PDA

View Full Version : My #1 RB in this years draft (Johnathan Stewart) may need surgery....

gr8slayer
03-12-2008, 09:43 PM
NFL Network's Mike Mayock reports that Oregon RB Jonathan Stewart may need surgery on his big toe. The procedure would keep him out four to six months.
Stewart suffered a turf toe injury in November and didn't miss any games. He also ran the forty at the Combine, but performed no shuttle or cone drills. In the meantime, he had MRIs done and doctors recommended he undergo surgery. Individual teams will evaluate whether surgery is required. Expected to be a first-round pick, his stock will fall dramatically with any team who doesn't medically clear him.That sucks, I think he's by far the best RB in this years draft....

mysticsoto
03-13-2008, 08:01 AM
That sucks, I think he's by far the best RB in this years draft....

Yep, he's likely to drop now...

gr8slayer
03-13-2008, 08:03 AM
Yep, he's likely to drop now...
If he does he'll be a Cowboy.

DraftBoy
03-13-2008, 08:04 AM
Doubt its Round 1, this is great news for Jamaal Charles and Kevin Smith though

Tatonka
03-13-2008, 08:20 AM
he is good enough that i would take him with a 2nd rounder and let him sit, even though we dont need him.

the way that lynch runs.. i could see him getting hurt.

gr8slayer
03-13-2008, 08:22 AM
he is good enough that i would take him with a 2nd rounder and let him sit, even though we dont need him.

the way that lynch runs.. i could see him getting hurt.
He already did get hurt. I'd take him in round two simply because he's an elite prospect but we seem pretty sold on Jackson so throw that idea out the door. If he falls he'll go to Dallas with pick 1b.

DraftBoy
03-13-2008, 08:25 AM
He already did get hurt. I'd take him in round two simply because he's an elite prospect but we seem pretty sold on Jackson so throw that idea out the door. If he falls he'll go to Dallas with pick 1b.

I dont see it in this class it makes no sense

gr8slayer
03-13-2008, 08:29 AM
I dont see it in this class it makes no sense
It makes perfect sense when you already have a Pro Bowl RB in your backfield. IF the surgery is needed which is debatable he will be out 4-6 months, even if he's out for 6 months he'll be back just after the season starts. The sky is not falling.

DraftBoy
03-13-2008, 08:31 AM
It makes perfect sense when you already have a Pro Bowl RB in your backfield. IF the surgery is needed which is debatable he will be out 4-6 months, even if he's out for 6 months he'll be back just after the season starts. The sky is not falling.

Pro Bowl RB who has never taken on the full load of carries and many doubt can. They must find another RB to spell Barber and if they are as dead set on RB as you make them be why not take Charles a home grown kid who is maybe a smidge worse then Stewart? Stewart would be in Round 2 if they want him bad enough.

Night Train
03-13-2008, 02:24 PM
McGahee can be picked in the 1st round with a shredded knee but this guy suddenly drops out of the 1st Round, with a toe that may be healed by the opener ?

OK. I'll believe that when I see it.

Jayhawk
03-13-2008, 02:39 PM
if he was ronnie lott he'd just cut it off

gr8slayer
03-13-2008, 02:59 PM
Pro Bowl RB who has never taken on the full load of carries and many doubt can. They must find another RB to spell Barber and if they are as dead set on RB as you make them be why not take Charles a home grown kid who is maybe a smidge worse then Stewart? Stewart would be in Round 2 if they want him bad enough.
A Pro Bowl RB who has never been given the opportunity to take a full load of carries.

DraftBoy
03-13-2008, 03:16 PM
McGahee can be picked in the 1st round with a shredded knee but this guy suddenly drops out of the 1st Round, with a toe that may be healed by the opener ?

Take into account the RB class when McGahee was picked;

Larry Johnson-at the time was considered a second tier RB
Musa Smith
Chris Brown
Justin Fargas
Artose Pinner
Domanick Williams
Onterrio Smith
Quentin Griffin
Lee Suggs
LeBrandon Toefield
Brock Forsey
Ahmaad Galloway

There was not any real alternative at that point and many people said we reached for McGahee, this year there are 3-4 guys (depending on your rankings) who can replace Stewart with little to no loss in skill level.

DraftBoy
03-13-2008, 03:17 PM
A Pro Bowl RB who has never been given the opportunity to take a full load of carries.

That's because why exactly? Either he couldnt beat out Julius Jones for the bulk of the majority load of carries over a full season, or the coaches didnt have the faith in him to hold up? Which is it?

gr8slayer
03-13-2008, 03:19 PM
That's because why exactly? Either he couldnt beat out Julius Jones for the bulk of the majority load of carries over a full season, or the coaches didnt have the faith in him to hold up? Which is it?
Parcells was sold on the two back system and Jerry Jones was sold on Julius Jones, thankfully he's over that.

DraftBoy
03-13-2008, 03:20 PM
Parcells was sold on the two back system and Jerry Jones was sold on Julius Jones, thankfully he's over that.

Yet they seem dedicated to bring yet another back again not giving Barber the full starting job, why is that?

gr8slayer
03-13-2008, 03:28 PM
Yet they seem dedicated to bring yet another back again not giving Barber the full starting job, why is that?
Maybe because he's asking for ridiculous money that he's honestly not worth and will be allowed to walk in a year. Common sense would say that it would be great to have a guy ready to take the job when he walks.

gr8slayer
03-13-2008, 05:53 PM
He officially underwent surgery today and should be ready for training camp.

Bone
03-13-2008, 08:21 PM
My top two running backs in this years draft to me are Rashard Mendenhall and Stewart.

I feel bad for Stewart, I still think he will be a 1 round pick though..

gr8slayer
03-13-2008, 08:23 PM
My top two running backs in this years draft to me are Rashard Mendenhall and Stewart.

I feel bad for Stewart, I still think he will be a 1 round pick though..
Yeah, Mendenhall is a close second on my list. Stewart will still be a first round pick, I guarantee it.

Change your damn sig :mad: I don't want to remember that game vs. Oklahoma...

Tatonka
03-15-2008, 10:47 PM

mcgahee was by far the best running back in all of college football when he got hurt.

stewart is not.

gr8slayer
03-16-2008, 12:36 PM
mcgahee was by far the best running back in all of college football when he got hurt.

stewart is not.
It's a matter of opinion, I think that he'll be the best NFL back in the years draft. How many of Stewart's games did you actually watch this year?

PECKERWOOD
03-16-2008, 04:30 PM
If he fell to us in the 2nd I would take him. Nothing wrong with having 2 dominant running backs to share the load and minimize the risk of injuries.