PDA

View Full Version : I just need to "service" our message board for a minute

X-Era
03-13-2008, 09:32 PM
I do go and scan other boards out there including one that I used to frequent.

I just want to make a few observations about this board:

1) Our backgrounds, logos, and style are FAR superior to other Bills boards
2) We have more "zones" that cover a wider spread of what people want to talk about
3) We have zone(s) that allow people to speak freely without fear of reprisal and in a manner where they speak most comfortably (sometimes in crude language).
4) We have people who are dedicated to providing the most accurate un-official information on such topics as the NFL draft and the salary cap that can be found anywhere related to the Bills
5) We have moderators, admins, etc... that allow each person to speak their mind freely, whether popular or not, without fear of being banned.
6) We have a board which allows different opinions to flourish without interference from the mods, admins, etc... as long as the TOS is observed.

I can honestly, and whole-heartedly say, that if I knew everything I know today about all the boards out there and places to get Bills information and discussion, this would be my #1 place to go without a doubt.

I just went to another popular Bills board and was again reminded for the billionth time why our board is so much better in so many ways!

Im giving a clap to all of us posters, the board, its mod's, admin's, etc...

:dance: :dance: :clap: :dance: :dance:

shelby
03-14-2008, 04:22 AM
Thank you....it's nice to hear that.

We have a really hardworking staff and it's nice to be appreciated once in a while.

jamze132
03-14-2008, 04:56 AM
I think if the BillsZone would advertise more, you would see a lot more members and more money!

Remember, you have to spend money to make money.

And get rid of FTP and The Answer so potential new members aren't turned off. There are a lot of really good posters on here but a few idiots screw it up for everyone.

SquishDaFish
03-14-2008, 07:14 AM
Great posting JP and Jamze

X-Era
03-14-2008, 07:54 AM
Great posting JP and Jamze

I guess I will never lose the "JPEra" user name huh...

Anyways, cute kid.

X-Era
03-14-2008, 08:01 AM
I think if the BillsZone would advertise more, you would see a lot more members and more money!

Remember, you have to spend money to make money.

And get rid of FTP and The Answer so potential new members aren't turned off. There are a lot of really good posters on here but a few idiots screw it up for everyone.

Hmmm... I will tell you what.

Back in the day, my favorite board was another one that many frequent. It had its share of tools like you would find pretty much anywhere. But waht I noticed is that they allowed wise cracks and personal attacks as long as they werent over the top. So, like everyone else, I chimed in and played the game.

After a while it got really annoying. You basically could bring up anything with a half dozen wise ass responses to make you look like a fool.

Whats even worse than that is that the characters who were doing it were MOD favorites. If you slammed back, the MODS jumped in and took their side.

It was the most ridiculous method of handling a message board I have ever seen.

Yet here, even when the discussions get heated, we manage to maintain a sense of mutual respect. The biggest difference is that the MOD's are truly neutral IMO. Im sure (I know first hand) that they would love to pick a side sometimes. But they manage to keep their views very unbiased.

Anyways, I ditched that other clown board for this one.

mybills
03-14-2008, 08:39 AM
You're giving us clap? :eek:

Mr. Miyagi
03-14-2008, 09:10 AM
Thanks for your comments EdwardsEra. We try hard to keep things that way. Personally I was recruited to BZ from another much lesser board, and once I came here I never went back, even quit my admin duties over there to be here. There is no contest, like you said.

Please continue to provide feedback, positive or negative, to us so we can keep improving and not become complacent.

:miyagi:

X-Era
03-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Thanks for your comments EdwardsEra. We try hard to keep things that way. Personally I was recruited to BZ from another much lesser board, and once I came here I never went back, even quit my admin duties over there to be here. There is no contest, like you said.

Please continue to provide feedback, positive or negative, to us so we can keep improving and not become complacent.

Fine, heres more feedback... My very old International Scout needs some special Miyagi attention... wax on, wax off. :dance:

yordad
03-14-2008, 05:59 PM
I like this board way more then the board that banned me for having a different opinion than a mod. Ahem.... buffalobills.com.

Oaf
03-14-2008, 06:10 PM
Definitely the most visited site for me in the last 5 years. Lately, my Bills fix has been split Billszone and BuffaloRumblings, but not because I think one is better, but b/c I like to bounce ideas from one site to the other.

GREAT job guys!

lordofgun
03-14-2008, 09:00 PM
Definitely the most visited site for me in the last 5 years. Lately, my Bills fix has been split Billszone and BuffaloRumblings, but not because I think one is better, but b/c I like to bounce ideas from one site to the other.

GREAT job guys!
Unacceptable.

jamze132
03-15-2008, 01:46 AM

Want more feedback?

I like the way the BZ is set up, I like the front page, and I like all the different forums to post varous topics in. I don't like FTP or Answer. :dance:

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-15-2008, 06:26 AM
This board is superior in every aspect except for the Buffalo Sabres board, but then again it is the Billszone.

shelby
03-15-2008, 07:48 AM
What could we do to improve the Sabres Zone?

Mr. Miyagi
03-15-2008, 08:14 AM
Fine, heres more feedback... My very old International Scout needs some special Miyagi attention... wax on, wax off. :dance:
That did not sound very heterosexual. :ill:

jamze132
03-15-2008, 04:47 PM
What could we do to improve the Sabres Zone?
Shelby, I don't honestly know what you guys can do about the Sabres Zone. I think unless the Sabres are one of the front runners for the conference, they take a back seat to the Bills.

Obviously they aren't playing good enough to warrant everyones attention this year and it's something we all expected due to our management's poor offseason last year. There just isn't much to be excited about at HSBC right now and throw in all the injuries we are going through right now, people just aren't interested.

So I don't really know what you can do to stoke the interest in the Sabres Zone except to advertise it more throughout this website. I still check it out occasionaly but I can't say the same for others. I don't think there is anything astheticaly you guys can do to the Sabres Zone. Unless you guys can make the Sabres win...

Oaf
03-15-2008, 04:51 PM
Unacceptable.
:sadwalk:

:hang:

Confused
03-15-2008, 06:33 PM
Nothing you said is true. this site sux balls.

X-Era
03-16-2008, 09:05 AM
That did not sound very heterosexual. :ill:

No, its my old truck.