My #1 RB in this years draft (Johnathan Stewart) may need surgery....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

My #1 RB in this years draft (Johnathan Stewart) may need surgery....

NFL Network's Mike Mayock reports that Oregon RB Jonathan Stewart may need surgery on his big toe. The procedure would keep him out four to six months.
    Stewart suffered a turf toe injury in November and didn't miss any games. He also ran the forty at the Combine, but performed no shuttle or cone drills. In the meantime, he had MRIs done and doctors recommended he undergo surgery. Individual teams will evaluate whether surgery is required. Expected to be a first-round pick, his stock will fall dramatically with any team who doesn't medically clear him.
    That sucks, I think he's by far the best RB in this years draft....
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

Re: My #1 RB in this years draft (Johnathan Stewart) may need surgery....

Originally posted by gr8slayer
    That sucks, I think he's by far the best RB in this years draft....
    Yep, he's likely to drop now...

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Yep, he's likely to drop now...
      If he does he'll be a Cowboy.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Doubt its Round 1, this is great news for Jamaal Charles and Kevin Smith though
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

he is good enough that i would take him with a 2nd rounder and let him sit, even though we dont need him.

the way that lynch runs.. i could see him getting hurt.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• gr8slayer
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
            he is good enough that i would take him with a 2nd rounder and let him sit, even though we dont need him.

the way that lynch runs.. i could see him getting hurt.
            He already did get hurt. I'd take him in round two simply because he's an elite prospect but we seem pretty sold on Jackson so throw that idea out the door. If he falls he'll go to Dallas with pick 1b.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

He already did get hurt. I'd take him in round two simply because he's an elite prospect but we seem pretty sold on Jackson so throw that idea out the door. If he falls he'll go to Dallas with pick 1b.
              I dont see it in this class it makes no sense
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                I dont see it in this class it makes no sense
                It makes perfect sense when you already have a Pro Bowl RB in your backfield. IF the surgery is needed which is debatable he will be out 4-6 months, even if he's out for 6 months he'll be back just after the season starts. The sky is not falling.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

It makes perfect sense when you already have a Pro Bowl RB in your backfield. IF the surgery is needed which is debatable he will be out 4-6 months, even if he's out for 6 months he'll be back just after the season starts. The sky is not falling.
                  Pro Bowl RB who has never taken on the full load of carries and many doubt can. They must find another RB to spell Barber and if they are as dead set on RB as you make them be why not take Charles a home grown kid who is maybe a smidge worse then Stewart? Stewart would be in Round 2 if they want him bad enough.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

McGahee can be picked in the 1st round with a shredded knee but this guy suddenly drops out of the 1st Round, with a toe that may be healed by the opener ?

OK. I'll believe that when I see it.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Jayhawk
                      • Aug 2004

if he was ronnie lott he'd just cut it off
                      http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• gr8slayer
                        • Feb 2005

Pro Bowl RB who has never taken on the full load of carries and many doubt can. They must find another RB to spell Barber and if they are as dead set on RB as you make them be why not take Charles a home grown kid who is maybe a smidge worse then Stewart? Stewart would be in Round 2 if they want him bad enough.
                        A Pro Bowl RB who has never been given the opportunity to take a full load of carries.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
                          McGahee can be picked in the 1st round with a shredded knee but this guy suddenly drops out of the 1st Round, with a toe that may be healed by the opener ?

OK. I'll believe that when I see it.
                          Take into account the RB class when McGahee was picked;

Larry Johnson-at the time was considered a second tier RB
                          Musa Smith
                          Chris Brown
                          Justin Fargas
                          Artose Pinner
                          Domanick Williams
                          Onterrio Smith
                          Quentin Griffin
                          Lee Suggs
                          LeBrandon Toefield
                          Brock Forsey
                          Ahmaad Galloway

There was not any real alternative at that point and many people said we reached for McGahee, this year there are 3-4 guys (depending on your rankings) who can replace Stewart with little to no loss in skill level.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

A Pro Bowl RB who has never been given the opportunity to take a full load of carries.
                            That's because why exactly? Either he couldnt beat out Julius Jones for the bulk of the majority load of carries over a full season, or the coaches didnt have the faith in him to hold up? Which is it?
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• gr8slayer
                              • Feb 2005

That's because why exactly? Either he couldnt beat out Julius Jones for the bulk of the majority load of carries over a full season, or the coaches didnt have the faith in him to hold up? Which is it?
                              Parcells was sold on the two back system and Jerry Jones was sold on Julius Jones, thankfully he's over that.

Comment

Working...
                              X