• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimbohastle51
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Feb 2005

a WR idea?

now that bryant johnson has chose to turn his back on the snow and play a year in the bay area, was it really johnsons choice? this looks to me like the bills made a mild mutliyear offer and the bills were not as high on him as we all thought, so when SF offered a one year deal he jumped, to play with less of a quarterback and a offensive line in disstress, there obviously wasnt as much interest from the bills as we thought. so that leaves us with our current situation. a great number one, a great do it all slot reciever in parrish, and a steady but not great wideout in josh reed..... is it just me or does it seem a trade is coming?!? i have a feeling that buffalo will not only be addressing their wide reciever problems via early in the draft but also maybe there is a trading partner out there that will be as a big surprize as SF out of no where landing bryant johnson. roy williams name has been rumored with the bills already once this offseason and there are other good recievers that could be had for the right price.... anquan boldin is available for trade as well as matt jones of the jags who is still very young, not too mention some free agents who have not been talked about much- eddie kennison, ashley lelie, keenan mckardell, who are all getting old but would be nice one year stop gaps for a rookie and dont forget maybe eric moulds at 6'2 225lbs would make a nice number 2 for a year.....
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: a WR idea?

Matt Jones sucks.

I don't see us pulling a trade for a player the caliber of Boldin or Williams because of the price tag. Maybe an older vet before the draft, if they come cheap and short-term.

Most likely we'll go into the draft with the guys we've got right now, save for one or two nobody's for camp fodder.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Oaf
      Do you read what you write?
      • Jun 2007

All we can do is speculate at this point.

Comment

• Confused
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Jun 2007

speculate and hope. Roy williams sure would be nice tho...

Comment

• Meathead
          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
          • Jul 2002

kennison moulds mccardell

while theyre at it why not give rice alworth and lofton a call
          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Eric Moulds is no longer anywhere near a #2 receiver.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• jimbohastle51
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Meathead
              kennison moulds mccardell

while theyre at it why not give rice alworth and lofton a call
              if we sign a guy at this point it will be a guy like that and then draft a rookie high. theres no way we get a young stud at this point, they are sure handed viable options compared to 2 out of the 3 guys we have have never even caught 50 balls in a season. all of these vets would at least come in and know there role. the saints did it with david patten last year and he was great for them, actually had a big year. i am not saying these guys would be any more than a year solution but honestly i would take eddie kennison or eric moulds over josh reed any day. these guys were at least number one recievers at some point in there career, kennison just got cut this year because of the emergence of dwayne bowe and both moulds and kennison have been more productive at 31-33 then reed at 23-25 LOL!

Comment

• venis2k1
                Youboty can hope
                • Jul 2002

If we are signing Moulds it better be a 1 day contract so he can retire a bill.

Comment

We might as well invite Mike Williams to camp - he has 5 months before the season starts to get into shape, so a structured offer based on passing stages leading into camp, pre-season, and then the season. Even at 241lbs, a 6ft5 target will be useful with some decent coaching and no pressure due to zero expectations.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by kernowboy
                    We might as well invite Mike Williams to camp - he has 5 months before the season starts to get into shape, so a structured offer based on passing stages leading into camp, pre-season, and then the season. Even at 241lbs, a 6ft5 target will be useful with some decent coaching and no pressure due to zero expectations.
                    Convert him to a TE.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by andyxc71
                      Convert him to a TE.
                      Better yet let's convert Teyo Johnson to a WR.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                        Roways rooking ahread!
                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by The Jokeman
                        Better yet let's convert Teyo Johnson to a WR.
                        \\

Comment

• Marvelous
                          • Feb 2004

Jimbo, i'd LOVE to have Moulds back! But there's no way he could be our #2. He was pretty mediocre his last season with us.. Father time was brutal to him and he showed absolutely NOTHING left in the tank.. But i'd love it if he came back and could just be a part of the team.. But i just dont see him doing much...I just hope he dont go to Miami.. My Phin vuddies would be ALL OVE IT because they know that 40% of all my Bills memrobilia is Moulds.. Heck my license plate (florida) still reads "MOULDS"..
                          GO BILLS!!! NE
                          Magical Trevor

Comment

Working...
                          X