The Bills are still Cheap a**es! Sign Johnson!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

The Bills are still Cheap a**es! Sign Johnson!

I know Johnson isn't the best big wide receiver in the NFL to compliment Evans but he was one of the best #2 WR's to fit in with the Bills realistically.

We lost Troupe who was one of few decent TE's left in FA to the Bucs and he wasn't signed for an overwhelming amount.

If we have so much GD money under the cap to spend without breaking the bank then why aren't we signing a few more solid players to fill some voids?

Keep dickin around Ralph and we will lose out on Johnson and have ZERO chances at landing a #2 WR that we desperately need. A rookie will not fill the void we will have this year enough to make our offense competitive.

Quit screwing around!
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

No, realistically we need to draft Sweed in the first round.. Screw, BJ he isn't that talented anyways. We are in a good position for the draft, now we just need to sign depth. Sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

I'm a little irate that we haven't addressed the needs on the offensive side of the ball yet and are apparently waiting for the draft, but if Johnson is looking for a paycheck that is way above his head I can't blame the FO for trying to build responsibly.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
        I'm a little irate that we haven't addressed the needs on the offensive side of the ball yet and are apparently waiting for the draft, but if Johnson is looking for a paycheck that is way above his head I can't blame the FO for trying to build responsibly.
        yeah, we had such a good start to the offseason and then apparently Ralph just closed his pocketbook and told Russ that he's done spending.

Comment

• Bone
          Bone
          • Oct 2006

Long Way Till the season....I wouldn't Mind Malcolm Kelly Though
          BILLIEVE

Comment

• raphael120
            Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
            Yeah I think he's just asking for way too much money. Look at all the teams he could have went to and no one is picking him up. I think teams got smart after the signing frenzy when other WR's have gotten huge contracts. BJ aint worth it and he hasn't proved that he's deserved the money.

I think the Bills put in a fair incentive laiden deal so that if BJ turned out to be a bust, then he would lose money, as it should be. The amount of money thrown to mediocre players around the league is mindboggling.

Comment

• Nighthawk
              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
              • Jul 2002

I've felt that they are getting themselves in trouble by not addressing the WR situation before the draft. Even if they don't want Johnson, why the hell aren't they looking at other WR's? They do know that we still need WR on this team....don't they? With or without drafting a WR....this team needs to sign other players for the position.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                I've felt that they are getting themselves in trouble by not addressing the WR situation before the draft. Even if they don't want Johnson, why the hell aren't they looking at other WR's? They do know that we still need WR on this team....don't they? With or without drafting a WR....this team needs to sign other players for the position.
                Not to mention they also missed out on Crumpler for a fair price, and Ben Troupe.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                  Not to mention they also missed out on Crumpler for a fair price, and Ben Troupe.
                  I know. I just don't understand the philosophy of not addressing possibly the worst offense in the NFL last year?

Comment

• The Spaz
                    • Mar 2003

Lol why hasn't anyone else signed him if it was about the money.

Comment

• don137
                      • Jul 2002

Not addressing the WR position even though they know it was an achilles heel other than Evans just tells me they are going WR with their first roound pick.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                        yeah, we had such a good start to the offseason and then apparently Ralph just closed his pocketbook and told Russ that he's done spending.

And you know this how?

Just becuase they have cap money does not mean they should overpay for Johnson or any other player.

Do not overpay for Johnson.
                        Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                          I know. I just don't understand the philosophy of not addressing possibly the worst offense in the NFL last year?
                          Because there is not much out there?
                          Originally posted by mysticsoto
                          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• venis2k1
                            Youboty can hope
                            • Jul 2002

Anyone remember the

"Bills are still Cheap A**es! Pay Darwin Walker, he is an upgrade at DT"

threads last year.

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

I understand everyone's concerns but will anyone really be upset if after the draft our wr corps is Evans, Sweed/Kelly, Parrish, Reed... and TEs Dustin Keller, Royal, Anderson.... I would be ecstatic...

I think the Bills know they have no reason to panic....

Comment

Working...
                              X