Article: Stroud's steriod use being ignored?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

Article: Stroud's steriod use being ignored?

This is concerning. Thoughts?

"Stroud’s ankle is a huge question mark, however. Teams don’t give up on run-stuffing tackles that easily. Stroud took supplements to help recover from ankle surgery. That’s one big reason athletes use performance-enhancing drugs — to help recover from injuries.

Who’s to say Stroud won’t cheat again if his ankle affects his ability to stay on the field? He says his steroid suspension is in the past. But it’s not that simple. If the baseball players don’t get the benefit of the doubt, neither does this guy.

As far as I’m concerned, the Bills traded for a liar and a cheat."

~The Answer
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

Re: Article: Stroud's steriod use being ignored?

first of all, what makes him a liar? second, people get second chances in life. He goofed, and Im willing to give him a second shot. Its not like he was doing it to get an edge, he was trying to recover. Thats very popular among athletes (ask andy Pettitte). And finally, after the last couple years of our terrible run D, maybe some ex-roid freak is just what we need.

Comment

• Patrick76777
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Answer
      This is concerning. Thoughts?

"Stroud’s ankle is a huge question mark, however. Teams don’t give up on run-stuffing tackles that easily. Stroud took supplements to help recover from ankle surgery. That’s one big reason athletes use performance-enhancing drugs — to help recover from injuries.

Who’s to say Stroud won’t cheat again if his ankle affects his ability to stay on the field? He says his steroid suspension is in the past. But it’s not that simple. If the baseball players don’t get the benefit of the doubt, neither does this guy.

As far as I’m concerned, the Bills traded for a liar and a cheat."

~The Answer
      My only concern is the Sullivan is a HUGE Loser!
      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

Can Stroud improve the defense? If so that is all that matters to me.

Comment

• raphael120
          Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
          • Oct 2005

Haha...but if he wasn't on the Bills.... "HE'S A BUM, BLAH BLAH BLAH!"

Comment

• hydro
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by raphael120
            Haha...but if he wasn't on the Bills.... "HE'S A BUM, BLAH BLAH BLAH!"
            Your point?
            BERNIAC!

Comment

• Mad Max
              Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
              • Mar 2003

"Stroud said his only failure was a lack of research. Sure. That’s what all the athletes say when they get caught with their hand in the steroid jar. It’s the same excuse Shawne Merriman, the Chargers’ star linebacker, used when he got his four-game suspension two years ago.
              Sorry for being skeptical, but after awhile you become numb to athletes’ denials. No one is ever guilty. All steroids are taken unwittingly. " Jerry Sullivan

I workout, and I use supplements, many (if not most athletes, weightlifters do). Here's the problem, the supplement industry is largely unregulated. What this means is all sorts of stuff can be marketed and sold legally that may not necessarily be legal for use within a given sports league.

How could something be legal to sell and not legal to use by players in a specific league? (ie a particular product or substance was on their "banned substances" list). Here's how. A lot of stuff that is on banned substances lists, is, when sold, inert. BUT, and herein lies the rub, when ingested, the body will convert many of these substances into REAL steroids. Those substances, called "pro-hormones" are often marketed as "legal, safe,and extremely effective in the building and or repair or muscle".

So I think a lot of these athletes are actually using these pro-hormones out of ignorance. They buy them over the counter, so they think they must be legal, right? The boxes don't say "warning, steroids within". And when the random drug tests come back positive, I'm sure many of them are truly shocked, after all they never injected any "gear", how they heck did they come back "positive"?

You have to remember, most of these guys are not the brightest of bulbs, they're not going to do a lot of research on things like these. They heard or see something work, and it's legal..done deal.

Now don't get me wrong some athletes may well know that what they're ingesting will turn into a banned substance, and plan on claiming ignorance if caught on a test. But some of them likely are victims of their own ignorance, train 'em up.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                • Jul 2002

Didn't Jim Miller get busted for using over the counter meds?
                You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Kenny
                  • Aug 2004

Truth is, he worries me too. Teams dont give up on players that are both one of the best in the game at their given position, and a player who helps make a core part of their team.... unless there's something wrong with them.
                  He's not young, and no one really knows if he's recovered from his injury yet.

But
                  , we only gave up a 3rd rounder (and a day2 pick)... so I think the risk is well worth it.
                  He's no longer a player you'll build your defense around, but there's no doubt he makes our defense better if he's healthy.
                  Besides, -do you really think we can pick up a rookie in the last round of day1 with as much risk/reward potential as Stroud?

Comment

• don137
                    • Jul 2002

The Answer and Jerry Sullivan are two peas in a pod...Nobody takes them seriously.

Comment

• hydro
                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Kenny
                      Truth is, he worries me too. Teams dont give up on players that are both one of the best in the game at their given position, and a player who helps make a core part of their team.... unless there's something wrong with them.
                      He's not young, and no one really knows if he's recovered from his injury yet.

But
                      , we only gave up a 3rd rounder (and a day2 pick)... so I think the risk is well worth it.
                      He's no longer a player you'll build your defense around, but there's no doubt he makes our defense better if he's healthy.
                      Besides, -do you really think we can pick up a rookie in the last round of day1 with as much risk/reward potential as Stroud?
                      Round 3 is a day two pick now in the new format.
                      BERNIAC!

Comment

• Kenny
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by hydrosmak
                        Round 3 is a day two pick now in the new format.
                        I heard they changed it (ie., shortened the time allocated for draft choices), but didnt know they changed the day1/day2 structure!
                        Thanks for the heads up1

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

Jerry Sullivan is a holier than thou, unforgiving SOB.

I hope to Hell he is living a perfect life.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• evol4276
                            • Oct 2005

hollis thomas got busted for using steroid INHALERS! im asthmatic and can tell you that doesn't mean ass. they ban some ridiculous things

Comment

• Confused
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Jun 2007

he can cheat all he wants. He's on our team. As long as he stops Maroney, Mcfadden, Ronnie Brown, willie Parker and the like not to mention rips that pretty lil faggit Tom Brady's head off he can do no wrong in my book.

Comment

Working...
                              X