X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Coaching

At what point does Lindy and the asst coaches get held responsible for this ****ing trainwreck that is going on? I know that management has taken away a lot of his talent and there have been injuries but good coaches make it work regardless. It seems like Lindy has lost the team. Did he overreact to the defensive changes in the League this year and turn a fast, skilled, finesse team into a grind it out, dumpin team too fast? I personally think that half the problem is that he is trying to turn the players into something they are not suited for. All of this grind it out bull**** has worn out a lot of the players and is part of the reason for alot of the injuries. One of our best traits over the last couple of years was our transition game. If other teams pinched in too much we made them pay. When was the last time you saw that happen?? It's like ALL of the teams have no respect or fear of us anymore. They send the whole house in to forecheck and usually win everytime. Max is the only one that is playing any kind of the fast breakout style right now and he is the best player on the ice as of late. Lindy is a great coach but he has had a tendency over the years to take skilled forwards and turn them into grinders much like he was back in the day. WTF happened with Bernier?? He scores 3 points in his first game and then a week later he is on the fourth line with Peters and Mair. Stafford has been playing like a ****ing bum lately, why is he on the so calledtop scoring line? Is he playing that much better than Bernier? I don't care, I'm calling out the coaching on a lot of this mess. Lindy panicked too soon and tried to turn this team into a bunch of grind it out goons instead of letting these guys run and gun like their best at. He might as well let them now because what he is doing sure the hell isn't working. It's no wonder all of our top scorers wanted to leave town.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Re: Coaching

Everyone must be Pro-Lindy.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
      I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
      • May 2005

I think Lindy gets a fair deal of slack here after all the success he's had with groups of non-superstar players over the years.

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Must........... use.............. Enter............. Button............... arggggg

Comment

• mchurchfie
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
          I think Lindy gets a fair deal of slack here after all the success he's had with groups of non-superstar players over the years.
          I think he has gotten a fair amount of slack through this whole thing and he has had a lot more than just ordinary talent to work with at times. Maybe it's time to start looking there for once. I love Lindy. I think he is a tremendous coach in a lot of ways but I don't think he is the greatest X's and O's guy at times.
          My Band
          daveviterna.com

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
            I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
            • May 2005

Originally posted by mchurchfie
            I think he has gotten a fair amount of slack through this whole thing and he has had a lot more than just ordinary talent to work with at times. Maybe it's time to start looking there for once. I love Lindy. I think he is a tremendous coach in a lot of ways but I don't think he is the greatest X's and O's guy at times.
            Tell me who he has had that is considered elite talent in this league???

Maybe you could argue for Drury and Briere, but they weren't big names until AFTER the success of the past two seasons and he doesn't have them now either...

Comment

• mchurchfie
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
              Tell me who he has had that is considered elite talent in this league???

Maybe you could argue for Drury and Briere, but they weren't big names until AFTER the success of the past two seasons and he doesn't have them now either...
              He may not have elite talent but he certainly has a whole bunch of above average players on the team that aren't playing up to their potental for whatever reason. Sorry, I don't buy into that. You can have all the talent in the world but if it isn't being used properly it doesn't matter. Why are these players making the same careless mistakes game in and game out and not being corrected by the coaches???
              My Band
              daveviterna.com

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

Lindy was the coach of the year and they took away all of top talent, how can you really blame him and not burst into flames?

Comment

• mchurchfie
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
                  Lindy was the coach of the year and they took away all of top talent, how can you really blame him and not burst into flames?
                  I'm doing it right now and not even smoldering.
                  My Band
                  daveviterna.com

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                    Roways rooking ahread!
                    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by mchurchfie
                    I'm doing it right now and not even smoldering.
                    It happens in a instant, spontaneous combustion. Look what happened to the ~answer and how he posts now, it's sad.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Lindy's a great coach but he's having an awful year. He has lost this team- it's obvious.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                        Closet Bills Fan
                        • Nov 2004

i still think lindy's a great coach..... just alot of problems..... from FA problems, to the mishap with teppo, to injuries.

is he to blame for lack of motivation... possibly, but damnit he can only do so much on the ice... the rest is execution, or lack there of

j-e-t-s
                        jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

Working...
                        X