Just for fun, here's a deep sleeper at WR.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

Just for fun, here's a deep sleeper at WR.

Chaz Schilens San Diego State. He's 6'3.7." He ran in his pro day 4.38 40 and had a 43" vertical jump. Why is he so far under the radar? For starters, San Diego State isn't exactly USC. He was modestly productive in his junior year: 34 receptions for 483 yards. He had a stress fracture his senior year and missed most of it. He came back the last two games and had 14 receptions for 389 yards. He's probably not going to be drafted, but the minute the draft is over, Buffalo ought to have someone on the phone with him to offer him a rookie contract. He's going to be raw, but his numbers are off the charts, and he's shown he can be productive.

Hall of Football is owned and operated by The Sports Xchange (TSX) which has provided news, analysis and research for fans and professionals since 1987.
    Last edited by DraftBoy; 03-15-2008, 06:43 PM.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Just for fun, here's a deep sleeper at WR.

Somebody to keep an eye on....I would question why he waited until his last three games to really start posting some numbers, though, especially considering he was a three-year starter.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
      • May 2003

You know in this day an age the term "For starters, San Diego State isn't exactly USC" doesn't really work anymore. I don't think guys go under the radar anymore. He might be a great pick, but with technology and the way players are scouted these days, GMs know what they are seeing.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Another one;
        Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Bone
          Bone
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          The next Marques Colston?
          BILLIEVE

Comment

• Confused
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            well, the dick did say he wanted to "get bigger at WR" not "get a bigger WR. Im open for anything

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

I'm not sure why the link I intended to post does not come up. When I hit edit, the link comes up. In the thread It says "No link?" at least on mine.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
                I'm not sure why the link I intended to post does not come up. When I hit edit, the link comes up. In the thread It says "No link?" at least on mine.
                Fixed!
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                  Somebody to keep an eye on....I would question why he waited until his last three games to really start posting some numbers, though, especially considering he was a three-year starter.
                  That's why he's not going to be drafted. But with those kinds of numbers, someone has to take a look at him as a UDFA.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

god it would be nice to be the team that got a "colston" who was a 7th round pick who put up a 1000 yards.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Bulldog
                      Top Dog
                      • Jan 2003

Hey DB, what are your thoughts on Paul Hubbard, the WR from Wisconsin. Big boy at 6'3 and he ran his 40 in the 4.4 range. And what round in he projected to go in?
                      I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bulldog
                        Hey DB, what are your thoughts on Paul Hubbard, the WR from Wisconsin. Big boy at 6'3 and he ran his 40 in the 4.4 range. And what round in he projected to go in?
                        He's a nice sleeper. So is that Wainwright kid from Minnesota.

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

NFLDraftScout rates Hubbard as a 3-4th rounder. Wheelwright is rated an UDFA.

Hall of Football is owned and operated by The Sports Xchange (TSX) which has provided news, analysis and research for fans and professionals since 1987.

For Wheelwright, click on "Next 25 WR ratings" to the upper right and lower right of the chart.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Hubbard is a good prospect and a little under the radar, his combine peaked some interest on him I think he's closer to the top tier guys then some scouts give him credit for. Id take him in the 4th and call it a steal of the draft.

Wheelright is an all-potential guy, he is a very risky guy to pick and I doubt he gets drafted. He'll be a UDFA somewhere though.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Wheelright is pretty tall and he ran a 4.5.

Played on a crappy team with a crappy freshman QB.

Comment

Working...
                              X