• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffalogic
    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
    • Feb 2006

Not far away from blowing out the competition

I've rewatched a lot of taped games lately and one thing about the team really stands out. There were many times where the bills could have blown out the other team if they had just scored touchdowns instead of kicking field goals.

The rest of our team does a good job setting up our offense to score points, but a lot of times all we come up with is three. I think a big receiver like Limas Sweed and a big tight end will go a long way for this offense next year.

With an upgraded defense, the offense just needs to get the ball in the end zone and we should win a good amount of games.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

This sounds like what we've been saying since '03.

But I disagree with your assessment. There were numerous games where we were destroyed in every statistical category. Fundamentally this team just can't keep up. We're still at least 5 starters from making the playoffs.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37

But I disagree with your assessment. There were numerous games where we were destroyed in every statistical category. Fundamentally this team just can't keep up. We're still at least 5 starters from making the playoffs.
      Maybe 2 or 3 and depending on who we get in FA / Draft, that may narrow yet.

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37

We were two different bounces away last year. I think we are a little closer then you are giving credit for.
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by yordad
          We were two different bounces away last year. I think we are a little closer then you are giving credit for.
          The key is not just winning the games we could, it's being in all the games and having a chance to win almost all of them. We got killed in a few of our games, (2) Ne / pittsburgh and if you want to advance in the playoffs or even make them you have to be able to be in most of the games. I am not saying you need to win all of them but losing by more than 25 points in 3 games means we need serious help.

We are on our way and are a borderline playoff team now, borderline because of schedule.

Comment

• feelthepain
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
            Maybe 2 or 3 and depending on who we get in FA / Draft, that may narrow yet.

Yeah, two or three.

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

The key is not just winning the games we could, it's being in all the games and having a chance to win almost all of them. We got killed in a few of our games, (2) Ne / pittsburgh and if you want to advance in the playoffs or even make them you have to be able to be in most of the games. I am not saying you need to win all of them but losing by more than 25 points in 3 games means we need serious help.

We are on our way and are a borderline playoff team now, borderline because of schedule.
              We had a harder then average schedule. We were literally two bounces from the playoffs. We had 17 or more people on IR. We started the season with a devastating KE injury. We had totally inadequate game planning, and play calling. We had indecision on the part of the coaches. We all suspect the owner of meddling. We have greatly up graded two positions. We are going to upgrade at least two more. Our second to the youngest team has gained experience. Our Poz has returned. We have cut A-Train.

I think the key is to winning as many as you can. If you told me right now we would get blown out three times this year, and win 13 games by a point, I will take it. Wouldn't you?

We are going to be better this year basically automatically. I think they can make the ball bounce in their favor at least two more times.

Bottomline, I think we make it with the squad right now. But, I guess it doesn't matter because we will be adding two or three more either way. It's looking brighter.
              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• eyedog
                • Jul 2002

They kick field goals because their head coach is so damn conservative he's afraid to even throw the ball into the freaking endzone. Why do you think they kicked fg's all year.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

We scored 102 points less than being scored on, we're not there yet. They need some offensive threats at WR / TE, a CB & then we'll be there.

AFC East Standings
                  W-L-TPFPA
                  z-New England16-0-0589274
                  Buffalo7-9-0252354
                  NY Jets4-12-0268355
                  Miami1-15-0267437

Comment

• yordad
                    • Dec 2007

We scored 102 points less than being scored on, we're not there yet. They need some offensive threats at WR / TE, a CB & then we'll be there.

AFC East Standings
                    W-L-TPFPA
                    z-New England16-0-0589274
                    Buffalo7-9-0252354
                    NY Jets4-12-0268355
                    Miami1-15-0267437
                    "I think the key is to winning as many as you can. If you told me right now we would get blown out three times this year, and win 13 games by a point, I will take it. Wouldn't you?"

Comment

• Meathead
                      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                      • Jul 2002

Re: Not far away from blowing out the competition

dont forget the st aces are being released so that unit wont likely be nearly as dominant as they have been. i would conservatively say st were directly responsible for an additional 2-3 wins per season the last two years so we will be losing at least one game this season due to less effective st play. you hope that adding talent and depth to the other two units makes up for that but its not a certainty
                      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

z-New England 16-0-0

z-superbowl losers
                        god i love that
                        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• shelby
                          The Vanilla *****
                          • Jul 2002

Miami1-15-0267437

This brings a smile to my face.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by shelby
                            Miami1-15-0267437

This brings a smile to my face.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Wagon Circler 22
                              I've rewatched a lot of taped games lately and one thing about the team really stands out. There were many times where the bills could have blown out the other team if they had just scored touchdowns instead of kicking field goals.

The rest of our team does a good job setting up our offense to score points, but a lot of times all we come up with is three. I think a big receiver like Limas Sweed and a big tight end will go a long way for this offense next year.

With an upgraded defense, the offense just needs to get the ball in the end zone and we should win a good amount of games.
                              I still would have preferred to address WR and TE through both avenues, FA and the draft, instead of just depending on rookies.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X