds</b></td><td><b>Y/G</b></td><td><b>Avg</b></td><td><b>100 Yd</b></td><td><b>TD</b></td><td><b>Lost</b></td><td><b>Yds</b></td><td><b>TD</b></td><td><b>Yds</b></td><td><b>TD</b></td></tr><tr class="tro"><td>&nbsp;2005</td><td>SEA</td><td>13</td><td>28</td><td>400</td> <td>30.8</td><td>14.3</td><td>0</td><td>2</td> <td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0.0</td><td>0.0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td></tr><tr class="tra"><td>&nbsp;2006</td><td>SEA</td><td>14</td><td>45</td><td>610</td> <td>43.6</td><td>13.6</td><td>1</td><td>4</td> <td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0.0</td><td>0.0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td></tr><tr class="tro"><td>&nbsp;2007</td><td>SEA</td><td>6</td><td>32</td><td>384</td> <td>64.0</td><td>12.0</td><td>2</td><td>3</td> <td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0.0</td><td>0.0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td>
I watched Hackett all year,,, he battled an injured ankle last season which kept him out of most games but when he was in there whether he was the #2 or #3 WR Hasselbeck loved to throw to him and was successful doing it... There's no doubt Hackett is an excellent WR when he is healthy. He is also very good in the redzone.

gr8slayer
03-13-2008, 08:20 AM
I take it back, Reed actually has better numbers than Hackett does.

R. Rich
03-13-2008, 08:20 AM

Isn't it nice that all we need to do is add a big wideout?

gr8slayer
03-13-2008, 08:21 AM
I watched Hackett all year,,, he battled an injured ankle last season which kept him out of most games but when he was in there whether he was the #2 or #3 WR Hasselbeck loved to throw to him and was successful doing it... There's no doubt Hackett is an excellent WR when he is healthy. He is also very good in the redzone.
You can have him and his injuries too, he's an average player.

Mahdi
03-13-2008, 08:24 AM
You can have him and his injuries too, he's an average player.
I agree that by looking only at his numbers he is average... but watching him play in Seattle he was not average at all.

gr8slayer
03-13-2008, 08:26 AM
I agree that by looking only at his numbers he is average... but watching him play in Seattle he was not average at all.
Trust me, I've seen him play plenty of times both in person and on the tube. He's average.

Philagape
03-13-2008, 08:31 AM
Trust me

:roflmao: yeah, that's gonna happen

Tatonka
03-13-2008, 08:35 AM
Are you sure? You might want to go check those stats again, he has very Josh Reed type numbers.

really?

show me reeds and hacketts numbers when they both start.

because this year was the first year hackett started. 7 games this year including the playoffs.

i dont really care about the years he was playing behind darrell jackson, dieon branch, bobby engram, ect.

Tatonka
03-13-2008, 08:36 AM
hackett has by far the best numbers as a starter.

7 starts. 4 tds and 4 100 yard games.. 500 yards.

johnson, 39 starts. 9 tds. no 100 yard games..

end of discussion.

i already posted this weeks ago.

Mahdi
03-13-2008, 08:37 AM
DJ only suited up for 6 games in total last year...

The first game of the season he was injured early in the game and therefore only had 1 reception for 7 yards...

He didnt come back till week 9..

Week 9: 6 rec, 58 yards, TD

Week 10: 8 rec, 101 yards, TD

Week 11: 9 rec, 136 yards, TD

Week 12: 4 rec, 41 yards --- got injured that game and didnt come back till week 17.

Week 17: 4 rec, 41 yards in limited duty.

Wild Card Game vs Wash: 6 rec, 101 yards, TD

Divisional Game Vs GB : 2 rec, 15 yards

Sorry but Josh Reed has never performed that way,,, and its certainly not average.

gr8slayer
03-13-2008, 08:39 AM
Ah, the satisfaction with mediocrity is always abound here at the Zone.

Tatonka
03-13-2008, 08:41 AM
DJ only suited up for 6 games in total last year...

The first game of the season he was injured early in the game and therefore only had 1 reception for 7 yards...

He didnt come back till week 9..

Week 9: 6 rec, 58 yards, TD

Week 10: 8 rec, 101 yards, TD

Week 11: 9 rec, 136 yards, TD

Week 12: 4 rec, 41 yards --- got injured that game and didnt come back till week 17.

Week 17: 4 rec, 41 yards in limited duty.

Wild Card Game vs Wash: 6 rec, 101 yards, TD

Divisional Game Vs GB : 2 rec, 15 yards

Sorry but Josh Reed has never performed that way,,, and its certainly not average.

thanks.. i wasnt going to go through the trouble of posting all that to convince someone that wants to compair him to josh reed.

hackett is an excellent receiver when he is on the field playing.. the issue is obviously the injuries.. i will take that chance.. especially since he will cost much less than what the underachieving johnson is asking for.

