PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Softee My Ass

raphael120
03-12-2008, 08:14 PM
He's making some awesome saves despite lack of defense.

This team would still suck if we had the best goalie ever known to the NHL because we'd still never score, we'd always go 0-0 and then go to shoot out and we'd lose there.

Listen people, Miller isn't our problem. Miller isn't shooting pucks, Miller isn't turning over pucks in our own end, the only knock on Miller is his ineptitude in shootouts. Have no idea why that crept up but he's the reason we win most of these games, but usually he's not the reason why we lose them.

helmetguy
03-12-2008, 08:28 PM
Agreed. No defensive support hasn't helped him, either. How many times have we seen other teams goalies (and some very mediocre ones, at that) look like worldbeaters, just because they have three guys helping out in front? Buffalo tries that and they end up tripping over themselves, turning over the puck and hanging Miller out to dry.

SpillerThrills
03-12-2008, 10:58 PM
the past 2 years he's been really good in the shootouts... .this year I think he's so mentally tired come time for the SO that he can't make the saves he's made in the past.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-13-2008, 12:11 AM
the past 2 years he's been really good in the shootouts... .this year I think he's so mentally tired come time for the SO that he can't make the saves he's made in the past.

If you go back to the 2007 NHL All-Star game if you can find a tape of it the shootout competion the West team I remember the Western Conference players going to the WEAKSIDE making him go post to post instead of going 5-hole and scoring on him other teams have picked up on this. He's not doing anything different than what he did last year in the shootouts.

BlackMetalNinja
03-13-2008, 06:02 AM
While I completely agree he is not the problem with this team... there is some problem with him. The past 2 seasons he was considered amongst the elite against breakaways and now it seems as if he can't stop a damn thing... he got burned again last night. It's starting to really annoy the hell out of me.

SabreEleven
03-13-2008, 06:09 AM
He is feeling the pressure of carrying this team because nobody else is stepping up. He has to win games 2-1 because this team can't score.

RockStar36
03-13-2008, 06:32 AM
On top of the pressure he is most likely completely worn out. Most goalies get a few games off and he isn't getting any because Thibault sucks so bad

SabreEleven
03-13-2008, 06:33 AM
That turned out to be a great call by the FO, huh?

BlackMetalNinja
03-13-2008, 07:32 AM
I completely agree with the overplayed part... he's never played this many games or even really that close to this many games at this point. Wasn't last night something like his 23rd or 24th consecutive start??? Even if we were to make the playoffs, his tank would be sitting on empty by then anyways.

Jan Reimers
03-13-2008, 07:43 AM
Perhaps it's because he is physically and mentally exhausted, but Miller looks like a subpar goalie right now.