PDA

View Full Version : It'll come down to NEED/VALUE RATIO

Yasgur's Farm
03-15-2008, 08:18 AM
The following is obviously my opinion...

Every draft pick will be determined by the highest NEED/VALUE RATIO.

For example... Right now, Devin Thomas has crawled over the backs of all the other WR's... He's at the top of the heap.

His NEED/VALUE RATIO far exceeds that of any CB, DE, TE, LB or even any other WR that will be available at #11. Not to say that these other positions wouldn't offer more value... But it would tilt the scales too much to take them at #11.

Right now we have just enough quality picks (rounds 1 - 4) to fill our biggest needs... So this formula must be adhered to. Of course it would be very advantageous to trade down and grab another quality pick. That would allow us to mess with the need/value formula a bit... We could then place a bit more weight on the value side.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig --> This Bryant Johnson thing has caused me to re-think my mock entirely. We need 2 WR's out of this draft... I pick Thomas & Hubbard with maybe a little bit of Urrutia thrown in.

ParanoidAndroid
03-15-2008, 05:31 PM
I'm wary of Thomas.

As far as need:value goes, you want both, in other words, a ratio of 1. If you can't get both, look to move out and get more picks.

YardRat
03-15-2008, 07:16 PM
Best case scenario would be BPA, but the gate to that path has been missed.

ParanoidAndroid
03-16-2008, 11:40 AM
Best case scenario would be BPA, but the gate to that path has been missed.

I'm not sure what gate led to effectively filling all our needs before the draft.
That would be true if you have no needs, but how many teams can say that? Not many, and certainly not a 7-9 team. It's not wise to overpay a FA if you are buiding a team the way Buffalo is. They've been smart this offseason and last as well. Not perfect, but damn close. They simply need too many upgrades to put themselves in a scenario where they can take BPA througha FA period. That would have been way too expensive and this team can't sell the future for the present. The Redskins are proof of that as they are slowly digging themselves out.