Tatonka
03-13-2008, 08:43 AM

are you ****ing kidding me?

6 starts, 4 100 yard games and 4 tds, 40 receptions.

that is mediocrity?

i guess you were hoping for randy moss type numbers for josh reed type contract huh?

what a joke. that sounds like a response from someone who just got served and was trying to argue something he didnt know **** about.

bigbub2352
03-13-2008, 08:43 AM
Weirdest thing about this situations is there has been no confirmed reports that he actually has visited anywhere, that means according to all the reports in the last week that teams are offering him a contract based on talking on the phn with him? i think if he is going to the highest bidder it wont be here otherwise he would have signed already, we need to upgrade this position, come on RUss

Mahdi
03-13-2008, 08:44 AM
I guess yer not interested in Bryant Johnson then... cause he hasn't done more than Hackett thats for sure...

Tatonka
03-13-2008, 08:47 AM
I guess yer not interested in Bryant Johnson then... cause he hasn't done more than Hackett thats for sure...

zero 100 yard games.. in 39 starts. THIRTY NINE STARTS and SEVENTY SEVEN TOTAL GAMES PLAYED!!

compaired to

4 100 yard games in 6 starts.

9 career tds, including THIRTY NINE STARTS, all of which either had boldin or fitz next to him...

vs.

10 career tds, including 6 full starts.

enough said.

johnson is a bust. hacket just needs to stay healthy.

Philagape
03-13-2008, 08:48 AM
2007 was Hackett's third year playing (he didn't play at all his rookie year), which is typically when receivers break out. The numbers could speak for themselves ... he was on pace for 96 catches, 1,024 yards and 8 TDs. Pretty damn good for a No. 2 receiver. But they don't have to speak for themselves. I've seen him play too. He runs good routes and has good hands.
Last year he caught 68.1 percent of the passes where he was targeted; that's ninth among all WRs.
He is an ideal complement to Evans.

Mahdi
03-13-2008, 08:49 AM
zero 100 yard games.. in 39 starts. THIRTY NINE STARTS and SEVENTY SEVEN TOTAL GAMES PLAYED!!

compaired to

9 career tds, including THIRTY NINE STARTS, all of which either had boldin or fitz next to him...

vs.

enough said.

The thing is with Hackett though is that he wants to stay in Seattle and his FA trips are only to test the waters... I think teams know that which is why he isn't in high demand. Injuries too of course.

Tatonka
03-13-2008, 08:56 AM
The thing is with Hackett though is that he wants to stay in Seattle and his FA trips are only to test the waters... I think teams know that which is why he isn't in high demand. Injuries too of course.

show me where it says anywhere that he wants to stay in seattle.. i have seen you mention that a few times but have never seen anything else on that other than you stating it. im not saying your wrong, but do you have a link?

i remember reading something about hackett being interested in buffalo. it had a quote from he regarding buffalo actually (right around when FA started). and i thought i just read somewhere else today that he is visitiing 3 teams this week.

Tatonka
03-13-2008, 08:57 AM
i figured Gr8slayer would clam up about now after his weak attempt to take a stand was buried.

The Spaz
03-13-2008, 09:01 AM
show me where it says anywhere that he wants to stay in seattle.. i have seen you mention that a few times but have never seen anything else on that other than you stating it. im not saying your wrong, but do you have a link?

i remember reading something about hackett being interested in buffalo. it had a quote from he regarding buffalo actually (right around when FA started). and i thought i just read somewhere else today that he is visitiing 3 teams this week.

March 12, 2008

Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 12:24 PM ET | Link
HACKETT HAS VISITS SCHEDULED: According to Scout.com, D.J. Hackett will be visiting with the Redkins today and is scheduled to visit Tampa Bay Thursday and Carolina Friday. This could be a sign that Tampa finds Hackett more appealing than Johnson, who has not officially visited the Bucs to this point. Scout.com's Adam Caplan is reporting that Hackett will bring his best offer back to the Seahawks to give them an opportunity to match it since Hackett would prefer to re-sign with Seattle. I can't imagine that would go over very well with the teams he is visiting. Who's going to make him an offer with that approach? ---

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

Tatonka
03-13-2008, 09:06 AM
thanks spaz. i hadnt seen that.

i still want the guy, but if he wants to stay in seattle.. i cant blame him. seattle is is a playoff team every year.

i also dont know how much i believe that, but still, i appreciate it.

