PDA

View Full Version : Please Check Out My First Ever Published Article

crowner
04-11-2003, 04:41 PM
Please take a look at my article and at the bottom there is a link to my email address, please feel free to email and tell me what you think!!!! thanks againg and i would also like to thank the guys who run billsdaily.com, u rule steve, THANX AGAIN!!

http://www.billsdaily.com/articles/2003/earlylook.html

Schobel94
04-11-2003, 04:53 PM
That was pretty good, maybe I wouldnt have used the word ejected, maybe sprigborded. But good job.

Ingtar33
04-11-2003, 05:12 PM
ejected---->catapulted

other than that its good

Dozerdog
04-11-2003, 05:17 PM
Heck- I'll put it as a news article on our front page!

Earthquake Enyart
04-11-2003, 05:44 PM
I was just going to say how, if he had a few more typo's he'd fit right in here.

Seriously, to be a ball buster, you didn't tell us anything that good Bill's fans don't already know. But it did eject you into the world of journalism. :snicker:

crowner
04-11-2003, 07:46 PM
really Dozerdog?????

Brian H
04-11-2003, 07:53 PM
Im gonna take you under my wing being a former columnists myself you have to not make sense and mispel wards leike tis....

Dozerdog
04-11-2003, 08:04 PM
Sorry- I just put it up-

www.billszone.com

had to make a quick run to the store with my wife.

crowner
04-11-2003, 09:11 PM
no problem man, thanx alot for all the help guys, if anyone has any advise please give me a reply or an email at crownr123@hotmail.com, thanx again everyone

Brian H
04-11-2003, 09:28 PM
Drop me a PM if you ever need anything man......

crowner
04-12-2003, 06:17 AM
OK Brian, i have a question, i need some advise on how to get some more recognition, i need to find a way to become more popular, u know what i mean???

venis2k1
04-12-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by crowner
i have a question, i need to find a way to become more popular

Start smoking(all the cool kids do it)

Dozerdog
04-12-2003, 08:49 AM
OK Brian, i have a question, i need some advise on how to get some more recognition, i need to find a way to become more popular, u know what i mean???

This is just too funny....

Crowner- If you want to get more stuff published- drop us a line. We take submissions from all bills fans- even put up articles from Jets/Pats/fin fans.

crowner
04-12-2003, 08:58 AM
ok guys sorry, i didnt mean to be stupid i just wanted to know, sorry

Dozerdog
04-12-2003, 09:04 AM
You're not being Stupid, C.

We are just having some fun:D

Asking Brian how to be popular is like asking Rosie O'Donnell how to be sexy....:jk:

clumping platelets
04-12-2003, 09:05 AM
:gag:

The_Philster
04-12-2003, 10:57 AM
:lol:

Brian H
04-12-2003, 11:55 AM

To be serious (now Im saying this with my "Some call it stalking I call it love t-shirt) you need to promote,promote,promote.Doesn't matter what message board it is,it can be another teams board just spread the word everywhere man........

Brian H
04-12-2003, 11:58 AM
Also people judge your writing if you are a columnist on how you write on these boards.If they see you misspell or not capitalize a word they wont even give you the time of day to read any article you do.....

Fat Tony
04-12-2003, 12:00 PM
Great advice

Brian H
04-12-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
You're not being Stupid, C.

We are just having some fun:D

Asking Brian how to be popular is like asking Rosie O'Donnell how to be sexy....:jk:

Dozer :shutit: Brian

:rofl:

TigerJ
04-12-2003, 09:54 PM
I like to write. I think there are a couple ways to go, if you are shooting for more recognition. First, you could go the "outrageous" route and deliberately say things that are going to stir the pot. We all recognize posters who do that on a regular basis. Sometimes threads started by people like that get very long indeed. Second, you can do your homework. Make sure your opinions are based on solid information. I favor the second route, but when the situation calls for an opinion, don't shy away from stating yours clearly without hedging.

Regarding spelling, grammar and other such peripheral concerns, I think they are very important. I try to always spell correctly. If I'm just posting, I don't check quite as closely as I should, but if I'm writing an article with the intention of seeing it published, I'm going to make sure every word is right. I want to use the correct word when several homonyms are available. I get annoyed to no end when in a published piece someone uses "your" instead of "you're," or "their" when he/she should have used "there."
If you do good work you'll get noticed eventually.