PDA

View Full Version : How about some help for the offense?

Nighthawk
03-14-2008, 12:45 PM
I understand that we will address WR in the draft, but we still need more players at that position and not bringing in ANYBODY via FA seems a bit foolish to me.

acehole
03-14-2008, 12:52 PM
I understand that we will address WR in the draft, but we still need more players at that position and not bringing in ANYBODY via FA seems a bit foolish to me.

We dont need anyone Trent Edwards will replace JP and all will be peachy!

Wr's,te Oline good offensive coordinator...none of it maters!

Jesus....er Trent Edwards will save us!

The Spaz
03-14-2008, 12:53 PM
Didn't really see much out there as far as TE's and WR's that would give instant impact. Bryant Johnson and Troupe were the only one's I thought woudl give us anything.

The Spaz
03-14-2008, 12:54 PM
We dont need anyone Trent Edwards will replace JP and all will be peachy!

Wr's,te Oline good offensive coordinator...none of it maters!

Jesus....er Trent Edwards will save us!

Losman can wash Jesus's feet at halftime.

Mitchy moo
03-14-2008, 12:54 PM

Is FA over or did I misss something?? What's funny is when we bring people in that are borderline starters or may get cut, people complain. When we bring no one in people complain. When we bring in good players but they have unrealistic expectations about compensation, peoiple complain.

Looking at all of this no matter what the Bills do, people complain.

Nighthawk
03-14-2008, 12:57 PM
Is FA over or did I misss something?? What's funny is when we bring people in that are borderline starters or may get cut, people complain. When we bring no one in people complain. When we bring in good players but they have unrealistic expectations about compensation, peoiple complain.

Looking at all of this no matter what the Bills do, people complain.

This team has not yet addressed the offensive side of the ball, which, by the way...was one of the worst in the game. Yes, I think that is cause for concern.

acehole
03-14-2008, 12:57 PM

hahaha good sheet.

Mitchy moo
03-14-2008, 01:11 PM
This team has not yet addressed the offensive side of the ball, which, by the way...was one of the worst in the game. Yes, I think that is cause for concern.

So was our D and there are alot of WR's in this years draft. Coin toss and arguments as to who is going to be the best WR in this years draft. I will say that the best receiver is going to be the one that goes to the team that can utilize his talents the best.

kernowboy
03-14-2008, 01:18 PM
At the moment there have only been very average players available in Free Agency. However before and after the draft, players will be cut from rosters who can come to the Bills and make a significant difference.

There is no point in reaching and massively overspending whilst not improving the team.

All this achieves is to make it more difficult to resign those guys on the roster that we need to.

raphael120
03-14-2008, 01:23 PM
Teyo Johnson and that other big tall TE are going to be the saviors of our offense!!!!!

But seriously, a rookie WR and rookie TE are not going to make this offense suddenly become respectable.

Think about it.

Our offense, as a whole, is going to be one of the youngest in the league.

(And this is assuming we draft a WR and TE)

Trent Edwards, 2nd year player
Lynch, 2nd year,
Evans, 4th year
Rookie WR
Rookie TE

And worst of all...ROOKIE OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR!!

We're relying on a lot of young, inexperienced guys to make this thing work.

Unless Edwards just suddenly "gets it" and catches fire and Lynch is running his ass off, only then will we even have a shot at being a little bit better offensively.

I think what Jauron is trying to do is do like the Bears did, offense was not emphasized but defense was and he's going to ride his defense to the playoffs if we get there.

Jan Reimers
03-14-2008, 01:24 PM
You don't consider Darian Barnes, Teyo Johnson and Courtney Anderson to be major cogs in our offense?

OpIv37
03-14-2008, 05:28 PM

Oh come on- we signed some FA's on D. Being 30th on offense isn't good enough for you? You don't think Royal, Schouman and what's-his-name are good enough at TE? You don't think Reed, Evans and Parrish are good enough at WR? You don't think Christian Gaddis and Kirk Chambers are good OL depth>

Man, some people just like to hear themselves complain.

