• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

How can anyone not want him?

Seriously, a few have commented that they arent big fans of him. I just cant see how, this guy has Buffalo Bills written all over him:

NFL | Schmitt works out at Pro Day
    Thu, 13 Mar 2008 14:38:58 -0700
    West Virginia University RB Owen Schmitt worked out at his school's Pro Day Thursday, March 13. Schmitt ran a 4.72 40-yard dash, a 4.11-second short shuttle, a 6.85-second three-cone drill and an 11.85-second long shuttle. He measured in at 6-foot-2 and 249 pounds. Schmitt performed mostly fullback drills, but did some halfback and tight end work as well. He did not drop a single pass all day.

• VeggieMan14
    • Jan 2008

Re: How can anyone not want him?

i hope we get him haes a beast imagine him blocking for marshawn ahh giggity giggity
    I feel a win streak coming and a Bills Playoff Run!!!

VeggieMan- To many Concussions as a kid

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
      • Feb 2005

We don't have the luxury of taking a FB in round 4... Talk to me about round 5.

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by draz54
        We don't have the luxury of taking a FB in round 4... Talk to me about round 5.
        Well, draz54, it was bound to happen at some point. I'm gonna have to disagree with you. I think a starting FB of his caliber would be a much better 4th round pick than a 5th string WR. A #5 developmental WR would be the luxary pick, IMO.
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
          Well, draz54, it was bound to happen at some point. I'm gonna have to disagree with you. I think a starting FB of his caliber would be a much better 4th round pick than a 5th string WR. A #5 developmental WR would be the luxary pick, IMO.
          Not really considering we dont have a capable #3 or #4 WR and with Evans maybe leaving after the following season its even more of a need. What's the point of taking a player as versatile as Schmitt when we only need one of his talents? We can get a just as good blocker later in the draft, so why take this guy? Yes he'd be the sexy pick but he's not the smart pick.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• X-Era
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            Not really considering we dont have a capable #3 or #4 WR and with Evans maybe leaving after the following season its even more of a need. What's the point of taking a player as versatile as Schmitt when we only need one of his talents? We can get a just as good blocker later in the draft, so why take this guy? Yes he'd be the sexy pick but he's not the smart pick.
            It was a nice luxury to have a quality receiving FB in Larry Centers, Shmitt isnt that good, but the hands and versatility help a team with a pocket QB.

Comment

• Confused
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Jun 2007

GET THIS GUY HERE!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
                It was a nice luxury to have a quality receiving FB in Larry Centers, Shmitt isnt that good, but the hands and versatility help a team with a pocket QB.
                Be tough to do considering on most passing downs we wont have FB in.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• Confused
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Jun 2007

2 WR SET. 1 TE. 1 FB 1 RB. pERFECT PLAY ACTION TIME.

Comment

• yordad
                    • Dec 2007

So, Josh Reed and Parrish aren't even solid #3s now? What ever happened to the notion that we had 3 #3s and no #2s? You mean we started a #5 last year? No wonder our QBs sucked.
                    Ahem... remember you said he didn't have good hands? Did you happen to catch his receiving work out?

We have a FB that couldn't make anyones team last year, not even ours (and we didn't have one). Fairchild is on record saying he plans to use the FB. If we don't draft one, seems no one will. If he doensn't have value to us in the fifth, he surely couldn't have value to anyone else.
                    Originally posted by hoofhearted
                    One more thing Turk said he plans to do more of.
                    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

I really hope your not suggesting we are going back to the painfully obvious "attack" where we only brought in the FB when we ran a.l.a the Antwoian Smith years. That was the most painful offense to watch.

Cant remember who the brainchild OC was, either Henning or Gilbride... I think.

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by hoofhearted
                        To be honest, I dont really like sets that use the FB... too many people in thebox and not enough receiving options. But its not my choice to make. I hope it works for us, and I guess Im only saying that if were using it, lets get a guy like Schmitt

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
                          So, Josh Reed and Parrish aren't even solid #3s now? What ever happened to the notion that we had 3 #3s and no #2s? You mean we started a #5 last year? No wonder our QBs sucked.

Ahem... remember you said he didn't have good hands? Did you happen to catch his receiving work out?

We have a FB that couldn't make anyones team last year, not even ours (and we didn't have one). Fairchild is on record saying he plans to use the FB. If we don't draft one, seems no one will. If he doensn't have value to us in the fifth, he surely couldn't have value to anyone else.
                          One more thing Turk said he plans to do more of.
                          First all I address the WR question, Reed is really only good at blocking and Parrish shouldn't even be a consistent option in the passing attack. He's good for the occasional play where he can get lost in the coverage, but to think he can be a consistent option isn't really fathomable.

Yes I remember and I stand by that, Schmitt doesnt have the hands to be the next centers and if you think him catching balls by himself on a field disproves that well then I have some beach front property in Montana to sell you.

Where did Turk directly say he plans to use the FB more in the passing game again? I missed that quote.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
                            I really hope your not suggesting we are going back to the painfully obvious "attack" where we only brought in the FB when we ran a.l.a the Antwoian Smith years. That was the most painful offense to watch.

Cant remember who the brainchild OC was, either Henning or Gilbride... I think.
                            You'd rather go with the current offense that had produced so well for us? Im not suggesting we return to our old offense, however if its 3rd and 11 and we trot our FB out there is anybody in there right mind going to be the least bit thrown off?
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• yordad
                              • Dec 2007

First all I address the WR question, Reed is really only good at blocking and Parrish shouldn't even be a consistent option in the passing attack. He's good for the occasional play where he can get lost in the coverage, but to think he can be a consistent option isn't really fathomable.

Yes I remember and I stand by that, Schmitt doesnt have the hands to be the next centers and if you think him catching balls by himself on a field disproves that well then I have some beach front property in Montana to sell you.

Where did Turk directly say he plans to use the FB more in the passing game again? I missed that quote.
                              OK, Parrish is small, so he cannot be a rotational #3? And, Reed can block, so he can't be a rotational #3? I think we are going to have to disagree for now. And, I will point out, Reed has done alright in the #3 role in the past.

No one said Schmitt was the next Centers. But, do you think Barnes is? All I said was I think he has better hands the Gaines. Is Gaines the next Centers in Detroit? Speaking of unfathomable.

And, where did I say he said he plans to use the FB more "in the passing game". I didn't say that. You are putting words in my mouth. I said he said he plans to use it more. And, if he plans to use it more, I would like a versitile FB.

If I was gulible I would buy what your selling a little easier, don't you think? What makes you think you can't convince me Schmitt is a schmuck, but you can sell me beach front property in Montana? There seems to be a flaw in your thinking.

Why can't you just admit Schmitt's hands were more impressive then you originally thought? Seems harmless.

Comment

Working...
                              X