PDA

View Full Version : If NHL draft was held today Sabres would draft 7th

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-13-2008, 05:01 PM
WGRZ's Adam Benigini reports that if the NHL draft was held today the Sabres would have the 7th pick in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft. The Sabres didn't have a draft a first round draft choice last year as they traded that pick up to the Capitals to get Danius Zubrus. The Sabres have two first round draft choices this year one is their own and one is later in the round which they got that pick from the Sharks in the Brian Campbell deal. Everyone remembers Buffalo's own Patrick Kane was the first pick in last years draft taken by the Blackhawks this year teams will be Jockeying for Steven Stamkos from Canada who is like Penguins Sidney Crosby. This draft is also said to be filled with talented players. USA also leads the way with 22 players. The NHL draft is Nothing like the NFL draft these kids are only 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 year old kids still going to college and some never make it to the NHL.

Nighthawk
03-13-2008, 05:04 PM
WGRZ's Adam Benigini reports that if the NHL draft was held today the Sabres would have the 7th pick in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft. The Sabres didn't have a draft a first round draft choice last year as they traded that pick up to the Capitals to get Danius Zubrus. The Sabres have two first round draft choices this year one is their own and one is later in the round they got that pick from the Sharks in the Brian Campbell deal. Everyone remembers Buffalo's own Patrick Kane was the first pick in last years draft this year teams will be Jockeying for Steven Stamkos from Canada who is like Penguins Sidney Crosby. This draft is also said to be filled with talented players. USA also leads the way with 22 players.

There is a lottery at the top of the draft, so I don't think it is possible to say where they would pick with 100% certainty at this time.

Jayhawk
03-13-2008, 05:05 PM
hopefully we could get Alex Pietrangelo,

Ebenezer
03-13-2008, 05:09 PM
There is a lottery at the top of the draft, so I don't think it is possible to say where they would pick with 100% certainty at this time.
the lottery, i think, is only for the lowest five teams.

and personally? if they are going to not make the playoffs then they might as well go for the first overall.

Nighthawk
03-13-2008, 05:15 PM
the lottery, i think, is only for the lowest five teams.

and personally? if they are going to not make the playoffs then they might as well go for the first overall.

I agree. It's almost getting to the point where, for the betterment of the team, you have to start to root against them. I'd love for them to make the playoffs, but if they're not going to make it, I want them to bomb so that they have a better chance at getting the #1 pick! This draft is very good at the top and it would be an immediate upgrade in the talent on this team.

gr8slayer
03-13-2008, 05:17 PM
Is the draft in hockey as meaningful as it is in the NFL or is it virtually useless like it is in baseball?

Nighthawk
03-13-2008, 05:19 PM
Is the draft in hockey as meaningful as it is in the NFL or is it virtually useless like it is in baseball?

It's not like the NFL, but if you can get one of the top 3 or 4 picks, then you definitely will get a guy who can play right away. It's not as easy to pinpoint players like it is in the NFL, but it is more meaningful than baseball's draft.