• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Let Me be the first to say...

Over the last two days two new tickets have appeared. While they flirt with star power, the after deadline entries show a lack of communication and desire to be your president.

For the record, I have been on since day one, hell I started the damn thread. It is not up to me, if these canidates should be allowed, I welcome the competition. I do take my hat off to jfree, playa and Duj, all who wanted to do this from Day One!

***The Zone election was not soley my idea it originated in a conversation with Devin, I am in no way taking credit away from Devin. I am just siting that I posted the initial thread, which later turned to our first debate.***
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• L.A. Playa
    • Aug 2003

Re: Let Me be the first to say...

If they want to run let them run, I am sure some candidates wil ldrop out faster than Rudy Giuliani

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

If a candidate was for a free society he or she would not want to prohibit anyone from running. Mike Bedard is sounding more and more like a dictator in the making. If this is what you want for the zone so be it.

Comment

• The King
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
        If a candidate was for a free society he or she would not want to prohibit anyone from running. Mike Bedard is sounding more and more like a dictator in the making. If this is what you want for the zone so be it.
        Certainly not.

I was simply pointing out the lack of organization of the two, last minute canidates.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
          • Jul 2002

The Gunz/Chern ticket was poised to run from the get go, but computer issues caused us to miss the original deadline. It had nothing to do with being disorganized, and everything to with extigent circumstances. The call went out again, and we were ready to lead.
          You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

The Gunz/Cher ticket screams of censorship of the masses

Comment

• L.A. Playa
              • Aug 2003

Gunz/Cher,

Good Luck in your campaign.

L.A. Playa

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                The Gunz/Cher ticket screams of censorship of the masses
                I disagree, Corey.

I feel it is a well balanced ticket. As a mod I was voted most popular mod in the zone awards, and narrowly lost the next year (1 vote) to NBF. I like to feel that I was fair and believed in a lasaiz-faire (sp?) attitude when it came to modding. I have been known to get a bit, shall we say, fired up at times, and Chern's even temper and old school values not even that out. More than that, it makes us stronger.
                You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• The King
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
                  The Gunz/Chern ticket was poised to run from the get go, but computer issues caused us to miss the original deadline. It had nothing to do with being disorganized, and everything to with extigent circumstances. The call went out again, and we were ready to lead.
                  Computer Problems? Certainly understandable... but perhaps you could explain to the zoners why you had 55 posts over the last 7 days none of which mentioned you running for office?

BillsZone is the most active Buffalo Bills Football interactive fan site on the net!

Perhaps your computer problem wouldnt allow you to type "I would like to run for office" but it did allow you to type...

Forum: >>ThE tWiLiGhT zOnE<< Yesterday, 12:43 PM Replies: 24
                  St Pattys day Plans
                  Views: 143
                  Posted By Gunzlingr
                  Re: St Pattys day Plans

Nothing. I am not Irish so I don't give a ****.

Forum: >>ThE tWiLiGhT zOnE<< Yesterday, 09:14 AM Replies: 47
                  The MySpace page of Eliot Spitzer's lil' friend
                  Views: 289
                  Posted By Gunzlingr
                  Re: The MySpace page of Eliot Spitzer's lil' friend

I added her to my friends list

Forum: >>ThE tWiLiGhT zOnE<< 03-07-2008, 11:41 AM Replies: 12
                  I just got an XBOX!
                  Views: 96
                  Posted By Gunzlingr
                  Re: I just got an XBOX!

Bagpipe Hero comes with a bedazzled kilt.

oh yea... and this one.

Forum: Zone Presidential Campaign 2008 03-11-2008, 07:28 AM Replies: 37
                  Thinking about voting for someone else?
                  Views: 205
                  Posted By Gunzlingr
                  Re: Thinking about voting for someone else?

That **** was tight.

Way to rock the vote, Mike.

MBB in '08!
                  It was all

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by L.A. Playa
                    Gunz/Cher,

Good Luck in your campaign.

L.A. Playa
                    Thank you, Patrick, and the same to you. It is nice to see class amongst at least some the candidates.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
                      Computer Problems? Certainly understandable... but perhaps you could explain to the zoners why you had 55 posts over the last 7 days none of which mentioned you running for office?

BillsZone is the most active Buffalo Bills Football interactive fan site on the net!

Perhaps your computer problem wouldnt allow you to type "I would like to run for office" but it did allow you to type...

Forum: >>ThE tWiLiGhT zOnE<< Yesterday, 12:43 PM Replies: 24
                      St Pattys day Plans
                      Views: 143
                      Posted By Gunzlingr
                      Re: St Pattys day Plans

Nothing. I am not Irish so I don't give a ****.

Forum: >>ThE tWiLiGhT zOnE<< Yesterday, 09:14 AM Replies: 47
                      The MySpace page of Eliot Spitzer's lil' friend
                      Views: 289
                      Posted By Gunzlingr
                      Re: The MySpace page of Eliot Spitzer's lil' friend

I added her to my friends list

Forum: >>ThE tWiLiGhT zOnE<< 03-07-2008, 11:41 AM Replies: 12
                      I just got an XBOX!
                      Views: 96
                      Posted By Gunzlingr
                      Re: I just got an XBOX!

Bagpipe Hero comes with a bedazzled kilt.

oh yea... and this one.

Forum: Zone Presidential Campaign 2008 03-11-2008, 07:28 AM Replies: 37
                      Thinking about voting for someone else?
                      Views: 205
                      Posted By Gunzlingr
                      Re: Thinking about voting for someone else?

That **** was tight.

Way to rock the vote, Mike.

MBB in '08!
                      It had to do with my home computer, and not wanting to send PMs from work. I am not going to get fired over the zone election. However I did get to work this morning early and send off a few regarding the official announcement.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                        Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                        • Jan 2004

Great question Gunz, I'm glad you asked.

Though we have been great commrades through our days here on the zone, I ask my fellow zoners this: Do you want a President with an unstable online connection? What happens if ruthless thugs take over the zone and our Pres is MIA because of a "timeout". Think about it folks. I know what my answer would be.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman

Though we have been great commrades through our days here on the zone, I ask my fellow zoners this: Do you want a President with an unstable online connection? What happens if ruthless thugs take over the zone and our Pres is MIA because of a "timeout". Think about it folks. I know what my answer would be.

1 time in 6 years is hardly unstable. I hardly think that it is an issue when I am in the top 5 most frequent poster on the boards. If you believe this to be an issue, then the terrorists have already won.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                            Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                            • Jan 2004

If you believe this to be an issue, then the terrorists have already won.

Again, my fellow zoners... is this the kind of leadership you desire? People... I implore you...

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by MBBedard
                              Over the last two days two new tickets have appeared. While they flirt with star power, the after deadline entries show a lack of communication and desire to be your president.

For the record, I have been on since day one, hell I started the damn thread. It is not up to me, if these canidates should be allowed, I welcome the competition. I do take my hat off to jfree, playa and Duj, all who wanted to do this from Day One!

***The Zone election was not soley my idea it originated in a conversation with Devin, I am in no way taking credit away from Devin. I am just siting that I posted the initial thread, which later turned to our first debate.***
                              This is true. You tried to annoint yourself emporer of the zone from day one. I also see why you take your hat off to jfree, playa, and Duj. You wiped the floor with the first two and Duj hasn't been here long and has little knowledge of this place. Now that two formidable candidates for president have surfaced, you get a little nervous. It is under pressure that true greatness reveals itself. Good luck to you sir!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