Mahdi
03-13-2008, 09:43 AM
thanks spaz. i hadnt seen that.

i still want the guy, but if he wants to stay in seattle.. i cant blame him. seattle is is a playoff team every year.

i also dont know how much i believe that, but still, i appreciate it.
Obviously he is not opposed to going anywhere else but Im sure if Seattle gave him a similar offer to Buffalo's he wouldnt choose Buffalo. We would probably have to take a bigger risk and overpay slightly. Which im not opposed to seeing as how he was healthy at the end of the season and playing well.

jpdex12
03-13-2008, 11:33 AM
Have you stopped to think that maybe there is a reason people aren't running after Johnson and that maybe there's a reason no team has picked him up yet?

Of course I have. He apparently is asking for too much at this point, but if you are a good business man you better sweeten the pot a bit or else it will be considerably easier for another team to slide in past you with a slightly better offer and steal him from us.

I guarentee you that we have been close to signing other good players but Ralphy sticks to his figure too long and doesn't act quick enough. I don't know this first habd but how many significant FA's have we signed lately that we had to dicker with for a few weeks? None! We sign them right off the bat with quick strikes but you look at our history and we hardly ever sign FA's when we have to go back and forth with them for any length of time.

Some of you think that we can just blaze a trail with signing a rookie WR in the first...it aint gonna happen. We need veteran experience to fill the starting #2 role and I want to see OBD draft another big WR like Kelly in the 1st to groom and add to the mix for starting potential next year.

jpdex12
03-13-2008, 11:39 AM

compaired to

vs.

enough said.

You should also compare the teams that each player plays on...Seattle has been much better than Arizona and has had better QB's throwing the rock to those WR's.

gr8slayer
03-13-2008, 02:58 PM
i figured Gr8slayer would clam up about now after his weak attempt to take a stand was buried.
I've been in class all day pea brain.

First off simpleton, there's no point in putting money into a person who is looking for his first big pay day and has been an injury problem his entire career. Some of his injuries are injuries that he has had more than once going back all the way to his days in Colorado.

Secondly, if he was as good as you claim (I highly doubt you've even seen him play minus the playoff games) why isn't Seattle, a team who has crap for a WR corps, who has the money to pay him whatever he wants, trying to keep him. Use your brain for once in your life, logic is your friend.

Third, his two 100 yard games this year came against two of the sorriest secondaries in the NFL. San Francisco thought so highly of him that they didn't even have Clements guarding him. They had ****ing Walt Harris guarding him. Against Washington in the opening round he was lining up against their #4 CB most of the game due to injuries in the secondary. Funny how he did nothing against a real secondary in the Green Bay Packers huh? Again, logic is your friend.

You and your satisfaction with mediocrity can have him. I'll take my chances on a draft pick who has far more potential to be an elite player.

BTW, watch some film on these players that you're pimping some time would you?

Dr. Lecter
03-13-2008, 03:02 PM
You have no class.

mysticsoto
03-13-2008, 03:15 PM
Of course I have. He apparently is asking for too much at this point, but if you are a good business man you better sweeten the pot a bit or else it will be considerably easier for another team to slide in past you with a slightly better offer and steal him from us.

I guarentee you that we have been close to signing other good players but Ralphy sticks to his figure too long and doesn't act quick enough. I don't know this first habd but how many significant FA's have we signed lately that we had to dicker with for a few weeks? None! We sign them right off the bat with quick strikes but you look at our history and we hardly ever sign FA's when we have to go back and forth with them for any length of time.

Some of you think that we can just blaze a trail with signing a rookie WR in the first...it aint gonna happen. We need veteran experience to fill the starting #2 role and I want to see OBD draft another big WR like Kelly in the 1st to groom and add to the mix for starting potential next year.

That's a fair answer. But there has to be a balance right? I mean, if we overpay, then Overdorf (not Ralph) is the stupid one for not presenting him a contract for what he's worth. No doubt they've made him a very decent offer. He hasn't signed anywhere else, which means that other teams see him as unproven also and are not making him large offers either. Ultimately, he needs to pick a team that will likely pay him more than he is getting now and prove himself - and he certainly will have that chance here in Buffalo given that the #2 position is wide open. You prove yourself and then you'll make the big bucks. But thinking you can come here and tout your size without having any accomplishments...who does he think we are? The Raiders? Absolutely not. The draft is full of great WRs, and although I would rather not have to rely on one from day 1, I would prefer to re-sign Evans and grab some decent prospects this year (more than 1) rather than pay this guy a salary that he is not worth, have him flop during the year, and then be unable to sign our #1 WR b'cse we had to spend too much on a loser who never proved himself and was never worth it to begin with. Right now, despite the hole at the #2 position, I think they are doing the right thing.