• Jun 2005

Thurman is on Sirius right now...

I just turned it on hes on being interviewed
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: Thurman is on Sirius right now...

He didn't say anything ground breaking.
    - He likes living in Buffalo.
    - Buffalo wasn't his first choice coming out of college but learned to like it.
    - Mentioned his wife fifty times like he always does.
    - Said that the Bills are still king in Buffalo.
    - He's willing to do what it takes to help keep them in Buffalo.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
      - He's willing to do what it takes to help keep them in Buffalo.
      Does Thurman have any money? When he was playing they didn't give huge contracts like they do now. And he hardly does any endorsements.

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
        Does Thurman have any money? When he was playing they didn't give huge contracts like they do now. And he hardly does any endorsements.
        I've asked the same about Kelly but people seem convinced. Maybe he's talking in terms of helping to get support from outside sources.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
          • Jun 2005

He also said they went to 4 str8 SBs because they were a close knit team. They would watch Monday Night football together and on Fridays they would all take their wives out for dinner together, and they loved to see each others kids. Nothing like it is now. I miss those days of football

Comment

• gr8slayer
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BEASTMODE
            He also said they went to 4 str8 SBs because they were a close knit team. They would watch Monday Night football together and on Fridays they would all take their wives out for dinner together, and they loved to see each others kids. Nothing like it is now. I miss those days of football
            Yeah, things like free agency have ****ed that up.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
              • Feb 2005

The Bills aren't king right now, but they will be again if the Sabres miss the playoffs (like they're about to).

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
                The Bills aren't king right now, but they will be again if the Sabres miss the playoffs (like they're about to).
                The only place the NHL is king over the NFL might be Detroit.

Comment

• hydro
                  • Oct 2005

The past two year, the Sabres were more popular than the Bills in Buffalo. Believe me!
                  BERNIAC!

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                    • Jun 2005

Wont be any longer when they dont make the playoffs after everyone expecting them to be great this year

Comment

• SABuffalo786
                      • Feb 2003

Originally posted by BEASTMODE
                      Wont be any longer when they dont make the playoffs after everyone expecting them to be great this year

Not to derail this thread any further but trust me, you'd be hard pressed to find any serious Sabre fans who thought they'd be great this year.
                      "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
                      We are the Rockpile
                      We are the Rockpile
                      BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                        • Feb 2005

Nah, Detroit shouldn't even be called hockeytown anymore. Their city is much larger than Buffalo and they can't even sell out games like we can right now. Throw in the fact that they have one of the best, if not the best team in the league, and ours has played like crap.

And with all due respect, you left/ditched Buffalo, so how would you know better than I? Buffalo has been all about hockey the past two years.
                        Last edited by DMBcrew36; 03-15-2008, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by SABuffalo786
                          Not to derail this thread any further but trust me, you'd be hard pressed to find any serious Sabre fans who thought they'd be great this year.
                          What exactly is great? Because I consider myself, and certain friends of mine, to be extremely knowledgable about hockey and the Sabres (I played and trained in Canada for years), and we all thought the Sabres would make the playoffs. We thought they would be pretty damn good, regardless of the offseason. Two players don't make a team.

And people you mention to be hardcore fans include a lot of people around this town who don't know much even though they claim to. They might be hardcore now, but just started seriously following the team 2 years ago. And they might not even play the game. To completely understand the game and the players, you need to play the game and live the lifestyle.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                            • Feb 2005

Nah, Detroit shouldn't even be called hockeytown anymore. Their city is much larger than Buffalo and they can't even sell out games like we can right now. Throw in the fact that they have one of the best, if not the best team in the league, and ours has played like crap.

And with all due respect, you left/ditched Buffalo, so how would you know better than I? Buffalo has been all about hockey the past two years.
                            I never lived in Buffalo. All you have to do to know that the NFL is king is look at the numbers, but I won't get back into that old argument.

Comment

• SABuffalo786
                              • Feb 2003

What exactly is great? Because I consider myself, and certain friends of mine, to be extremely knowledgable about hockey and the Sabres (I played and trained in Canada for years), and we all thought the Sabres would make the playoffs.
                              The general consensus I was gathering from various message boards/talk around town before the season started was they'd sneak in at 7th or 8th place. 5th at the very best.

Two players don't make a team.
                              Apparently they did, for this team at least.

And people you mention to be hardcore fans include a lot of people around this town who don't know much even though they claim to. They might be hardcore now, but just started seriously following the team 2 years ago. And they might not even play the game. To completely understand the game and the players, you need to play the game and live the lifestyle.
                              Whatever. I'm not about to get in a pissing match over whose fan c*ck is bigger here. That's probably the lamest argument you can have in any sport. You don't need to be totally immersed in the game and its culture to know that the Sabres weren't going to be the same powerhouse they've been the two post-lockout years. Jesus, even Darcy admitted it on Black Tuesday.

*****! There goes the thread. Ermmm......Go Bills.
                              "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
                              We are the Rockpile
                              We are the Rockpile
                              BUFF-A-LO

Comment

Working...
                              X