:snicker:

Philagape
03-14-2008, 05:47 PM
Hackett's the last hope :sigh:

I'm not that worried about a rookie starting if we get the right one. It won't take much to make this starting lineup, so as long as he picks up the game quickly, he can make a decent contribution and hopefully draw some attention from Evans. It's happened. Sweed's work ethic and intangibles are mentioned in his strengths, so he could make an immediate impact.

ddaryl
03-14-2008, 06:08 PM
there really isn't or wasn't crap in FA that would have made this team much better. Those would make this team marginally better got pay days beyond there worth...

not much else could be done. Werebuilding through the draft, and I imagine some depth signings from here to training camp.

We do have to resign our own while we have the room, if we don't then I'll be pissed.

OpIv37
03-14-2008, 06:11 PM
there really isn't or wasn't crap in FA that would have made this team much better. Those would make this team marginally better got pay days beyond there worth...

not much else could be done. Werebuilding through the draft, and I imagine some depth signings from here to training camp.

We do have to resign our own while we have the room, if we don't then I'll be pissed.

this will be our 3rd year of "rebuilding through the draft", and on paper the 30th ranked offense has had ZERO additions. Do you honestly believe that a few draft picks are going to turn this horrid offense into a good one or even a mediocre one?

You do bring up a good point about a lack of available talent in FA, but at the same time, guys like Peters and Evans are going to be long gone before we get good if we keep rebuilding at this slow pace. We'll be constantly chasing our tails.

Oaf
03-14-2008, 06:15 PM
Only if he agrees to do it with a jar of alabaster. :scratch:

Nighthawk
03-14-2008, 07:25 PM
You don't consider Darian Barnes, Teyo Johnson and Courtney Anderson to be major cogs in our offense?

Oh, I forgot, my bad. :oops:

Nighthawk
03-14-2008, 07:29 PM
Oh come on- we signed some FA's on D. Being 30th on offense isn't good enough for you? You don't think Royal, Schouman and what's-his-name are good enough at TE? You don't think Reed, Evans and Parrish are good enough at WR? You don't think Christian Gaddis and Kirk Chambers are good OL depth>

Man, some people just like to hear themselves complain.

:snicker:

That's me. What am I thinking...actually looking for the Bills to improve one of the worst offenses in the league. I'm a terrible fan! :hitself:

YardRat
03-14-2008, 07:40 PM
I'm all for still bringing in an old guy cheap to at least baby-sit the #2 WR spot for the first half of the season until the rookie gets up to speed. It would benefit Evans to have a more legit receiver opposite him than Reed or Parrish, it would benefit JR and RP to stay in the slots on 3 and 4-wides, it would benefit the TE, and it would benefit Edwards to have another capable vet to look at in the passing game.

When the rookie catches up, he moves into #2, and assuming Evans deal gets re-done we're golden.

Win-win, in my book.

Tatonka
03-14-2008, 07:50 PM
i couldnt have said it better myself.

Teyo Johnson and that other big tall TE are going to be the saviors of our offense!!!!!

But seriously, a rookie WR and rookie TE are not going to make this offense suddenly become respectable.

Think about it.

Our offense, as a whole, is going to be one of the youngest in the league.

(And this is assuming we draft a WR and TE)

Trent Edwards, 2nd year player
Lynch, 2nd year,
Evans, 4th year
Rookie WR
Rookie TE

And worst of all...ROOKIE OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR!!

We're relying on a lot of young, inexperienced guys to make this thing work.

Unless Edwards just suddenly "gets it" and catches fire and Lynch is running his ass off, only then will we even have a shot at being a little bit better offensively.

I think what Jauron is trying to do is do like the Bears did, offense was not emphasized but defense was and he's going to ride his defense to the playoffs if we get there.

DraftBoy
03-14-2008, 07:58 PM
While I like using a lot of rookies, signing a guy like a Samie Parker and Marcus Pollard who at least has some experience wouldn't be a bad idea over Reed and rookies at this point.

acehole
03-14-2008, 08:21 PM
Love Hackett...better at this piont then BJ. However he is injury prone and there will be alot of over the middle stuff in ball control.
Doesnt really fit what we want to do here..

Hackett's the last hope :sigh:

I'm not that worried about a rookie starting if we get the right one. It won't take much to make this starting lineup, so as long as he picks up the game quickly, he can make a decent contribution and hopefully draw some attention from Evans. It's happened. Sweed's work ethic and intangibles are mentioned in his strengths, so he could make an immediate impact.